Princess “Z” Ship. New sailing?

HBCcruiser

12 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

So I WAS able to change my dining time and made the beds twin. I’m looking for a cabin mate. Who’s in? Must love Crooners, dining, great wine and the Sanctuary or adult only areas. 

F4DD5799-1FE6-4B6F-B5F9-2DF18CC43F32.jpeg

Does Z ship have barrel chairs and accept New Grounds coffee cards?  😜

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Hey Tiffany, We are going to book the Suite next to yours so we can have connecting balconies for pre-dinner cocktails and then head straight to Crooners for more drinks. LOL🥂🤩🍸🍾

Joe

Hi Joe! How are you guys? Absolutely! THAT would  be a party!🥳🍹🥂

Such a bummer having to cancel a couple of cruises. Our next one is scheduled on NCL for July 4, 2020. Crossing our fingers...🤞🤞

15 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Look at the top of the itinerary- 0 formal nights! Bummer, I think I’ll dress up anyway! 🥳

Uh Oh!  It also says 0 Smart Casual nights as well.  You may want to make sure this cruise isn't a charter from the International Nudist Foundation!  😂

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

🧐Hmmm... could be!  I had a B2B cancelled so 2 cruises total or 14 days. I HAVE rebooked the same cruise(s) for next year and have NOT received any Future Cruise Credit yet. The amount they are showing In the “Z” Travel Summary is WAY below what our FCC should be though. My guess is they are still working through all of these refunds. I feel for the Princess staff. What a nightmare far ALL involved. 

Remember that the FCC is for cruise fare only, no taxes, port fees, or Insurance.  You might think that it is too if you are comparing the FCC to what you actually paid.

13 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Remember that the FCC is for cruise fare only, no taxes, port fees, or Insurance.  You might think that it is too if you are comparing the FCC to what you actually paid.

There is a TA chart floating around that indicates that it will be included in the FCC. Not sure how true this is. It is posted on another thread.

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

There is a TA chart floating around that indicates that it will be included in the FCC. Not sure how true this is. It is posted on another thread.

I saw that chart, wasn't it more of a "hold" than FCC.  I think that the FCC will be based on the cruise price only.  That is for now, or maybe I should say then.  By the time I finish typing it may be different again. 😁

Just now, 2 cruises a year said:

I saw that chart, wasn't it more of a "hold" than FCC.  I think that the FCC will be based on the cruise price only.  That is for now, or maybe I should say then.  By the time I finish typing it may be different again. 😁

Clear as mud 🙂

23 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Hi Joe! How are you guys? Absolutely! THAT would  be a party!🥳🍹🥂

Such a bummer having to cancel a couple of cruises. Our next one is scheduled on NCL for July 4, 2020. Crossing our fingers...🤞🤞

We are doing good. Definite bummer. Had our May & August cruises cancelled by Princess. Going to make for a long summer.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 6:38 PM, yoyosma said:

A few years ago I took a move over offer that I didn't rebook right away because I wasn't sure when we could go.  There was a z ship cruise in my personalizer, kind of a place holding cruise until I did book the move over cruise.  So this is probably a placeholder for a cancelled cruise due to corona virus, maybe?  Does the information regarding cabin category, cruise length, etc match a cancelled cruise?

It is absolutely a placeholder for a cruise.  I currently have one in my personalizer for a move over offer that was just canceled.  

On 4/18/2020 at 9:18 AM, Daniel A said:

Uh Oh!  It also says 0 Smart Casual nights as well.  You may want to make sure this cruise isn't a charter from the International Nudist Foundation!  😂

Could be worse. It could be a "Nude, Bagpipes, Bears" cruise. 😜

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Could be worse. It could be a "Nude, Bagpipes, Bears" cruise. 😜

Who is nude in this scenario . . . the bears or the bagpipes? 

I was going to google "nude bagpipes" in the hope of finding an amusing photo but then I remembered that during Work From Home, I'm using a loaner laptop from the University Provost and I'm not sure I want him to find that on the search history . . .

Edited by rdsqrl
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rdsqrl said:

Who is nude in this scenario . . . the bears or the bagpipes? 

I was going to google "nude bagpipes" in the hope of finding an amusing photo but then I remembered that during Work From Home, I'm using a loaner laptop from the University Provost and I'm not sure I want him to find that on the search history . . .

The nude party is Chumley's Bears. A very large group of "mostly" very large men. They tend to take over the pool area and any other area they want to take over. Lots of stories here about cruises where the Bears were on the cruise. I'm not in favor of any group that takes over areas of the ship nor am I in favor of any group with lots of PDA - Public Displays of Affection.

Don't get me wrong. I live in California and have met and worked with (and partied with) many folks who are gay. My absolute favorite cousin is gay. My oldest son's best friend (who is also my doctor's brother-in-law) is bi. Some of the nicest folks I have met cruising are gay. (I have also met a couple of jerks cruising who were gay but that's just because they were jerks... I've met straight jerks as well.)  I don't have a problem with gay people. I don't like over-the-top PDA from any group nor do I like having large venues "taken over" by any group.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:48 PM, tntornadox said:

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I know it's been awhile so I think we are past due for this question....

Can I wear shorts into the MDR of the Z-Ship? 

image.png

I have the answer to this question 😳 Maybe yes or Maybe no , Sometime yes Sometimes no. It all depends on who? 🤷‍♂️.

BF473B7F-F5B9-4976-8444-2CC219171307.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

BF473B7F-F5B9-4976-8444-2CC219171307.jpeg

Tony, I could really use a nice glass of single malt. Do you mind if I help myself from the bar on the rowboat? You have such a well stocked bar... Actually I'd even take a blend as long as it's JW Blue. For a blend it's pretty dang impressive.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Tony, I could really use a nice glass of single malt. Do you mind if I help myself from the bar on the rowboat? You have such a well stocked bar... Actually I'd even take a blend as long as it's JW Blue. For a blend it's pretty dang impressive.

Hi Thrak,

You can help your self to anything at the bar on the Rowboat. You will be very happy when you see what I have stocked. Your choice of JW Blue is one. 😁
I don’t think I will be taking any cruises for a while. I will be cruising on The Rowboat.
If you see me on The Rowboat you and your wife are welcome to come aboard.
I will be taking The Rowboat to Florida This year.

Tony

FB4C70AD-535F-4BB4-AAD8-B90DC292A250.jpeg

• Like 1

I had a z cruise show up in my personalizer tonight, as well. I had a cruise canceled I should be on right now and took FCC. I have a new booking to replace it  and z cruise showed up underneath. The money doesn't quite match what we paid, but at least something is showing up! I remembered seeing this post so knew we weren't the only ones. We are making progress. 

I checked our Princess account today and saw that the Z cruise had dropped off.  Then I noticed that the FCC was listed.  It was actually more than we were expecting.  Not sure why that is.  It may be recalculated at some point, but at least it is finally showing up.  However, we haven't yet received a credit for the port fees/taxes or the prepaid gratuities.