CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Checked my card this morning and the cruise fare refund is there, the sundries are still outstanding but will no doubt come later. 😀

Excellent... Really pleased for you. 

Just checked my card and guess what... 

NUFFING!!! 

Andy 

• Like 1

cruise date 4 th april

refund requested 14 march

refund recd to credit card 16 may

Taken  to long and poor communication from P&O,

will not be cruising again until all the covid problems

are sorted and governments stop panicking and get their

acts together.

Good luck everyone stay safe we will overcome this.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, piatro said:

cruise date 4 th april

acts together.

Thank you for letting us know, glad you finally got your money. 

Andy 

20 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Excellent... Really pleased for you. 

Just checked my card and guess what... 

NUFFING!!! 

Andy 

There seems to be some movement at least now Andy so hopefully not too long. We were not notified it would be coming, it just appeared so you may get a pleasant surprise out of the blue as well.🤞

• Like 3

Well, I have some news! I have received full refunds for both bookings.

A few days ago I decided to test my theory that priority was being given to those who were chasing so, having sat patiently and not chased since our bookings were cancelled at the end of March, I sent a polite email to Paul Ludlows office. I mentioned that whilst it was a legal requirement to refund within 14 days I appreciated that we were in unprecedented times, but I would just like some reassurance that my refunds were in the queue and perhaps some idea as to when I could expect them. I also mentioned that I was an active participant on Cruise Critic and had noticed that those who were chasing seemed to be getting their money quicker than those of us who hadn’t. I received an email back very quickly confirming that my refunds were being processed and in fact they must have been processed there and then as the money has appeared back on my credit card this morning with the transaction date being the same date as the receipt of my email. This represents day 45 from when I submitted the refund request or, if you take the time between the cancellation invoice being received and the date P&O applied the refunds 40 days. I am still waiting on £150 for cancelled Select Dining bookings, but would rather be waiting for that than the £5k for the bookings!

In the interests of balance, I should state that both refunds were for the Iona Maiden Cruise (one for my wife and me and the other for our children - both paid for by me) and there have been reports of others receiving refunds for this cruise and I don’t know whether those people had chased up their refunds or not. Also, I booked direct with P&O, so the absence of a middle man may have made things a bit simpler and quicker. So it could all be pure coincidence, but I also wonder if the fact that I mentioned Cruise Critic got a reaction, if they are trying to pick off those who are articulating frustration about the excessive delays? 

At the start of the crisis I made a list of all the companies that owed me money for cancelled bookings. It was quite a long list. Some companies have been absolutely brilliant (top marks to Premier Inn), most have been OK, one was a battle but I got the refund several weeks ago and the last one to pay out was P&O. 

Sadly we won’t be booking any more cruises until we are convinced that cruising is a safe form of holiday, so that probably won’t be until a vaccine is available. As to whether our next cruise, when it happens, will be with P&O only time will tell. In the meantime, I wish all of those still awaiting their refunds good luck.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, piatro said:

cruise date 4 th april

acts together.

After my rant yesterday, I have just received my refund for the same cruise. Deposit on one card and balance on another. Just restaurant booking outstanding. I think it was 59/60 days to get refund. I did not contact P&O after the initial online claim form fwiw. 

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Checked my card this morning and the cruise fare refund is there, the sundries are still outstanding but will no doubt come later. 😀

Well done. Great news. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's fantastic news. 

I worry about you worrying... 😊

Andy 

I’m a chronic worrier. Always dithering about something. Would love not to be. 

but glad that ones back. Now I just have to wait 90 days for virgin holidays to refund me. Dunno if to take out the s75 on that one tho as it worries me they will go under. 

How many days are you at again andy? 
didn’t you cancel before me due to Michelle’s health? 

have you rung them?

• Like 1

A few days ago I decided to test my theory that priority was being given to those who were chasing so, having sat patiently and not chased since our bookings were cancelled at the end of March, I sent a polite email to Paul Ludlows office. I mentioned that whilst it was a legal requirement to refund within 14 days I appreciated that we were in unprecedented times, but I would just like some reassurance that my refunds were in the queue and perhaps some idea as to when I could expect them. I also mentioned that I was an active participant on Cruise Critic and had noticed that those who were chasing seemed to be getting their money quicker than those of us who hadn’t. I received an email back very quickly confirming that my refunds were being processed and in fact they must have been processed there and then as the money has appeared back on my credit card this morning with the transaction date being the same date as the receipt of my email. This represents day 45 from when I submitted the refund request or, if you take the time between the cancellation invoice being received and the date P&O applied the refunds 40 days. I am still waiting on £150 for cancelled Select Dining bookings, but would rather be waiting for that than the £5k for the bookings!

In the interests of balance, I should state that both refunds were for the Iona Maiden Cruise (one for my wife and me and the other for our children - both paid for by me) and there have been reports of others receiving refunds for this cruise and I don’t know whether those people had chased up their refunds or not. Also, I booked direct with P&O, so the absence of a middle man may have made things a bit simpler and quicker. So it could all be pure coincidence, but I also wonder if the fact that I mentioned Cruise Critic got a reaction, if they are trying to pick off those who are articulating frustration about the excessive delays? 

At the start of the crisis I made a list of all the companies that owed me money for cancelled bookings. It was quite a long list. Some companies have been absolutely brilliant (top marks to Premier Inn), most have been OK, one was a battle but I got the refund several weeks ago and the last one to pay out was P&O. 

Sadly we won’t be booking any more cruises until we are convinced that cruising is a safe form of holiday, so that probably won’t be until a vaccine is available. As to whether our next cruise, when it happens, will be with P&O only time will tell. In the meantime, I wish all of those still awaiting their refunds good luck.

I’m starting to also think your theory about them picking off the vocal complainers to try and dampen down the online noise.

15 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Well played Selborne. 

Very pleased for you. 

Sadly, our emails to Paul Ludlow and various calls have had no effect. 

I'm just sitting tight now... 

Our first sailing was well before the Iona Maiden, so definitely not being done in sail order. 

Andy 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PandNo Refund said:

I’m starting to also think your theory about them picking off the vocal complainers to try and dampen down the online noise.

To be clear, my email wasn’t a complaint, just an enquiry. I knew that my email wouldn’t get beyond a secretary and with the week they have had (redundancies, reduced hours etc) I felt that it would be unfair to offload my feelings about the way P&O has handled this as the person reading it wouldn’t be a decision maker and probably had similar feelings themselves! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I’m a chronic worrier. Always dithering about something. Would love not to be. 

but glad that ones back. Now I just have to wait 90 days for virgin holidays to refund me. Dunno if to take out the s75 on that one tho as it worries me they will go under. 

How many days are you at again andy? 
didn’t you cancel before me due to Michelle’s health? 

have you rung them?

We are over 60 days on the first one cancelled on health grounds and approaching 60 on the other. 

We did call, email, contact on social media etc but haven't for a week or so as we were not getting anywhere. 

Just sitting tight, perhaps we need to start shouting... 

Andy 

Received a full refund to my credit card today.

Sailing date April 11, booked direct.

Applied for refund March 23rd.

I didn't contact P&O at any time. I was planning S75 action but decided to wait a bit longer.

Prebooked shorex and dining still outstanding but that claim was made later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone else not received an acknowledgement of their refund request made via the online form ie a cancellation invoice?  I haven’t and it looks now as if the refunds are coming through for my departure date (12 April). 

Edited by Ilovemygarden
  • Like 1

Morning everyone, hope you are all keeping well,

Just wondering  has anyone received their refunds on a cheque? Our cruise was E006N and although we requested a refund in March and was told there was a technical problem resulting in delays , we were told the refund couldn't go back on our card (?) 

However reading about refunds on here P and O have been refunding on later dated cruises on cards ,but I haven't yet read people receiving cheques .

21 minutes ago, jake 26 said:

Received a full refund to my credit card today.

Sailing date April 11, booked direct.

Applied for refund March 23rd.

I didn't contact P&O at any time. I was planning S75 action but decided to wait a bit longer.

Prebooked shorex and dining still outstanding but that claim was made later.

I am pleased for you but also very annoyed with PandO. My refund request date was 14th March, nine days before yours, my cruise date was 27th March, 14 days before yours. 

Getting angrier with this company by the day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PandNo Refund said:

Quite agree, very similar message (note that he does say business days), but put clearly, succinctly and without trying to apply gloss.

Crucially, no misleading information about it being a special privilege to receive a refund.

Listening to this conveys how much of the problem has been in the sub UK brand and messaging, as opposed to the Carnival wide picture.  There is very little, if anything, said here which could not have been said by P&O UK.

Quite agree, very similar message (note that he does say business days), but put clearly, succinctly and without trying to apply gloss.

Crucially, no misleading information about it being a special privilege to receive a refund.

Listening to this conveys how much of the problem has been in the sub UK brand and messaging, as opposed to the Carnival wide picture.  There is very little, if anything, said here which could not have been said by P&O UK.

Also by saying ‘do not contact us’ but crucially giving proper spelt out time scales for when each booking would be actioned - their efforts can be put where needed instead of having their employees constantly replying to ‘when’s my refund’ emails, phone calls and social media queries.
  • Like 2