CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Just out of interest - I got my refund about three days ago, which was credited to my 'US Fast' credit card.

This refund put me several thousand pounds in credit so I rang my card company up and asked for it to be sent to my bank account, which they were happy to do BUT warned it could take 10/14 days to transfer. When asked why it took that long I was informed that it was due to all the cruise refunds they were handling!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Totally agree and something I have been saying for many days. 

No wonder customers, like me, are so angry and no matter what you do by hastening, pleading, emailing, messaging etc, it makes no difference. Luck of the draw who gets theirs first

Total shambles. I would be ashamed to br associated with them.

I'm not angry just amazed at their ineptitude. About a month ago I filled in the form to move my deposit for our August Iona cruise to same time next year. Ok,but don't call us we'll call you. The cruise for next year was +£80 and the deposit 5%. No phone call and won't take mine. Now the cruise is +£220 each and the deposit +£260.Then the email Wednesday. You refund is in process. Now another one sorry about that, but no it's not,but don't call us we'll call you. Shambles is fairly accurate.

25 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

Just out of interest - I got my refund about three days ago, which was credited to my 'US Fast' credit card.

This refund put me several thousand pounds in credit so I rang my card company up and asked for it to be sent to my bank account, which they were happy to do BUT warned it could take 10/14 days to transfer. When asked why it took that long I was informed that it was due to all the cruise refunds they were handling!

I'm the same, my CC company said up to 28 days.

Hello all, I’ve been following this thread as waiting for refund, summary:

*Britannia cruise 26th April cancelled by P&O

*online refund form completed 30th March
*received an email with cancellation invoice (incorrect value) but following info here on CC did not concern myself and then P&O FAQ confirmed it would show incorrectly

*refund paid back too credit card 21st May

*credit card company refunding fee free back to current account as no balance on card

Thanks to all those posting their experiences and for those who are yet to receive your refund I hope it comes soon...I’m going to keep reading this until I know Andy has his! 

Andrea 😁

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

I assume that we have the same type of card. I requested a transfer on the 7th May and it did not reach my bank account until 21st May. On a previous occasion a few months ago the transfer took about two weeks. I requested another transfer on the 18th May and it is still showing on my account today. On the previous occasions there were a few days between my card account showing a zero balance and the amount appearing in my current account.

1 hour ago, Neecy1 said:

Hi everyone. We've received a refund this week for 26th April cruise on Brittania. We've never emailed or rang P&O to chase as we thought we'd wait till day 60. However our refund is £120 short which must be the deposit. Presume this will arrive separately. You'd think they would have refunded in full to save themselves work!

Just thought I'd let you know.

Congratulations.

Our Deposit was £189 which didn't come with the refund like yours.

I emailed Sarah Wing and she sorted the paperwork and my deposit also is now in our bank.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

I have also just received an email notifying me that my refund was processed on May 20th. Still not showing as pending on my credit card but at least some progress has been made. Fingers crossed it’s for the full amount when it arrives. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pine Man said:

That’s shocking. My credit card company transferred my surplus balance to my current account (a different bank altogether) the next working day! I suspect that they are dealing with just as many cruise & holiday refunds as your card provider. They must use the same book of excuses as P&O!

1 hour ago, frogsgirl said:

*received an email with cancellation invoice (incorrect value) but following info here on CC did not concern myself and then P&O FAQ confirmed it would show incorrectly

*credit card company refunding fee free back to current account as no balance on card

Thanks to all those posting their experiences and for those who are yet to receive your refund I hope it comes soon...I’m going to keep reading this until I know Andy has his! 

Andrea 😁

Great to hear your refund was sorted.

45 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

It's weird isn't it.  I paid P&O directly for my deposit on board the ship and paid the TA for the balance which they then paid P&O.  All of it came back in one refund.

Our deposit came back today.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jacks17 said:

This is the first time I’ve posted, although I’ve been following the thread and feel as if I know many of you already. I was booked on Ventura sailing 17th March. I received a cancellation invoice dated 25th March and have today received a cheque for the full amount of the cruise. I’m relieved as I was gearing up to go into battle next Tuesday emoji16.png.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to hear and welcome to the forum!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Cancelled an Oceania Cruises cruise on 7th April, refund received 15th May - 39 days. Pity P&O can't be as prompt.

That is excellent news.

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, frogsgirl said:

Andrea 😁

Good news.

i think a lot of us are just reading this for Andy now!!

• Like 7

Apologies.  Our deposit was paid on a different card and the refund has gone to that. Should have checked. We're all done now. Hope everyone else is sorted soon.

Here's to safer times when we can all cruise again. We've only done two TA's and got completely addicted although my husband was in the Merchant Navy for 10 years so obviously loves the sea.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

At last I believe I may be getting somewhere. Received an email from Sarah Wing, escalated, her words, my refund, wanted bank details and proof of payment to TA, asked me to allow up to 10 days. Forwarded invoice from TA, so I hope this sorry saga nears the end.

Sounds promising. You have been waiting an exceptionally long time and deserve to have resolution. Those of us who have had our refunds via the escalation route have had them very quickly thereafter, so I am sure that the end is near for you. Fingers crossed. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

That’s shocking. My credit card company transferred my surplus balance to my current account (a different bank altogether) the next working day! I suspect that they are dealing with just as many cruise & holiday refunds as your card provider. They must use the same book of excuses as P&O!

I agree it is not very good but I have accrued well over £100 cashback since last November so I'll live with it.

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

My cc company took 3 days to transfer the balance back to my bank. Pat on the back for Lloyds ( am I allowed to say that ? If not I said nothing"😁)

21 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Day 68, but it's  not, confused ? I am.

Cancelled and asked for refund from TA on 14th March, simple so far.  PandO introduced an online form to ask for refund, T A said I did not have submit, they doing them direct with PO, great. I wait and start chasing PO for refund, they then tell me 5 weeks later, my T A hadn't requested a refund until 15th April !! Swiftly on to T A and they admit it wasn't submitted until 5th April !  PO dispute date but whatever, I am told I am not on day 68, more like 46 !

I cannot name TA but needless to say I will give them a wide berth in future. Calls and emails to Helen L at PO and she will not make any promises, although she sympathises, isn't that nice of her.

So when will I get my refund ?  Answers on a postcard.

Happy and I mean that! that the P&O/Cunard admin and marketing staff have been receiving their refunds.

Now that is out of the way, maybe it's our turn next!

• Like 1

The Home Secretary has just announced mandatory 14 day quarantine for new arrivals from 8th June, reviewable every three weeks.  That's another uncertainty removed about the short term viability of any fly cruises. 

I would imagine (although don't know) that these restrictions will apply to cruise passengers to, should that become allowed.  No difference if you are tested (antigen or antibody).

Good to see that more refunds are coming through if illogically ordered as ever.

Chance of a further extension to cancellation being announced shortly to the cruise suspension just went up, as this will affect returning crew too.  Let's wait and see. 

Sorry, might just have been too logical for a second there😉

I added the 2nd reply to the OP on this thread -

Cruise was Ventura 17th March, cancelled by P&O on the 13th and refund requested by me on the 14th March.

Booked direct with P&O paid deposit by debit and balance by credit card, have called just twice since the 14th March, ten days ago told it will be any day now. today I called and was told no idea, you will receive the refund but don't know when, I mentioned later cruisers were receiving refunds and Mr Ludlow has said we will get them within 60 days, I got sympathy and agreement it was a mess but still no money and I don't know how to bank sympathy!

Cancellation confirmations received and previous call confirmed last 4 numbers of both of my cards and advised to watch out as the money will come back to them.

For the 45 minutes or so on hold today there was a constant sales pitch on booking shore excursions and onboard experiences, worse still was the "If P&O need to cancel for any reason you can obtain a full refund as per our T&C's", these people have no shame.

Have made my mind up on trusting P&O with money.

I do hope there isn't anyone still sitting on the fence regarding paying balances, just move your cruise forward for now to avoid losing anything.

• Like 2

Just been reading the Facebook page for P&O and people there getting het up becaue they are at 66 days etc.  Just feel very relieved that I contacted someone and got my refund.  Feel very sorry for those who are still waiting.

• Like 2