CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Refund received.  Finally!

Ventura, 17th March, requested 15th - day 62.  Direct booking (CC payment).

Another small piece of evidence that chasing them makes a difference, tend to agree with Selbourne.

Although it may be different, the clearest explanation for the order comes from that 2 min P&O Australia post.

Jean, Graham, Mat, Bob, Thomas, P&No Refund (and many others), hope that your red letter day comes soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Conscious that this post will be of interest only to CC customers on here, sorry if you already know this, just don't want anyone to get a final sting in the tail.

So, just to confirm, when the refund is in your CC account, the best bet is to move it to a current account by ringing them.  Took me 5 minutes (not 60 business days, despite the pandemic).

This is because unless you pay (in full, AND using your own funds) whatever balance is on the account, you will be charged interest on the whole sum, which could be costly.  If need be, just repay the CC company from your debit card/current account when the statement is due, after being reimbursed.  The reimbursement will be up to 3 days they said.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I did read that someone got a cheque.  I was waiting for a cheque but they emailed me and asked for bank details.

Just So hope they do the same for us. It's been a long wait, have even asked question on P&O Oceana FB page.

Sorry,  but it is annoying when people who have got refunds say it is because they have been active in chasing PandO. The evidence isn't there . Somme on here, like me, have been chasing them for weeks, no refund, others haven't, refund. 

Give it a rest.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Dont know why but not getting the updates on this thread checked to see if its linked to my email and it seems to be any ideas 

I'm having the same problem. I'm linked to a number of threads, but not getting any updates at all. I thought it might be a problem with my email account, but I'm still getting offers from various Russian girls who want to be my friend!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Sorry,  but it is annoying when people who have got refunds say it is because they have been active in chasing PandO. The evidence isn't there . Somme on here, like me, have been chasing them for weeks, no refund, others haven't, refund. 

Give it a rest.

I would agree. It seems to be quite random and nothing (or very little) to do with chasing them or otherwise.

Hi all, I'd like to update everyone on our quest for a full refund. 

Great News! We have now been immediately refunded £2828 back to our credit card and £550 back to our debit card for Spa packages without having to wait 45-60 days. It's a long story so bear with me - i'll try to keep it as short as poss.

The short version: Wife and I decided to go for a refund because she's a teacher so the 125% FCC was of very limited value as we can only go during holiday times. Also the cost of future cruises has risen to the point where the value gained from the extra 25% has been negated by the price increases.

Initially I submitted a refund request using the online form but failed to get an acknowledgment (see my earlier post on the board). Concerned about this, I rang them and got through to a bloke called Andy who said he would check on their refund tracker system if they'd received my request. He said the system was "down" and said he'd call me back later that day. He did, but system was still down. He was very apologetic. Said he'd call me in the morning - he did but system STILL down!! By this time i'm getting a little fed up with him and he's becoming more and more apologetic. I then ask to escalate to a manager/team leader and threatened him that I was about to start the section 75 claim route because I believed that p+o were deliberately hanging onto peoples money for fear of insolvency. He said he fully understood these concerns and that he would arrange for a manager to call me back. I said if one didn't, I would immediately proceed with a section 75 credit card claim for our cruise costs and a debit card chargeback for our Spa packages.

Later that day, a nice woman called Ann Marie Cartlidge, a P+O manager, called me back and asked me what the problem was and what she could do to help. I explained our frustration at not being able to be informed if our refund request had been received because their system was continually down. I also explained our concerns for the ongoing solvency of P&O because of the news about NCL (Norwegian cruise lines) possibly unable to continue as a going concern. I then said that we are legally entitled to a full refund within 14 days from notice of cancellation in accordance with the package travel regulations Section 14, sub-section 3b(ii) a full refund "must be made to the traveller without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the package travel contract is terminated"

She agreed that this was our legal right and that she would begin the immediate process of a full refund back to our cards. I told her that if she managed to do this without further antagonism or delay, that I would suspend our section 75 and chargeback claims and that P&O would retain some goodwill from us when we consider our next cruise. However, if we were forced to go down the s75 + chargeback route, then any remaining goodwill would be gone and they would have lost a customer forever. She said she was grateful that we still retained some goodwill towards P+O if she could sort out our refunds. She said she would call me on the Monday to update me (it was bank hol Friday). 

Monday came and went and no phone call so I thought I'll give her till Tuesday lunchtime. That came and went so I started the s75 and chargeback claim. Ten minutes into doing that, the phone rings and it's Ann Marie. She informs me that the £2828 credit card refund has been processed and that she is chasing up the £550 debit card refund but as it was a different payment she'd have to call me back later in the week. She hasn't called me back yet but I've just seen the £550 refund hit my bank account! Result!!!

All I can say is, good luck to you all in your refund pursuit. They can't hide away from the package travel regulations. They are the law!! They know this full well and are just relying on peoples ignorance about this. They make a lot of money in interest by holding your cash for 45-60 days. That interest should be your's and not their's!!!

I now see Carnival UK are making staff redundant in Southampton. This should sound alarm bells for those still awaiting refunds. It's highly unlikely they would become insolvent, but do you want to take that risk with your money?? A lot can happen in 60 days!!!

Any questions, I'm happy to help.

I hope this loooooong post gives some of you hope. Don't. Give. Up.

Edited by Confused.com
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Boztastic said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all keeping well,

Just wondering  has anyone received their refunds on a cheque? Our cruise was E006N and although we requested a refund in March and was told there was a technical problem resulting in delays , we were told the refund couldn't go back on our card (?) 

However reading about refunds on here P and O have been refunding on later dated cruises on cards ,but I haven't yet read people receiving cheques .

We received ours by BACS.

3 minutes ago, PandNo Refund said:

Are these refunds appearing overnight? Or just landing in the middle of the day, as and when processed by P&O?

Ours came overnight, I would guess that IT do a daily run to action all the refunds processed during the day pretty much like most employers do their salary runs.

Edited by Josy1953

21 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I don't understand that.  If you have a refund on your cc account, it sits there until you either transfer it to your bank or use it for other things.  Doesn't cost interest?

That's right, what I was trying to say is that you can't use the refund to offset an amount already due to be paid on the card.

For instance, say you were due back £3000 from P&O (or the TA) on to your card.  You go on to use your card for other purchases (say £300) and they send you the statement as normal, asking for £300 to avoid paying interest by the statement due date.

If, after that happens, you receive your £3000 from P&O (or TA), you still need to pay that £300, even though it will appear that you have a credit of £2700.  If you don't, you will be charged initial and trailing interest on the £300.

This all assumes that you have a balance due to be paid before the refund comes through.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PandNo Refund said:

Are these refunds appearing overnight? Or just landing in the middle of the day, as and when processed by P&O?

Mine came through overnight.

Most time my balance changes sometimes between 2 and 4 in the morning - same happened here.  I assume that this is because they are using the slower BACS route - see comments earlier in the thread.

19 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I would agree. It seems to be quite random and nothing (or very little) to do with chasing them or otherwise.

I would also agree. Didn't chase just waited. As they say patience is ........annoying to others

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 9:51 AM, Vampiress88 said:

thank you 

yes ‭0800 052 3840‬ is the number I have always called. I got through in less than 3mins. 

She said my refund was processed on 13th. That it could take up to 5 working days to go into my credit card. She also explained that as We paid deposit then full then it will go back onto the two separate cards we used 

That is what happened to us the deposit went back to Credit Card the rest into bank. 

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh I see, yes that is correct.  Depending of course as to whether your statement has cut off.  If the refund comes in before your statement is issued, then it will cover whatever is on there.

No problem.  What initially threw me was that this was my scenario.  

When I saw the refund had gone in, my online banking then said £0 owed, whereas when I called them, they confirmed that this wasn't correct i.e. I still owe them as normal for this month's transactions.  Just didn't want anyone on here being caught out.

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Excellent... Really pleased for you. 

Just checked my card and guess what... 

NUFFING!!! 

Andy 

Likewise.

The team leader said 7 working days from last Monday which will take me to Wednesday which will be 68 days!!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Confused.com said:

All I can say is, good luck to you all in your refund pursuit. They can't hide away from the package travel regulations. They are the law!! They know this full well and are just relying on peoples ignorance about this.

I hope this loooooong post gives some of you hope. Don't. Give. Up.

Great post, and well done on achieving a timely result, pleased for you.  And, in fairness to P&O customer service, what seems to be a rare example of reasonable responsiveness to a valid customer complaint.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, piatro said:

cruise date 4 th april

refund requested 14 march

refund recd to credit card 16 may

Taken  to long and poor communication from P&O,

will not be cruising again until all the covid problems

are sorted and governments stop panicking and get their

acts together.

Good luck everyone stay safe we will overcome this.

Pleased for you.

Well I have news! I messaged P&O on Facebook and they answered asking for all my details. I replied but heard nothing since.

Ive just had a Facebook message from them saying they processed my refund on 14th May and I should see it shortly. As it’s going into my bank account I don’t normally receive anything at the weekend, I’ve looked and not there yet.

Interesting it can be seen on credit cards!

I asked for a refund on 16th March for 10th April cruise.

• Like 2