Rotterdam in Panama Canal 29 Jan

nowornever

We were on the Silver Shadow on an excursion from Colon & I took these photos while at the Miraflores Visitor Center. Our excursion stayed late just to watch you go through.  I thought anyone who was on that cruise might like them.  I'm so very sorry that your cruise or those who followed you, ended as it did.  My heart goes out to you.  We were quarantined in Recife but it was nothing like you all went through.  Just a horrid time for all of us.  Here's to better times ahead & fair winds to all.

IMG_2717.JPG

IMG_2720.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The people you saw on the Rotterdam were fortunate.  Their cruise ended uneventfully in early February and the Rotterdam had a couple of additional successful cruises after that one.  I think her final cruise started March 11 and ended March 14.

I was on QM2 and I think we both had pretty stressful endings to our cruises.

Roy

We were on this cruise and as Roy said we were lucky.  We made it to San Diego on February 8 without any problems.  In fact, we were on for 32 to days, round trip from San Diego without any major illness, even the usual ship crud.

OP,  you are probably in some of my pictures.  Thanks for posting the pictures.  It’s nice to see what we looked like from land.