Now for something completely different

1 hour ago, Mareblu said:

It certainly fills the cafes.  Looks a beautiful day;  hope it continues for the weekend.  Our daughter is going down with her family.  We tend to visit during quieter times, these days.  How's your Kimberley cruise going?  I think the scenery would be spectacular.  

Broome today, fantastic so far,  swam with the whale sharks at Exmouth 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Battling on Linda, I go out a little, treatment is a pain, but will do it until I have had enough.  Moruya Hospital  Cancer Care Centre staff are brilliant, oncologists, nurses, admin.

Thanks for your concerns.

Keep on plugging on mate. I'll have a drink to your health on our cruise departing tomorrow. Maybe with Chilli who will also be on board. 

Our friends we are cruising with just got back from visiting their daughter down at Merimbula - she works at the airport down there.

Hope to get down the coast after Easter and maybe catch up.

Cheers, Neil & Tracey 

• Like 4

So we booked our airfare for the east coast Canada/New England cruise. We had asked for "Premium Economy" and when we looked at the actual booking it said "Business Class". Our agent had mentioned earlier that "Business Class" on the flight to Boston was more like Premium Economy. So i'm looking at the seat assignments and the Vancouver to Boston flight looked right but the Ottawa to Vancouver flight didn't seem right. I did a test booking through the Air Canada site and it turns out the flight from Ottawa is on a Boeing Dreamliner and we are in full blown business class. Complete with lay flat seats. I contacted our TA and she said "I got you a bit of an upgrade". We are quite excited to try this new luxury. Unfortunately it will probably result in reluctance to go back to "Premium Economy"

I see a very big airfare bill coming for when we finally do make our down under adventure.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

So we booked our airfare for the east coast Canada/New England cruise. We had asked for "Premium Economy" and when we looked at the actual booking it said "Business Class". Our agent had mentioned earlier that "Business Class" on the flight to Boston was more like Premium Economy. So i'm looking at the seat assignments and the Vancouver to Boston flight looked right but the Ottawa to Vancouver flight didn't seem right. I did a test booking through the Air Canada site and it turns out the flight from Ottawa is on a Boeing Dreamliner and we are in full blown business class. Complete with lay flat seats. I contacted our TA and she said "I got you a bit of an upgrade". We are quite excited to try this new luxury. Unfortunately it will probably result in reluctance to go back to "Premium Economy"

I see a very big airfare bill coming for when we finally do make our down under adventure.

What a fantastic TA.  Enjoy every minute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Enjoy your business class upgrade.  If you fly secondary airlines, business class is more affordable.  I see my favourite airlines, EVA Air flies to Vancouver, plus Brisbane, where I fly from.  You might be pleasantly surprised at the reasonable cost.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

So we have sorted most details for our great trip to our east coast. The hotels are booked, we will book the train from Montreal to Ottawa a little closer to the date.

Sometimes, for me, the planning and anticipation are the most exciting parts of the journey.  Your adventure will be wonderful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

So we have sorted most details for our great trip to our east coast. The hotels are booked, we will book the train from Montreal to Ottawa a little closer to the date.

Impressive that you have booked your hotel accommodation already.  You are going to have a wonderful time at each city.  I love all three, which have special memories. 

1 hour ago, Mareblu said:

Sometimes, for me, the planning and anticipation are the most exciting parts of the journey.  Your adventure will be wonderful.

I agree.  I just read an article in New York Times on 36 hours in London, with comments.  I was off planning my next visit to London!  

53 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

We certainly enjoyed all the planning we put into our down under adventures but alas they were both cancelled. Now we are looking at options for the another try but I think it may be a couple years off. Lynn's mom is at an assisted living facility but Lynn is not keen to be half way around the planet because of her. I am planning to retire in September of 2024 and we will be putting our house back up for sale probably in the fall, after we get back from the east coast trip. Then we will be planning the down under for the third time (3rd try lucky?)

Of course we have to make some plans for what we want to do in each place we visit. I know the JFK Library is definitely on the itinerary for Boston. I haven't really looked at it "excursions" offered but Lynn has mentioned a few things she might like.

On 3/12/2023 at 1:21 PM, Blackduck59 said:

Our cruise booking included specialty dining credits so we booked Pinnacle Grill for my birthday. It is the first day of the cruise and we booked a little later than we normally would. We don't want to miss sail away.

What a superb way to celebrate your birthday and begin your exciting cruise adventure

48 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Pity Donegans sold, great St Pats days there, Linda.☘️

Couldn’t agree more, Les…to be sure☘️
our youngest granddaughter has been an Irish dancer for 11 years, since she was 3.  Yesterday, her teacher, and owner of the Irish dance school, surprisingly gave birth a few weeks early to healthy twin girls, on St Patrick’s Day.  Two pots of gold💚💚

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2023 at 5:42 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

We'll be in Eden 30th March on Grand Princess. If it coincides with your trip there we'd love to catch up with you for a coffee or lunch.

Julie if you are tuning in, My apologies, I won't be able to see you at Eden next week. Having some rugged days, forget about moving forward, I am moving backwards !  Enjoy Eden.

29 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Julie if you are tuning in, My apologies, I won't be able to see you at Eden next week. Having some rugged days, forget about moving forward, I am moving backwards !  Enjoy Eden.

No worries, Les. Sorry to hear things are a bit rugged for you at the moment. Take care.  {{{{{Hugs}}}}} 😘

• Like 4

On 3/18/2023 at 5:37 PM, Blackduck59 said:

@lyndarra Hey Lyndon, have you firmed up your pre and post cruise for your Alaska adventure? it would be cool to get together if your schedule permits. Let me know what's up, we would meet you in Vancouver if you aren't able to make it to the Island. Cheers, Lyle

So far, we arrive Vancouver (via LAX) 23.00 on 2/6. The original flight booking was to arrive mid morning but it kept changing. We booked QANTAS but will be flying AA then WS. Cruise departs Vancouver 4/6 so 3/6 may be a write-off overcoming jet lag after 17hrs flying.

I'll get back to you on our departure times.

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

I'm sorry to hear that you are unwell. Kind regards.🙂

• Like 3