CLUB SUITES- NCL changing Minis?

Sand and Seas

I’ve been looking into another line and they have mini suites and club class mini suites. Their minis are larger than balconies and include a curtain between the sleeping area and sitting area and a tub with shower. Club class gives embarkation and debarkation perks like platinum, some wine and a separate area of the MDR with expanded menu options and no line. Oh, and fruit and/or canapés every night upon request. For the same price or less. Less now that NCL’s prices are going up.

3 hours ago, LisaandMike said:

I’ve been looking into another line and they have mini suites and club class mini suites. Their minis are larger than balconies and include a curtain between the sleeping area and sitting area and a tub with shower. Club class gives embarkation and debarkation perks like platinum, some wine and a separate area of the MDR with expanded menu options and no line. Oh, and fruit and/or canapés every night upon request. For the same price or less. Less now that NCL’s prices are going up.

Interesting....I do think giving them the name 'Club Balcony Suite' makes it sound like a special class.   

Your description of the other cruise line's 'Club' class does give a special level of extra service.

Not sure why they went to all the trouble to change the name given the seemingly small value to the added amenities.

Just seems more confusing than 'Mini-Suite' was.😕

19 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Interesting....I do think giving them the name 'Club Balcony Suite' makes it sound like a special class.   

Your description of the other cruise line's 'Club' class does give a special level of extra service.

Not sure why they went to all the trouble to change the name given the seemingly small value to the added amenities.

Just seems more confusing than 'Mini-Suite' was.😕

would love to see if Club Balcony Suite sold more cabins and at higher prices in 2021 than mini-suites did in 2019.

• 5 months later...

sorry for dig out this out threat.

i searched NCL website and found their official amenities.

Exclusive Mini-Suite / Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper
  • Room Service menus offering delicious options for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Coffee and tea set-up
  • TV, refrigerator, safe and hair dryer
  • Sitting area
  • Lower beds arranged as a queen-size bed

Added Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom
  • Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
  • Complimentary choice of one valet laundry or pressing service

8 hours ago, Sestar said:

Exclusive Mini-Suite / Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper
  • Room Service menus offering delicious options for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Coffee and tea set-up
  • TV, refrigerator, safe and hair dryer
  • Sitting area
  • Lower beds arranged as a queen-size bed

• Option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom
  • Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
  • Complimentary choice of one valet laundry or pressing service

Interesting, does this mean no fees for room service?

Room Service menus offering delicious options for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Found the email I received from NCL:

April 15, 2020

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION:

FLEET-WIDE STATEROOM RECATEGORIZATION

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners:
Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding stateroom category changes being made on our
ships fleet-wide.
To enhance our guest’s experience onboard, our Mini-Suite stateroom categories are being reintroduced as Club Balcony
suites and entitles our guests to some extra amenities, at no additional cost to your current reservation. Please note that
this change does not affect your current stateroom location or number.
Our Club Balcony suites will be available on the following ships and sail dates:
• Norwegian Encore: From August 30, 2020
• Norwegian Jewel: From September 14, 2020
• Norwegian Joy: From September 19, 2020
• Norwegian Sun: From October 3, 2020
• Norwegian Bliss and Breakaway: From October 4, 2020
• Norwegian Pearl: From October 10, 2020
• Norwegian Escape: From October 11, 2020
• Norwegian Gem: From October 30, 2020
• Norwegian Epic and Dawn: From November 8, 2020
• Norwegian Getaway: From November 12, 2020
• Norwegian Jade: From November 20, 2020
• Norwegian Star: From November 28, 2020
Our new Club Balcony suites will feature a variety of onboard amenities including:
• Ability to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining beginning at 125 days prior to sailing
• Delivery of a food and beverage amenity twice per sailing
• 1 laundry bag or pressing service per sailing
• 1 bottle of sparkling wine
We sincerely appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you aboard one of our beautiful ships for your
vacation at sea!
Sincerely,
Katty Byrd
Vice President Guest Services

Edited by kismet618

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

I am confused as to why a Club Suite would get a complimentary valet laundry or pressing service when apparently Haven suites don't, maybe I am wrong

I don't think Haven gets laundry service, however Platinum already gets a free bag of laundry so not much of a perk for us.  There are a lot of Platinum and Platinum Plus cruisers.  

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I don't think Haven gets laundry service, however Platinum already gets a free bag of laundry so not much of a perk for us.  There are a lot of Platinum and Platinum Plus cruisers.  

If you are in a Haven stateroom - odds are that you are already Platinum and then there is the $20 laundry bag deal

available to everyone on board on the designated date.

Wouldn't be surprised that in the near future Full suites will get the comp laundry deal - just not same day service

like the Platinum. Same day service not available on the designated bag deal day.

7 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

If you are in a Haven stateroom - odds are that you are already Platinum and then there is the $20 laundry bag deal

available to everyone on board on the designated date.

Wouldn't be surprised that in the near future Full suites will get the comp laundry deal - just not same day service

like the Platinum. Same day service not available on the designated bag deal day.

We are staying in our first Haven next December, we will be Silver and still a long way to go to get to Platinum.

A complimentary pressing service would have been a nice touch on boarding day given that they give it away on the lower priced Club Suites.

6 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

We are staying in our first Haven next December, we will be Silver and still a long way to go to get to Platinum.

A complimentary pressing service would have been a nice touch on boarding day given that they give it away on the lower priced Club Suites.

I agree a complimentary pressing service would be nice. In June the DS and DD and myself will be in a Club Balcony. We needed the extra room since we are all adults. We will enjoy the complimentary bag of laundry and with my Platinum it will be nice to have the ability to send two bags, at different times.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

no is not.

i am well aware of that. You're quoting a post that I made almost six months ago as a way to question something another poster said that I did not believe was accurate. There was subsequent discussion in several posts and the conclusion was indeed that the other poster was wrong.

On 9/30/2020 at 2:58 AM, SpainAlien said:

I 100% agree with you.  However, one way or another, you are still paying for it.   No one rides for free.   

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 10:02 PM, Sestar said:

I'm less than 100 days to sailing and it still says, "Not available to book." Maybe NCL is on the fence whether the cruise is a go or not? 😱

• 2 weeks later...

I’m surprised they are not extending the laundry benefit to Haven too. I’m not that high up on the loyalty list and still don’t have a free bag of laundry...seems strange lower level of stateroom gets a perk Haven does not?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

I’m surprised they are not extending the laundry benefit to Haven too. I’m not that high up on the loyalty list and still don’t have a free bag of laundry...seems strange lower level of stateroom gets a perk Haven does not?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You make an excellent point!

I think they give it 'free' to Platinum and now Club Balcony Suites as it really doesn't cost them anything extra.  Just  additional work for their hard-working laundry crew.    With the price of Haven Suites, they should add it in for you.

Edited by Sand and Seas

13 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

You make an excellent point!

I think they give it 'free' to Platinum and now Club Balcony Suites as it really doesn't cost them anything extra.  Just  additional work for their hard-working laundry crew.    With the price of Haven Suites, they should add it in for you.

I am going on my first transatlantic next year (I hope) and staying in the Haven.  I suppose they will offer the $20 bag of laundry special once?  Twice?  in the 15 day voyage...

I always thought it would be nice if they offered a free press for Haven guests and laundry.  It would be a benefit I would definitely take gladly, and I am sure many would use it. 

6 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

I am going on my first transatlantic next year (I hope) and staying in the Haven.  I suppose they will offer the $20 bag of laundry special once?  Twice?  in the 15 day voyage...

I always thought it would be nice if they offered a free press for Haven guests and laundry.  It would be a benefit I would definitely take gladly, and I am sure many would use it. 

On a 7 day cruise it is common for the bag laundry deal to be offered once usually on or after the hump (middle) day of the

cruise. On cruises of more days i.e. your 15 day - 2 offerings would be expected.

The more offerings and cruise days the less clothing required to pack in that fashionable steamer trunk.

In a real fix you can get laundry done anytime but at express pricing (not user friendly).

Don't forget the small items underwear and sox can be done in the cabin sink - just bring along a small vial of laundry soap

or a plastic baggy of powdered soap (use sparingly ships water doesn't have all the chemicals home water does).

Using the bag deal be creative in learning how to fully pack that laundry bag to get the best bang for the buck.

Avoid using the paper bags - hopefully NCL will have converted over to the reusable nylon bags fleet wide by now or

at least post covid 19.

Pay attention to the inventory of items going into the laundry bag -

AND after the return BEWARE the scratchy ID tags applied at the neck and waist of the garment !  

Edited by don't-use-real-name

8 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

I have to admit I was surprised to find that in addition to my Platinum bag, the offspring and I will also have a free bag which works out well for us. When I sail with the husband it is nice that we both have a free bag of laundry. I agree Haven guests should also be offered this rather nice perk. We are thinking about a transatlantic in 2022 and three bags of free laundry would be perfect for us.

2 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

On a 7 day cruise it is common for the bag laundry deal to be offered once usually on or after the hump (middle) day of the

cruise. On cruises of more days i.e. your 15 day - 2 offerings would be expected.

The more offerings and cruise days the less clothing required to pack in that fashionable steamer trunk.

In a real fix you can get laundry done anytime but at express pricing (not user friendly).

Don't forget the small items underwear and sox can be done in the cabin sink - just bring along a small vial of laundry soap

or a plastic baggy of powdered soap (use sparingly ships water doesn't have all the chemicals home water does).

Using the bag deal be creative in learning how to fully pack that laundry bag to get the best bang for the buck.

Avoid using the paper bags - hopefully NCL will have converted over to the reusable nylon bags fleet wide by now or

at least post covid 19.

Pay attention to the inventory of items going into the laundry bag -

AND after the return BEWARE the scratchy ID tags applied at the neck and waist of the garment !  

Great advice and a good reminder for cruisers. Thank goodness that even in our advancing senior years the husband can really wrap those garments tight in the laundry bag. 

On 10/12/2020 at 6:14 AM, Linda the Book Lover said:

I have to admit I was surprised to find that in addition to my Platinum bag, the offspring and I will also have a free bag which works out well for us. When I sail with the husband it is nice that we both have a free bag of laundry. I agree Haven guests should also be offered this rather nice perk. We are thinking about a transatlantic in 2022 and three bags of free laundry would be perfect for us.

My husband and I are both Platinum Plus and each receive 1 free bag.  We also found that on longer voyages to ask the Latitude host if they have added additional free bags for Platinum and above.  On our fated March 2, 2020 Spirit cruise of 21 days it was 3 bags per person.  You just need to ask if they have added extra free bags.  They don't advertise when they do.

3 hours ago, Kaitlyn2 said:

My husband and I are both Platinum Plus and each receive 1 free bag.  We also found that on longer voyages to ask the Latitude host if they have added additional free bags for Platinum and above.  On our fated March 2, 2020 Spirit cruise of 21 days it was 3 bags per person.  You just need to ask if they have added extra free bags.  They don't advertise when they do.

Wow that is great information. Thank you so much. 

Edited by Linda the Book Lover

The ships laundry operates 24/7/365 - take the Back Scene Tour and find out all about what goes on

with the laundry.

Pressing Dry Cleaning in addition to basic laundry at a premium fee - although pressing may be free

the first night of the cruise or the night of pictures taken with the Captain.

In a pinch NCL can do tailoring for ripped garments -

There is more to that laundry operation than simply sheets pillow cases table cloths and napkins.

The crew uniforms are taken care of too and the costumes of the stage acts.

You don't need to overpack and bring a whole wardrobe closet for your cruise.  

10 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

The ships laundry operates 24/7/365 - take the Back Scene Tour and find out all about what goes on

with the laundry.

Pressing Dry Cleaning in addition to basic laundry at a premium fee - although pressing may be free

the first night of the cruise or the night of pictures taken with the Captain.

In a pinch NCL can do tailoring for ripped garments -

There is more to that laundry operation than simply sheets pillow cases table cloths and napkins.

The crew uniforms are taken care of too and the costumes of the stage acts.

You don't need to overpack and bring a whole wardrobe closet for your cruise.  

If only I could erase my over-packing DNA from my system. You are so right though. Meanwhile back at the ranch, yes honey I do need 20 tops and 15 pairs of shoes for this cruise.  😁 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1