Time to move over

Grandma Cruising

Thanks Denise for all the hours you put in on this board and for your  skilled dealing with the diverse views and opinions posted here. 

Best wishes to you and Nick. Perhaps we'll meet again on Azamara .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laurieb said:

Thank you for all your hard work in keeping this board civil and enjoyable!  I'm so glad we got to meet you onboard the Journey last summer!  Happy sailing!!

It was lovely to meet you too. Thanks for your kind words.

57 minutes ago, helby said:

Thanks Denise for all the hours you put in on this board and for your  skilled dealing with the diverse views and opinions posted here. 

Best wishes to you and Nick. Perhaps we'll meet again on Azamara .

I hope so! Thanks.

On 4/30/2020 at 8:04 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

Just posting to let you all know that I’ve decided that now is the time for me to leave my role as the host of the Azamara forums. I’ve enjoyed the last 3 years looking after these boards, trying my best to provide help and information to fellow Azamara cruisers, but now feels like the right time to move over and let someone else take over.

I’d like to say thanks to all of you for your support and for all your contributions to the boards. I will, of course, continue as a member of cruise critic so you’ll still see my posts. I’ll also be happy to keep the Azamara Upgrades spreadsheet up to date if there are any new posts in the topic - although this may well have run its course!

Thank you so much for being with us all these years. You were very helpful at time and I enjoyed reading your posts. You were like the only reliable source of information about Azamara. I hope you wont be anywhere and stay with our community here. I hope operations will start soon so you will have thing to post about Azamara. Thank you very much once again 

• Like 1

As I posted above, I will miss @Grandma Cruising's input as Host on this forum – but it is good to see that she plans to remain active.

There is other sad news at Cruise Critic, which is that half the paid staff have been laid off.  This is especially sad for those of us who have worked with them and have seen how much they did 'behind the scenes,' but it will affect every aspect of Cruise Critic as there is no one to seamlessly step in and continue that work.

In an effort to help a little, I will try to keep an eye on this forum.  I have only taken two cruises on Azamara, although as I whittle down the cruise lines I follow Azamara remains on the short list and I look to book again whenever an itinerary fits my travel calendar.  I have much less knowledge about Azamara than GC, and of course none of her detailed knowledge about the UK perspective and experience.

The other great resource on this forum is Bonnie [@BBMacLaird]  None of the other forums I follow have an official presence, and Bonnie is not just a presence but a really valuable member.

I know that there is a great deal of anxiety and anger throughout Cruise Critic about the cancellation and refund process [on Azamara and all cruise lines].  Please remember that Cruise Critic is still [and with fewer Admins, more than ever] an old AOL chat room.  We are each expected to police ourselves to maintain a friendly atmosphere.  I have also added a Sticky with reminders about the Cruise Critic guidelines and expectations.

This has always been one of the most congenial of Cruise Critic forums, and I am sure that this friendly community will keep it that way.  I look forward to reading all the new posts, and hope that that is all I will need to do!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So sorry to hear that Jazzbeau.. perusing and posting on cruise critic was truly one of the highlights of my day.

It made the anticipation of an upcoming cruise or the savoring of a past one even nicer.

Hopefully the cruising world will be back on track soon.🙂

15 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

As I posted above, I will miss @Grandma Cruising's input as Host on this forum – but it is good to see that she plans to remain active.

There is other sad news at Cruise Critic, which is that half the paid staff have been laid off.  This is especially sad for those of us who have worked with them and have seen how much they did 'behind the scenes,' but it will affect every aspect of Cruise Critic as there is no one to seamlessly step in and continue that work.

In an effort to help a little, I will try to keep an eye on this forum.  I have only taken two cruises on Azamara, although as I whittle down the cruise lines I follow Azamara remains on the short list and I look to book again whenever an itinerary fits my travel calendar.  I have much less knowledge about Azamara than GC, and of course none of her detailed knowledge about the UK perspective and experience.

The other great resource on this forum is Bonnie [@BBMacLaird]  None of the other forums I follow have an official presence, and Bonnie is not just a presence but a really valuable member.

I know that there is a great deal of anxiety and anger throughout Cruise Critic about the cancellation and refund process [on Azamara and all cruise lines].  Please remember that Cruise Critic is still [and with fewer Admins, more than ever] an old AOL chat room.  We are each expected to police ourselves to maintain a friendly atmosphere.  I have also added a Sticky with reminders about the Cruise Critic guidelines and expectations.

This has always been one of the most congenial of Cruise Critic forums, and I am sure that this friendly community will keep it that way.  I look forward to reading all the new posts, and hope that that is all I will need to do!

Thank you Host Jazzbeau for offering to step in and help. Very kind of you. And sorry to hear about the furloughing of paid CC staff. Hope it will be a temporary measure. And yes, we are lucky to have Bonnie on our forum for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Grandma Cruising,

It has been particularly helpful to have had the UK input in your posts.

There is plenty of representation from the UK and Australia and Germany and the Netherlands and Norway and many others on this board. A truly international slant. It’s good to see and many posters here are very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the brand. 

Phil

• Like 3

1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

There is plenty of representation from the UK and Australia and Germany and the Netherlands and Norway and many others on this board. A truly international slant. It’s good to see and many posters here are very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the brand. 

Phil

Yes indeed.  On a personal note, I want to thank the [mainly] UK posters who educated me about Gin & Tonic.  I now have a good supply of Silent Pool gin and FeverTree elderflower tonic, which this lock-down is giving me plenty of opportunities to put to good use!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thank you for all the work you've put into the board, Denise!  Keeping up the threads for cabins, bids and general Azamara tips is quite a job and you performed it admirably!  Enjoy your CC "retirement" and just being a regular old poster  🙂

• Like 1

First, you are incredibly helpful to first time Azamara cruisers.  When I was on my cruise this past October, other passengers who don't even know said so many nice things about you when discussing how Cruise Critic has helped them on their cruise.  Of course, that says more about you as a person than your role as a moderator.  You always seem interested in helping people.  Thank you for all of your help.

• Like 1