passport delays for those cruising soon.

seaman11

2 minutes ago, kmob said:

We are still waiting for ours.  They showed they received ours 2/11/20 and

show in process on the website.   So we are at 11 weeks.

oh wow , for a simplle renewal?  smh  i know covid is going on but they werent efficient to begin with.   if they think im paying more money out of pocket to expedite an emergncy one they are out of their minds.  how long do they need? 6 months? and then tell us we have to have 6 months of validity? so we lose a year? 

4 minutes ago, kmob said:

Yes ours was a renewal.  

thank you for letting me know . good luck , hope you get it soon .   i have a feeling they stopped processing them only doing emergency ones but not telling us. 

• Like 1

Just how long the significant delays appear to be is helpful, thank you to those who shared when you submitted yours. I am at about 5 weeks waiting for a renewal. Mine expires in June so it was time to renew regardless of how long it takes. I do have a cruise in October; surely I'll get it back by then. Now whether the cruise will actually sail is another thing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

what if i want to fly somewhere in the meantime? maybe in june. 

It won't be Europe as most countries will still be shut down for the foreseeable future. Perhaps no  travel til next year even.  Most hotels are closed and people aren't allowed to travel.  We, here in the U.S., have been having it so easy as compared to Great Britain, Spain, Italy, Germany and Austria just to name a few destinations.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sauer-kraut said:

It won't be Europe as most countries will still be shut down for the foreseeable future. Perhaps no  travel til next year even.  Most hotels are closed and people aren't allowed to travel.  We, here in the U.S., have been having it so easy as compared to Great Britain, Spain, Italy, Germany and Austria just to name a few destinations.

could fly to the caribbean perhaps.  dominican republic or something. ,

4 hours ago, seaman11 said:

what if i want to fly somewhere in the meantime? maybe in june. 

The REAL ID program was also extended - I believe for one year !

Domestically your drivers license should work.

And agreed that normally you do not need the ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY HAFTA HAVE EXPEDITED SERVICE

unless your cruise was yesterday which was cancelled anyway !

I sent mine in in mid March and haven't gotten anything back. Part of me wonders if they aren't doing this on purpose to discourage international travel right now. Either way, I don't expect it to come back to me anytime soon and given the state of things I'm fine with that. 

11 hours ago, seaman11 said:

could fly to the caribbean perhaps.  dominican republic or something. ,

So if you considered flying why did you make this an NCL topic?  And how is that June cruise looking?  Do you really need to get out of the USA that bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pickle11 said:

So if you considered flying why did you make this an NCL topic?  And how is that June cruise looking?  Do you really need to get out of the USA that bad.

He just wants to stir the pot some more. 

No worries he finally relented and said if can't sail in June, he would sail in July. If not July then whenever cruises sail again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pickle11 said:

because i will be cruising eventually and need it.,  and i got a reponse from two others that are also waiting for it, so that was helpful., and your comment was not 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

because i will be cruising eventually and need it.,  and i got a reponse from two others that are also waiting for it, so that was helpful., and your comment was not 

My wife and I sent our passports in for renewal Feb 10th our check was cashed on the 24th. In March my wife went online to check the status, it said 8-12 weeks. She checked it last week and it still said 8-12 weeks.

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Laszlo said:

My wife and I sent our passports in for renewal he Feb 10th our check was cashed on the 24th. In March my wife went online to check the status, it said 8-12 weeks. She checked it last week and it still said 8-12 weeks.

yeah i see they have no problem cashing our checks. smh.  thanks .  i dont want things to open up and be stuck with no passport this summer.  they have no one coming in their offices you would think they would put a few ppl in seperate rooms to process the renewals.  

• Like 1