CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

6 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Part of the 5pc club - the new exclusive P&O tier..

😂😂😂all his posts have been deleted now I think across his pages was he getting a bit of grief I wonder god forbid anybody slags of our glorious P&O 

50 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes mine is a TA as well.  Day 63 today.

No sign of Bacs which was approved on Monday.

Rang P&O and after 75 minutes got through.

Girl said nothing on file do you want to be escalated??

Finally found out the Bacs are taking up to 10 working days because of the number they are doing.🤔

62 days now so 10 working days from Monday 59 days + 14 days because they only work 5 days a week = potentially 73 days!!.

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

they don't even have my BACs details, so I am 63 days with nothing.

I share your pain - it's really poor how they can put out a message reassuring customers that they may wait for up to 60 days when they plainly know that the current waits are longer.

They would be best off just telling the truth and taking the flack once rather than each week when a new group of customers goes beyond the latest deadline.  

I'm currently being given the run-around. Our cruise was cancelled on 16th March (due to sail on 28th March). On the 21st I got an email from the large online cruise booking company (don't think i'm allowed to put company names on this forum) that we used to book our cruise with a cancellation invoice saying that they (i.e. the agent NOT P&O) would pay the refund in 8-10 weeks.

Yesterday I emailed our cruise consultant asking for an update on the payment situation but he is on furlough so it was forwarded to another agent. This evening I was sent an email from the other agent that said she had looked in to our booking and that the P&O will refund the money directly. This is completely contrary to what the cancellation invoice stated. 

I have had no communications from P&O at all about refunds. I'm beginning to think that the agent is trying to give me the runaround but I'm not sure who to go to next.

I guess I always have s75 with my credit card to fall back on but I've never done one of those before so not sure where to start - or even how long to give the agent/P&O to send me a refund before going down that route.

To be honest I'm really regretting going through an agent with my booking and I think that in future I will book direct - at least you only have one company to deal with.

• Like 2

Burgmeister. Similar story for a cruise the week prior to yours. My T.A today wasnt very helpful and said they could only trust P.O to do the refunds, although she said that p.o are to push the refund button tomorrow for the majority. So I have to wait till early next week to allow the  few days for transfer to card. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

Burgmeister. Similar story for a cruise the week prior to yours. My T.A today wasnt very helpful and said they could only trust P.O to do the refunds, although she said that p.o are to push the refund button tomorrow for the majority. So I have to wait till early next week to allow the  few days for transfer to card. 

What I don't understand is if they have requested the refund for me or if I now need to fill in the form on the P&O website and start the 60(+) day clock. The agent has been really poor with letting us know what is going on. I have used them before a couple of times but everything went well so they seemed good, once something goes wrong you really see what a company is worth and, to be honest, it isn't much!

If anyone asks me about cruise holidays (and they do at times) I'll definitely steer them away from this company

• Like 1

Hello Burgmeister,

As a straightforward explanation, if you paid by debit card you have to ask for a "chargeback" which is a scheme run by Visa or MasterCard (whichever shows on your card).  If you paid by credit card then you have additional legal protection (section 75) claim.  You can claim for the full value of your cruise under section 75 if you paid all, or any part of it by credit card.

To do this, you have to phone your credit card company and explain that P&O have not provided you with the cruise, and that they are not paying out as promised.  That's the breach of contract which triggers the legal protection.  There's no forms to fill in. 

Some people have reported being immediately reimbursed (the bank chases P&O instead taking the hassle off you), others (like me) may have to wait several weeks to have claims considered and processed.  Some people have been messed about / refused but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

You don't have to wait until you get fed up of waiting for P&O to go down one route (as they should have paid up in 2 weeks).  All you will need to do, if you do go via the bank and get a chargeback or section 75 is to let the bank know, so you don't get paid twice.  Generally speaking the bank may be keener on doing chargeback, but it makes no odds ultimately as long as you get paid 🙂

If you want "official" advice then if you type in the man's name (initials ML) in to a search engine then you will have all the help you need.  Good luck.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Burgmeister said:

What I don't understand is if they have requested the refund for me or if I now need to fill in the form on the P&O website and start the 60(+) day clock. The agent has been really poor with letting us know what is going on. I have used them before a couple of times but everything went well so they seemed good, once something goes wrong you really see what a company is worth and, to be honest, it isn't much!

If anyone asks me about cruise holidays (and they do at times) I'll definitely steer them away from this company

If it is the TA that think they are Eskimos I would ring P&O and ask whether your refund request has been received or if you need to fill in their online form to request a refund because if you haven't requested a refund they will automatically give you a FCC.  The Eskimos did not request my refund.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

If it is the TA that think they are Eskimos I would ring P&O and ask whether your refund request has been received or if you need to fill in their online form to request a refund because if you haven't requested a refund they will automatically give you a FCC.  The Eskimos did not request my refund.

Yes agree, you need to know if you are in the refund queue. 

Thanks for the advice No pager. Is there a time limit for applying for s75?

BTW, I knew who you meant by ML - I watched his show this evening.

Josy, it wasn't the eskimos it was the company that's name pretty much sums up what they sell

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

No sign of Bacs which was approved on Monday.

Rang P&O and after 75 minutes got through.

Girl said nothing on file do you want to be escalated??

Finally found out the Bacs are taking up to 10 working days because of the number they are doing.🤔

62 days now so 10 working days from Monday 59 days + 14 days because they only work 5 days a week = potentially 73 days!!.

You should perhaps mention that fact to Paul Ludlow, along with a copy of his statement yesterday saying they would be done in 60 days 😉

Well it’s not just here, Facecloth and Which? Magazine where P&O’s previously loyal customers are giving them a bashing. I just happened to look at TrustPilot and the last 36 reviews, bar none, have ALL been one star, with many saying that they would have given zero or even minus scores if they could! Overall, based on all reviews to date, they have now dropped to one and a half out of five. What a terrible fall from grace for a company that has previously traded on its great service levels. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Well it’s not just here, Facecloth and Which? Magazine where P&O’s previously loyal customers are giving them a bashing. I just happened to look at TrustPilot and the last 36 reviews, bar none, have ALL been one star, with many saying that they would have given zero or even minus scores if they could! Overall, based on all reviews to date, they have now dropped to one and a half out of five. What a terrible fall from grace for a company that has previously traded on its great service levels. 

I just had a look at Trust Pilot. True they got 1.5 stars but that was based on 194 reviews. Hardly a consensus. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Problem with a credit card chargeback for me, is that I paid the Travel Agent, so that's what appears on the credit card bill.  How can I do a chargeback on the TA when they sent the money to P&O?

The chargeback would be against your TA.

The Eskimo TA we used  have been useless.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Problem with a credit card chargeback for me, is that I paid the Travel Agent, so that's what appears on the credit card bill.  How can I do a chargeback on the TA when they sent the money to P&O?

You might want to speak to your bank and take advice if you continue to be given the run around about the cheque/Bacs. 

I can't be certain but the card company may support a chargeback (as opposed to a section 75 claim) against the travel agent, who you paid, and then it becomes their problem, not yours to be made good by P&O.  That may feel unfair, but I would say most TAs would understand in this scenario.

From recollection of your scenario, if you did that then you would be paid back whatever you paid to the TA, so avoiding you getting involved in any faff around who gets the commission.  Using third parties can make s75 trickier for legal reasons, but this is less problematic with chargeback; the bank/card company will probably support this as they carry no financial risk too.  Either way you get paid back.

I have to be honest and say I personally don't use TA so I may be wrong on the above (happy to be corrected by anyone else who has better knowledge or direct experience), but no harm in asking maybe?

I can say that a few years ago I did a chargeback for a different reason, nothing to do with travel and cruises.  Got my money back in three days.  Hope that helps 😊

This is the third time  that I have tried to post this,  and I apologise if this is a repeat.

A person on a different site has had a refund for the cancelled Iona maiden cruise.  

I am saying nothing more.