Re Booking with FCC

vm6514

I booked my cruise directly myself. Now that RCC cancelled my cruise 

I  Going forward I would like to use an qualified travel agency, one that is
knowledgeable with Royal Caribbean re-booking FCC. My question is since the original booking was done by me can I now have
an travel agency help me re-book?  thank you

The FCC is attached to your account so the travel agent can look it up once it is issued.  You should also get an email with the FCC information.  Haven't gotten ours yet.  You can also book now pending the issue of the FCC.  Royal is booking without a deposit while the FCC is being processed.  Downside is you can't book anything in the Cruise Planner until you actually pay something for the new cruise.

Edited by LeeW
more

Just now, LeeW said:

The FCC is attached to your account so the travel agent can look it up once it is issued.  You should also get an email with the FCC.  Haven't gotten ours yet.

How do you do that.  I can only see FCC’s in Insight that were issued to clients that I had when the FCC’s were issued. 

You should get a certificate stating the amount of the credit for the cruise that was cancelled and it will have a document code .

This is all you or you agent needs. Then when booking a new cruise at the check out stage there should be a place to enter the certificate code.

FCC.JPG

• Thanks 1

I used credit from a canceled cruise earlier in the month for my August cruise. My credit was $1,373 a person for my wife and I. On the August cruise I owed $2,204.10. I went online and put my credit of $2,746 towards the cruise and later got these two receipts. I then checked online to see what my balance was and it said it was $132.32 instead of the $192.10 it said on the receipt, makes no sense!

Does this make sense to anyone? Has anyone had a similar experience when using their future cruise credit? 

Thank you

Receipt1.jpg

Receipt2.jpg

10 hours ago, Chrisb732 said:

Does this make sense to anyone? Has anyone had a similar experience when using their future cruise credit? 

You'll probably need to call RCI to make better sense of it.

Thank you all for help.  I got an agency and they booked my cruise.  I have a question . When I finally get my FCC,  who applies the  certificate to pay for the cruise. Does my agent do this, or do I?  Thanks again for all your help

FY....we never received our FCC email.  Coincidentally I called them yesterday to find the status having cancelled the cruise back on March 14

The RCL rep said our certificate was issued one week after we canceled and he told me the amounts we were expecting.   He didn’t know why I never received an email.   We asked for a confirmation email, which he could not do.  He said the notes under our reservation reflect the FCC and all we need to do when we re-book is give them our old reservation number 

we took down his name and made detailed notes of the conversation, but all in all, typical disorganized method as it has been with the entire cancellation process 

We received our FCC last night by email.  They came in two emails, one for me and one for my wife. Our TA was able to see it on his computer earlier in the day.  He applied the FCC to a future cruise we already had booked with him.  There will be a small amount remaining after that cruise and he will then apply the remaining balance to another cruise after that.  

I included a copy of my FCC for informational purposes.

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 9.43.12 AM.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, onthewater51 said:

FY....we never received our FCC email.  Coincidentally I called them yesterday to find the status having cancelled the cruise back on March 14

The RCL rep said our certificate was issued one week after we canceled and he told me the amounts we were expecting.   He didn’t know why I never received an email.   We asked for a confirmation email, which he could not do.  He said the notes under our reservation reflect the FCC and all we need to do when we re-book is give them our old reservation number.

we took down his name and made detailed notes of the conversation, but all in all, typical disorganized method as it has been with the entire cancellation process 

I've had no issues with calling in and having the FCC applied using the old reservation number.  Even though there is a FCC certificate number it is easier for them to use the old reservation number and they always ask for it instead of the certificate number.  As long as they confirmed that it has been processed you shouldn't have any issues.  I've had 3 processed in the past week.

@TennisCruiser62 they didn’t really have an explanation of why it happened. We had to talk to a few people to get it sorted out. If I could do it again I would just call to use my cruise credit instead of doing it online. I would also maybe try to get an idea of what the credit will pay for before I call. The credit was used for the cruise fare only. It wasn’t used to pay taxes or gratuities. The $1 and $2 charges were so the cruise still received crown and anchor points.   

On 4/29/2020 at 3:52 PM, LeeW said:

Royal is booking without a deposit while the FCC is being processed.  Downside is you can't book anything in the Cruise Planner until you actually pay something for the new cruise.

So let's say I roll with FCC but I invested over $7000 in this current cruise. What do you mean I have to actually pay something for the new cruise...??

2 hours ago, johnjen said:

So let's say I roll with FCC but I invested over $7000 in this current cruise. What do you mean I have to actually pay something for the new cruise...??

That would depend  on the amount of the FCC you receive and the price of the new cruise.

The minimum you would have to pay would be the taxes and fees as those were refunded from your previous cruise. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chrisb732 said:

@TennisCruiser62 they didn’t really have an explanation of why it happened. We had to talk to a few people to get it sorted out. If I could do it again I would just call to use my cruise credit instead of doing it online. I would also maybe try to get an idea of what the credit will pay for before I call. The credit was used for the cruise fare only. It wasn’t used to pay taxes or gratuities. The $1 and $2 charges were so the cruise still received crown and anchor points.   

Thanks for the explanation ChrisB. Good luck with future bookings and be safe!

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That would depend  on the amount of the FCC you receive and the price of the new cruise.

The minimum you would have to pay would be the taxes and fees as those were refunded from your previous cruise. 

Thanks so much for that explanation, makes better sense now.

Oddly enough, our cruise docs arrived today on our apps. But more weird, there is an indefinite ban on Americans traveling to Europe right now. The cruise is still on for June 22nd out of Amsterdam.

• Like 1