CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

6 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I don't know if you meant me, but I don't think that writing in at 45 days, reminding of what they said, would count as 'kicking up'. I was very polite if direct 😉.  I only didn't bother ringing because it was obvious from the many different things people were being told that it was likely a pointless exercise.  I have no illusions that Paul Ludlow would not see my letter, and in fact, have no way of knowing that it isn't still sitting in a pile somewhere!

I think it's particularly hard on the younger ones on here.  But then again, there's been at least one person reported as wanting her refund to help her family who had been furloughed.  

Really hope you get your refund very soon.-

we’ve ended up taking out our sharesave that was up in Feb. Not like we were going to get anything back on top of what we had put in and I feel better knowing I have money to hand just in case. 

really can’t be bothered to call them. But feel I must

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

we’ve ended up taking out our sharesave that was up in Feb. Not like we were going to get anything back on top of what we had put in and I feel better knowing I have money to hand just in case. 

Ring early,9.15 I believe they open.

I rang yesterday afternoon and took 75 minutes to get through.

10 hours ago, NoFlyGuy said:

I didn't say everything was ok. Still awaiting our refund, but quoting a sample of less than 200 when tens of thousands of cruise cabins has been affected, is hardly either helpful or representive.

I completely disagree. Yes, it’s a relatively small sample, but probably no less the number of different posters on this thread and my point was that it chimes exactly with the level of disappointment and frustration expressed on here and other social media channels. On that basis, and the fact that all those channels combined only have comments form a tiny proportion of the ‘tens of thousands of cruise cabins affected’, it was therefore entirely helpful and representative.

• Like 1

Congratulations to the couple of posters who have received refunds over the past day. Although the percentage of customers to receive refunds remains tiny (I’d guess at no more than 5%), the vast majority of those who have received funds have been chasing P&O for their money, understandably. As far as I can work out, the number of posters who have not chased P&O at all but have received refunds can be counted on less than the fingers of one hand. In other words, they still seem to be firefighting rather than managing a steady flow, as further evidenced by the fact that the refunds being paid aren’t following any other pattern, such as date of cruise or submission of refund request. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Congratulations to the couple of posters who have received refunds over the past day. Although the percentage of customers to receive refunds remains tiny (I’d guess at no more than 5%), the vast majority of those who have received funds have been chasing P&O for their money, understandably. As far as I can work out, the number of posters who have not chased P&O at all but have received refunds can be counted on less than the fingers of one hand. In other words, they still seem to be firefighting rather than managing a steady flow, as further evidenced by the fact that the refunds being paid aren’t following any other pattern, such as date of cruise or submission of refund request. 

My husband  only messaged P&O 2 weeks ago, and had an apology by return with the promise to look into the delay. We were very surprised on Wednesday when we got a message to say the payment had been proccessed on Tuesday. I hope P&O now have a better system in place for refunding everyone.

• Like 2

I am of course pleased for those who have received their refund. Looking at the dates of cancellation and cruise dates, it still appears the luck of the draw who gets theirs first. I cancelled on 14th March and cruise date was 27th March, so should have had the refund by now. 

I have made my mind up I will never cruise PandO again. It's not just the delay, but total disregard for there loyal customers. I first cruised with them 20 years ago  on the old Arcadia and have had many since. Who knows when it will be safe to cruise again, but when/if I can, there will be plenty of choice.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Use the free phone number 0800 0523840 so that you don't rack up a high phone bill if they keep you waiting.

4 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I would agree with that theory as I have now seen several people who both applied for and have cruise dates after mine receive their refund (and I’m glad for them that they have).

The whole process is chaotic and Paul Ludlow,s statement of 2 days ago is simply wrong as so many people are now at or over 60 days.

I am annoyed by P&O behaviour eg complete lack of communication. I have also become increasing irritated by the number of comments on social media from the P&O cheerleaders who seem to think that no one should have the temerity to want their money back in a reasonable timescale.

The P&O excuses are wearing very thin. Other major cruise lines have managed refunds in around 30 days with just as many cancellations.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Use the free phone number 0800 0523840 so that you don't rack up a high phone bill if they keep you waiting.

thank you 

yes ‭0800 052 3840‬ is the number I have always called. I got through in less than 3mins. 

She said my refund was processed on 13th. That it could take up to 5 working days to go into my credit card. She also explained that as We paid deposit then full then it will go back onto the two separate cards we used 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

thank you 

yes ‭0800 052 3840‬ is the number I have always called. I got through in less than 3mins. 

She said my refund was processed on 13th. That it could take up to 5 working days to go into my credit card. She also explained that as We paid deposit then full then it will go back onto the two separate cards we used 

Glad you will be getting you money back soon 😃

• Like 1

There are some very unhappy bunnies on the P&O twitter account which I’ve just read for the first time. They’re certainly not holding back with their views which are often met with a generic reply from P&O.

Just now, devonuk said:

There are some very unhappy bunnies on the P&O twitter account which I’ve just read for the first time. They’re certainly not holding back with their views which are often met with a generic reply from P&O.

I was one of them! Very vociferous on there. Still,  whether or not it worked I’m happy to have been paid out. Hoping that every one else gets their refunds soon. 

9 minutes ago, devonuk said:

Will they remain true to their words and not darken Carnival's door step ever again?  

35 minutes ago, Elaine0138 said:

My husband  only messaged P&O 2 weeks ago, and had an apology by return with the promise to look into the delay. We were very surprised on Wednesday when we got a message to say the payment had been proccessed on Tuesday. I hope P&O now have a better system in place for refunding everyone.

But the fact that your husband chased them, albeit just 2 weeks ago, proves my point. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not criticising those who chase one bit. They have every right to do so and P&O’s complete lack of communication (until this week, although I only read Paul Ludlows email on here, I have not received it directly) has caused them additional workload by giving people two options - sit it out and hope for the best (which results in a very very long wait) or chase them and, based on the evidence so far, get the refund sooner. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Will they remain true to their words and not darken Carnival's door step ever again?  

A difficult one that. Whilst I accept that Carnival must ultimately pull the strings I find it very strange that Princess got their act together very quickly and refunded me within 15 days and PANDO dragged their heels. It’s the 2nd time that I’ve had to threaten legal action against PANDO  and the last time I said never again but capitulated. This time never means never. But I’ve already got my next Princess cruise booked, a 21 nighter,  using future cruise credit that they gave me on cancellation in March

2 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Some will and some defiantly won’t.

It may mean that P&O are lower down the preference list which is now my position. Celebrity have treated me as a valued customer during this period, P&O have not so Celebrity will be the first choice. P&O may figure in as a late booking in early spring/ late autumn when the other companies leave the U.K.

I think it will have some impact on future business but then so will many other factors.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I would agree with that theory as I have now seen several people who both applied for and have cruise dates after mine receive their refund (and I’m glad for them that they have).

The whole process is chaotic and Paul Ludlow,s statement of 2 days ago is simply wrong as so many people are now at or over 60 days.

I am annoyed by P&O behaviour eg complete lack of communication. I have also become increasing irritated by the number of comments on social media from the P&O cheerleaders who seem to think that no one should have the temerity to want their money back in a reasonable timescale.

The P&O excuses are wearing very thin. Other major cruise lines have managed refunds in around 30 days with just as many cancellations.

Agree on all points. Also, I find it strange that, as someone who is waiting for several refunds, I haven’t received the message from Paul Ludlow. If I didn’t use this forum I would have been completely unaware of it. I don’t use other Social Media but have to warn you that we have a P&O apologist on this forum as well, being very dismissive of those of us unhappy at the current refund debacle as being “faux outrage”. Check out the “Has your attitude to P&O changed” thread.

13 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

In terms of the brands in the Carnival Group, then will we darken their door again?

Carnival - yes - newer ships

Princess - maybe - depends on itinerary

Costa - possibly - for a cheap and cheerful short break

Holland America - doubtful due to passenger demographics

Aida - no, as aimed at the German market

Seabourn - maybe if I win the lottery

P&O Australia - no as we don't live in Oz

Cunard - no, too formal for us

P&O UK - mmm, their customer service doesn't impress me

30 minutes ago, staygulf said:

I was one of them! Very vociferous on there. Still,  whether or not it worked I’m happy to have been paid out. Hoping that every one else gets their refunds soon. 

I guessed it was you when I read them 😃

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I cancelled on health reasons 16 March and still not got my refund, got a cancellation invoice

Michelle

Sounds like you may have booked with the same TA as me? Our cruise (due to depart 28th March) was cancelled on 16th March - still waiting.

19 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

But the fact that your husband chased them, albeit just 2 weeks ago, proves my point. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not criticising those who chase one bit. They have every right to do so and P&O’s complete lack of communication (until this week, although I only read Paul Ludlows email on here, I have not received it directly) has caused them additional workload by giving people two options - sit it out and hope for the best (which results in a very very long wait) or chase them and, based on the evidence so far, get the refund sooner. 

Sorry, I wish you were right. I have been chasing PandO for weeks. Phone, Fa......., Messenger, Email and still haven't had my refund after 62 days. 

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

Agree on all points. Also, I find it strange that, as someone who is waiting for several refunds, I haven’t received the message from Paul Ludlow. If I didn’t use this forum I would have been completely unaware of it. I don’t use other Social Media but have to warn you that we have a P&O apologist on this forum as well, being very dismissive of those of us unhappy at the current refund debacle as being “faux outrage”. Check out the “Has your attitude to P&O changed” thread.

Yes I’ve seen it and agreed with your post after it.

I am a strong believer that everyone is entitled to their opinion but I sometimes find them hard to comprehend. There is a smugness in some comments and total lack of empathy for the fact that some people have lost jobs, are furloughed etc and need to pay the mortgage (thankfully not me).

The other comment that really annoys me it the “you had paid the money anyway”. Yes people had and they expected to be wined and dined for 14 days on a ship,  now they have to pay for 2 weeks groceries, entertainment for the children etc and P&O have their money. Again the smug responses of the obviously well to do with no understanding that it may be an extra pressure on family finances - they don’t even consider that.

I am thankful that the worst this pandemic has meant for me is that I have several cancelled holidays but I am aware that other have much more to contend with.

• Like 2

I am still lurking as I am still awaiting more refunds for the shore excursions etc but as I wasn't aware that an additional submission had to be made (as a result of social media).

I'm pleased that there is a trickle of refunds, but agree it would appear that unless you have badgered P&O by either phone, email or letter, not much happens.

The lack of communication is one of the biggest issues for me.

Our friends who were supposed to be sailing with us on their very first cruise are perplexed by the amount of incorrect information and complete lack of communication from P&O.

They were considering the 125% FCC but were unaware that to get shore excursions back that another claim had to be submitted and when checking with P&O were first told to cancel in the personaliser (seeing the cruise was 27th March, that's no longer possible, then told to submit via the cruise cancellation link for a cash refund, finally being given the correct website to submit for pre paid items.

1 minute ago, bobstheboy said:

Sorry, I wish you were right. I have been chasing PandO for weeks. Phone, Fa......., Messenger, Email and still haven't had my refund after 62 days. 

Sorry to hear that. I’m certainly not suggesting that all those who have chased have received refunds, just that the majority of those who have been successful so far have, whereas hardly anyone who hasn’t chased has received a refund. Slightly different. 

• Like 1