CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

9 hours ago, Fullfl0w said:

I was very surprised too - no phoning P&O or messaging them etc. It does seem very random. All I can say is that I was probably one of the first to request a refund for A009 as I did it the moment that cruise was cancelled on the 30th.

This was the cruise we were booked on. I didn't message/phone and was paid out day 50.

Andy, day 70!!! Hope it comes in soon for you, youre probably the most patient man on here.

Given up trying to fathom P&O

• Like 2

10 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

I would pay the extra so as to be sure of not having to listen to Gary Barlow.

But maybe that's just me.🤣

Don't rush into things,Barry Manilow is still on standby.

• Haha 2

Day 67 for me, still no refund. Mine is supposed to be a cheque in the post. Has anyone received a refund by cheque? My booking was direct with P&O. All i've received so far is a generic email from Paul Ludlow saying my refund is being processed.

I received a cheque yesterday. Had received no emails from P and O since the initial one cancelling our cruise in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, jacks17 said:

I received a cheque yesterday. Had received no emails from P and O since the initial one cancelling our cruise in March.

That’s good to know. I cancelled the day Boris announced over 70s should not cruise. Hopefully I won’t have to wait much longer.

• Like 1

We have waited over 9 weeks now, I spoke to P & O on Thursday and they said they will escalate the refund so let’s see.

We have waited over 10 weeks for a Princess cruise refund that was supposed to sail on 13th March and no answer as to when we will receive anything, so delays with all cruise lines unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, amajaa said:

We have waited over 9 weeks now, I spoke to P & O on Thursday and they said they will escalate the refund so let’s see.

We have waited over 10 weeks for a Princess cruise refund that was supposed to sail on 13th March and no answer as to when we will receive anything, so delays with all cruise lines unfortunately.

And I thought Princess were doing well! Our cruise was due on 16 April, was cancelled around 16 March and we received a refund within 15 days (with a little pressure)

Andy, I think you have the patience of a saint. But I truly hope your refunds turn up soon.

Now being back off furlough and back at work I have to say business travel is very strange. Only 14 of us (out of around 80) working and instead of managing 6-8 clients, we now have a list of 160! Needless to say a very high percentage of them are not travelling so we're not overloaded with work.

Our issue is the airlines and the length of time it's taking them to refund, and just like you see in the press, they are doing their best to get passengers to take vouchers. Our refunds team are working flat out and luckily the way flights are paid for we use what's called a Billing and Settlement Plan which means refunds are automated but the travellers may still have to wait for the airlines to cough up. Trouble is we deal with most of the major scheduled airlines around the world and they all have their own processes for vouchers/refunds and this changes on what feels like a daily basis.

Hotels in the UK keep emailing to say here's another 20 reservations we're cancelling because we're staying closed for another month! At least we're not in a refund situation there as 99% of business travellers pay on departure.

Although finding hotels for key and essential workers is a challenge, finding ones that are open, and then what proof they require for key workers, and what food and beverage options they can provide. Deliveroo and Uber Eats are thriving.

The nearest I've got to sea travel is a client sending people to do maintenance on HMS Echo!

Oh and if anyone saw the program about NCL Breakaway (Discovery channel "Mighty Ships") we were on that sailing is April 2013 from Rotterdam to Southampton? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Good morning Peter , hope you are keeping well.

The travel industry is having a rough time and I was reading that Shearings coaches have ceased trading .

That's more jobs lost and possibly others linked to them . Very sad times .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52776657

I am afraid they won't be the last ones to fail either Kalos.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacks17 said:

31 minutes ago, jacks17 said:

Hope you get your cheque soon

Bit Confused!

Refunds so far, are being reported as having been received via Bac's, Credit or Debit card.

You intimated that you had no contact after cancellation.

Why was your's in cheque form? seems strange 👀

New system perhaps? 👀

24 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning Peter , hope you are keeping well.

The travel industry is having a rough time and I was reading that Shearings coaches have ceased trading .

That's more jobs lost and possibly others linked to them . Very sad times .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52776657

Kalos

And more financial loss for Abta/Govenment!

7 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Kalos

And more financial loss for Abta/Govenment!

I would imagine a loss for a lot more. I remember seeing the damage done to local towns and villages when the pits & steelworks went, the loss can be far reaching .

Same as John said, sadly a lot more to come.I really feel for those losing and worrying about their jobs.

• Like 2

Day 67 and finally ...... drum roll.🥁 deposit and balance both arrived back onto my credit cards! 
The frustration has been unbelievable. So much stress. 
I really don’t think I can book another P&O cruise in the future. 
I will have to consider my options.

Princess is my cruise line of choice but I realise of course they are from the same stable.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for resolution. xx

• Like 3

I don't have a problem booking another cruise with them as I like the onboard staff.  However, their offices and IT leave a lot to be desired.

Going by FB, Cunard and Princess are just as bad.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

Just now, sasmisjas said:

Day 67 and finally ...... drum roll.🥁 deposit and balance both arrived back onto my credit cards! 

Princess is my cruise line of choice but I realise of course they are from the same stable.

🥂🚢😁

You are one of many thinking through future options, of that I am sure

Good news for you!  

Bit Confused!

Refunds so far, are being reported as having been received via Bac's, Credit or Debit card.
You intimated that you had no contact after cancellation.
Why was your's in cheque form? seems strange [emoji102]
New system perhaps? [emoji102]

I booked through TC and when they went out of business P and O took over the booking. I paid the balance over the phone and so they won’t have had my details to pay the money back to my credit card.

When/if I cruise again it is going to be difficult to forgive PO for this shambles, but reading about other lines, they are all the same, trying to hang on to our money PO have worn me out and so far all I have is promises and it's  day 70.

I have a cruise booked with Princess in November, paid out £2000 already, balance due in August. The cruise is a certainty to be cancelled, destination Sydney, so my battle for a refund will start again. 

Wouldn't  it be nice to return to the days when planning, booking and looking forward holidays was a pleasure ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

I have seen 2 others who got cheques.  They do that if you paid through a TA and they have not got your BACS details.  I gave them mine and got refunded that way.

Me too although I was originally told we would get a cheque 4 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, sasmisjas said:

Fantastic news your refund has finally arrived.