CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

4 minutes ago, Burgmeister said:

Sounds like you may have booked with the same TA as me? Our cruise (due to depart 28th March) was cancelled on 16th March - still waiting.

I booked direct with P & O on this occasion.
I have another cruise on Iona booked with them July 21, used a TA for that one. Used the same TA last year when our Oasis Transatlantic was cancelled last year due to the drydock incident. She was fantastic and we got our refund and FCC from Royal Caribbean within a couple of weeks and our flight refund from Thomas Cook shortly after, all done by her. She was recommended to me from a cruising friend, she is an English lady living in Spain 

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

I am of course pleased for those who have received their refund. Looking at the dates of cancellation and cruise dates, it still appears the luck of the draw who gets theirs first. I cancelled on 14th March and cruise date was 27th March, so should have had the refund by now. 

I have made my mind up I will never cruise PandO again. It's not just the delay, but total disregard for there loyal customers. I first cruised with them 20 years ago  on the old Arcadia and have had many since. Who knows when it will be safe to cruise again, but when/if I can, there will be plenty of choice.

I wrote in March on another thread, about how bad P&O customer service appears to be compared to other cruise  companies and nearly 60 days in I am still waiting for refund despite them saying 45 days in email. April 4th was to be our first cruise with them, after this experience there's no chance they will be getting my money again. 

• Like 2

I think I am on day 67 now.  What's really cheesed me off even further is this press release from the President saying it's now taking 'up to 60 days'.  Either he's not fully briefed or he's deliberately lying.

I cancelled before P&O cancelled any cruises and under the previous terms.  If I phone up I just get told they don't know why I have not received it.

• Like 1

I received my first refund from a 50% - 50% FCC with two days of cancelling at the very start of this debacle. Then someone must have realised   "we can't go on like this - we had better see how much we have got in the piggy bank" hence the subsequent delays.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mat5664 said:

I think I am on day 67 now.  What's really cheesed me off even further is this press release from the President saying it's now taking 'up to 60 days'.  Either he's not fully briefed or he's deliberately lying.

I cancelled before P&O cancelled any cruises and under the previous terms.  If I phone up I just get told they don't know why I have not received it.

I go for deliberately lying.  I don't believe that he doesn't know what is going on.

• Like 3

Many on here and other social media are doing all they can to get their money without success. Some will disagree but I don't believe PandO are taking any notice of customers complaining, there are too many, and they have blocked their ears and riding the storm.

• Like 2

Going to miss this thread when everyone gets paid out, it's brilliant.

I see Eglesbrech and Selbourne as a latter day Statler and Waldorf, in a nice way of course 👍

Stay alert everyone and use common sense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mickrory said:

I see Eglesbrech and Selbourne as a latter day Statler and Waldorf, in a nice way of course 👍

No offence taken! I have a sense of humour and firmly believe that you should always be able to laugh at yourself as well as others, and your post made me smile, something we all need at present 😊 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

In terms of the brands in the Carnival Group, then will we darken their door again?

Carnival - yes - newer ships

Princess - maybe - depends on itinerary

Costa - possibly - for a cheap and cheerful short break

Holland America - doubtful due to passenger demographics

Aida - no, as aimed at the German market

Seabourn - maybe if I win the lottery

P&O Australia - no as we don't live in Oz

Cunard - no, too formal for us

P&O UK - mmm, their customer service doesn't impress me

To add to your options Pete maybe NCL  or even SAGA maybe ? 

The latter being a bit more expensive and age dependant but their new ship looks great.

Will they remain true to their words and not darken Carnival's door step ever again?  

I think people will be coming to you and others in the travel industry asking " Can you get it cheaper ?" 

in the future just to get away on holiday.

Some of us, like you , will be swayed by past experiences and possible medical limitations but for the rest

I think they will be ruled by their pockets dependant on what offers are for the taking .

1 hour ago, mickrory said:

😀.

1 hour ago, kalos said:

To add to your options Pete maybe NCL  or even SAGA maybe ? 

The latter being a bit more expensive and age dependant but their new ship looks great.

Will they remain true to their words and not darken Carnival's door step ever again?  

I think people will be coming to you and others in the travel industry asking " Can you get it cheaper ?" 

in the future just to get away on holiday.

Some of us, like you , will be swayed by past experiences and possible medical limitations but for the rest

I think they will be ruled by their pockets dependant on what offers are for the taking .

I was only referring to the Carnival group of brands as that was the initial question. With regard to NCL (5 sailings), RCI (23 cruises) and Celebrity (4 cruises), these are already 3 of our favourite brands and we have 4 future cruises booked between them. Reflecting on issues we have encountered over the years, which I have mentioned earlier in this thread, RCI and Celebrity are the best at customer service in our experience, Carnival next, then NCL and finally MSC. 

• Like 1

Seen a few folk posting about refunds for Iona maiden sailing which was May 14th. That’s about 3 weeks before our June cruise so seems to be creeping closer to our refund now. A definite flurry of refunds reported today, although doesn’t seem to be any rhyme nor reason to the order

56 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

OK, just received email requesting bank details for us and also for our friend.  Refund approved, should be in my bank in 10 days.

Thank goodness for that.

Good news Jean.

That is working days so it is actually 14 days.

They told me 7 working days on Monday so really 9 days.

38 minutes ago, PandNo Refund said:

Seen a few folk posting about refunds for Iona maiden sailing which was May 14th. That’s about 3 weeks before our June cruise so seems to be creeping closer to our refund now. A definite flurry of refunds reported today, although doesn’t seem to be any rhyme nor reason to the order

Hi. If you receive your refund before Grapau27 and myself you may be in for ( jesting) verbal abuse.  We seem to have  been in a very long queue for a very long time.  Definitely not in Ship alphabetical order LOL. I am hoping for Monday. PLEASE

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good news Jean.

That is working days so it is actually 14 days.

They told me 7 working days on Monday so really 9 days.

When my wife as on Tuesday about whether it was calendar or working Days, the reply it will be up to 60 calendars from the day of cancellation, so we are expecting our £8700 by 28 May. 

5 hours ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

Day 60 for me today. I have hired a band to conduct a fanfare when the postman arrives. If it doesn't work out i'll tell the band they'll get paid within 60 days! 

Well, the postman came and went. The band has packed up and gone. Still no sign of a refund.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi jeanlyon  Congratulations on your refund which cruise were you booked on and when did you cancel how many days did you have to wait 

Cancelled on 12th March due to age etc.  Cruise 26th April.  If I get it in 10 days it will be 74 days.