CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

48 minutes ago, enjoysummers said:

I would also agree. Didn't chase just waited. As they say patience is ........annoying to others

Yes I only sent a polite Facebook message to see if I was on the refund list. I did phone last week but they didn’t take any details just said it would be coming. I don’t really count that as chasing as they didn’t take any of my details!

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Well I have news! I messaged P&O on Facebook and they answered asking for all my details. I replied but heard nothing since.

Ive just had a Facebook message from them saying they processed my refund on 14th May and I should see it shortly. As it’s going into my bank account I don’t normally receive anything at the weekend, I’ve looked and not there yet.

Interesting it can be seen on credit cards!

I asked for a refund on 16th March for 10th April cruise.

I keep messaging them on F.......  No response.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I’m a chronic worrier. Always dithering about something. Would love not to be. 

but glad that ones back. Now I just have to wait 90 days for virgin holidays to refund me. Dunno if to take out the s75 on that one tho as it worries me they will go under. 

How many days are you at again andy? 
didn’t you cancel before me due to Michelle’s health? 

have you rung them?

Yay vamps! 😊

Just now, bobstheboy said:

I keep messaging them on F.......  No response.

After the initial request from them for more details (I thought I’d provided a lot!) I hadn’t heard anything more until today - that was about 2 weeks since I messaged them!

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

How did they have your bank details then?

Just realized that although I have sent the details, they haven't confirmed it has been processed yet.

If that’s to me Jean I booked direct.

7 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Well I have news! I messaged P&O on Facebook and they answered asking for all my details. I replied but heard nothing since.

Ive just had a Facebook message from them saying they processed my refund on 14th May and I should see it shortly. As it’s going into my bank account I don’t normally receive anything at the weekend, I’ve looked and not there yet.

Interesting it can be seen on credit cards!

I asked for a refund on 16th March for 10th April cruise.

You were same day as me then, hopefully it will show up on Monday for you as nothing, from my experience, tends to either credit or debit on a Sunday.  Fingers crossed for you 😊

• Like 1

I can't believe it, but there are posters on other social media sites, thanking P&O  for refunding them after 60 days. If anyone has the temerity to point out that P&O are only giving back money that is not theirs to keep, and that the refund is 46 days late, they get shot down in flames.

No wonder P&O service levels are so bad,  if some people are prepared to think that this tardy reaction is worthy of praise.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I can't believe it, but there are posters on other social media sites, thanking P&O  for refunding them after 60 days. If anyone has the temerity to point out that P&O are only giving back money that is not theirs to keep, and that the refund is 46 days late, they get shot down in flames.

No wonder P&O service levels are so bad,  if some people are prepared to think that this tardy reaction is worthy of praise.

Some of them on FB would make you sick they must’ve issued ultra rose tinted glasses to their loyal fans

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

Some of them on FB would make you sick they must’ve issued ultra rose tinted glasses to their loyal fans

Yes, they just seem to have this P&O "right or wrong" state of mind.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Well played Selborne. 

Very pleased for you. 

Sadly, our emails to Paul Ludlow and various calls have had no effect. 

I'm just sitting tight now... 

Our first sailing was well before the Iona Maiden, so definitely not being done in sail order. 

Andy 

Ours was the Azura TA on March 20th so definitely not in date order.

I emailed the team leader back on Thursday and she said 7 working days which will take us to Wednesday and 68 days.

She said they are now telling people 10 working days which will actually be 14 days from when Refunds are authorised.

Edited by grapau27

2 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Refund received.  Finally!

Ventura, 17th March, requested 15th - day 62.  Direct booking (CC payment).

Another small piece of evidence that chasing them makes a difference, tend to agree with Selbourne.

Although it may be different, the clearest explanation for the order comes from that 2 min P&O Australia post.

Jean, Graham, Mat, Bob, Thomas, P&No Refund (and many others), hope that your red letter day comes soon!

Thanks.

I am delighted for you.

Same.  It's when they start arguing with the customers (who they forget are fellow passengers and maybe even their friends and previous valued guests around the dinner table) that it gets me.

In their world:

-- don't say anything until at least 60 days (because P&O says that's ok then).

-- don't post except on the refund thread from P&O (because all of your questions are answered by P&O there and Mint Julep ingredients may mixed up otherwise).

-- don't ask for your money back (Universal Credit and grants are available if you really need your money back); that's the worst P&O fan retort for me.

-- generally, don't post anything (as it's insensitive to the "Top Fan" who are in lockdown - as none of us are of course).

Everyone can have their view on patience versus persistence, but to take it out on your own.

Meanwhile, the most annoying P&O "standing response" is the one where you are chastised for not understanding that P&O is one of the few in the business offering refunds of any type.  That is just wrong and plain misleading on any terms, as has been well illustrated by confused.com and others.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Heatherlea10 said:

I've just checked my credit card online and I had a refund from P&O on Wednesday for my 4th April cruise.  I did book direct with P&O and requested my refund on 24th March.  I never chased them for a refund.

Congratulations.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

How did they have your bank details then?

Just realized that although I have sent the details, they haven't confirmed it has been processed yet.

I emailed the guest relations team leader that emailed me asking for our bank details for Bacs.

She said 7 working days from the Monday she contacted me.

18 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Same.  It's when they start arguing with the customers (who they forget are fellow passengers and maybe even their friends and previous valued guests around the dinner table) that it gets me.

In their world:

-- don't say anything until at least 60 days (because P&O says that's ok then).

-- don't post except on the refund thread from P&O (because all of your questions are answered by P&O there and Mint Julep ingredients may mixed up otherwise).

-- don't ask for your money back (Universal Credit and grants are available if you really need your money back); that's the worst P&O fan retort for me.

-- generally, don't post anything (as it's insensitive to the "Top Fan" who are in lockdown - as none of us are of course).

Everyone can have their view on patience versus persistence, but to take it out on your own.

Meanwhile, the most annoying P&O "standing response" is the one where you are chastised for not understanding that P&O is one of the few in the business offering refunds of any type.  That is just wrong and plain misleading on any terms, as has been well illustrated by confused.com and others.

They seem to think it was funny that the IDIOT that was going to take P&O down had got a refund then some of the comments were unbelievable and all started by the admin of the page says it all really

11 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Wasn't Rebecca was it?  She told me 10 when she asked for details and now she confirms filling in the BACS form and says it will take 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah.

She emailed me straight back saying 7 working days and that they are now telling people 10 working days.

I said it's the slowest Bacs I have ever known but she said they are doing them as well as other duties!!

Edited by grapau27
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

To be fair, she fills in the form and I expect Finance isn't in until Monday and has hundreds to do.

Sarah emailed us last Monday saying 7 working days but some on here were saying they got theirs within 3 days so I emailed her back on Thursday and she reiterated it was 7 working days from Monday but they were now telling people 10 working days.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1