Cruise with confidence enhanced

3 minutes ago, firefox247 said:

Thanks.  I also have a cruise for June that I expect to be cancelled.  Does this mean I need to cancel it myself to get those benefits like Lift and Shift, or they will allow it if/when that sailing is cancelled?

You have to do the lift and shift before the sailing is cancelled is how I read it. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As long as you are before final payment then yes. 

and can that FCC be used for any cruise in 2021 or 2022? or is there an expiration date on it?

Edited by Jimbo

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Apply and  sail  by Dec 2021

and if I wait until it is canceled?  will that use by date be 6 months longer, like till March or April of 2022?  but if it's canceled, I will be able to get a full refund right? minus NFD, which will be an FCC?

Edited by Jimbo

So I don't see all the fine print yet.  Is "lift and shift" limited to bookings that have already been made?  Could I book a cheap cruise to Alaska for this July ($734) now, then call and "lift and shift" to July 2021 (1300+)? 

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

and if I wait until it is canceled?  will that use by date be 6 months longer, like till March or April of 2022?  but if it's canceled, I will be able to get a full refund right? minus NFD, which will be an FCC?

No telling if they will change the policy if they cancel the cruise now that they have released this. 

assuming that it stays the same then then yes you get a refund and have until April 2022 to use the FCC from your deposit 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 minutes ago, radarcruiser said:

So I don't see all the fine print yet.  Is "lift and shift" limited to bookings that have already been made?  Could I book a cheap cruise to Alaska for this July ($734) now, then call and "lift and shift" to July 2021 (1300+)? 

I believe it applies only to current bookings. 

39 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What do you mean you excuted it online? what did you do online? how can you do this without calling agent or RCL ?

Went to RCL's website, clicked on Cruise with Confidence, and there were two links - one to call them to cancel, and a second one to cancel online. We cancelled online.

"Need to change your cruise?

If you need to change or cancel your cruise, please contact us by phone or submit our online form to cancel your reservation, or call our Royal Customer Service Team (24 hours / 7 days a week) to change your ship and sail date: 800-256-6649. If you booked with a Travel Advisor, please contact them for assistance. Please know, hold times may be longer than expected. We appreciate your patience."

• Like 1

So it means that I can book a cruise with a good price for this year now. And later lift and shift to a cruise next year with this years good price? 

Edited by astangenes

4 minutes ago, astangenes said:

So it means that I can book a cruise with a good price for this year now. And later lift and shift to a cruise next year with this years good price? 

I believe that the Lift and shift only applies to cruises booked as of yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, astangenes said:

That's what I'm wondering as well, however it says "existing bookings", so I think we can only shift cruises already booked.

But theoretically I believe, if I have a cheap booking on Rhapsody for example this year on a 7 night Western Caribbean route, I could shift it to Oasis on a 7 night Western Caribbean sailing next year and only pay the Rhapsody price. Sweet deal if that's how it works.

Edited by CategoryQ

Just now, CategoryQ said:

That's what I'm wondering as well, however it says "existing bookings", so I think we can only shift cruises already booked.

But theoretically I believe, if I have a cheap booking on Rhapsody for example this year on a 7 night Western Caribbean route, I could shift it to Oasis on a 7 night Western Caribbean and only pay the Rhapsody price. Sweet deal if that's how it works.

Yes you can change ships.  They gave an example of switching from explorer to Harmony. 

2 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

This is great news. I have a great deal on a loft suite for September which I was going to cancel before final. This new policy should allow me to move it to 2021 at the same price?  

Absolutely.  Within a 4 week time period of the original cruise. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Hi Ken,

We are booked on an 8 day New Years Eve cruise in an interior on the Empress this December - Eastern but a unique itinerary that includes Puerto Plata and St. Croix.  Are we limited to Lift and Shift to another 8 day cruise?  Would another Eastern itinerary fulfill that requirement?  Could we possibly move to an Oasis class in an inside New Years 2021/22?

Thanks for being such a great source of information.

Sorry if this has been asked & answered.  I looked through but sometimes I miss things 

We have an Oct 2020 sailing with final payment due in July.  If we opt to lift & shift to Oct 2021, do we have until next year to pay or does the final payment of July 2020 still apply?

3 minutes ago, CruisinCanuck63 said:

Hi Ken,

We are booked on an 8 day New Years Eve cruise in an interior on the Empress this December - Eastern but a unique itinerary that includes Puerto Plata and St. Croix.  Are we limited to Lift and Shift to another 8 day cruise?  Would another Eastern itinerary fulfill that requirement?  Could we possibly move to an Oasis class in an inside New Years 2021/22?

Thanks for being such a great source of information.

Has to be an 8 day Caribbean cruise. 

2 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Sorry if this has been asked & answered.  I looked through but sometimes I miss things 

We have an Oct 2020 sailing with final payment due in July.  If we opt to lift & shift to Oct 2021, do we have until next year to pay or does the final payment of July 2020 still apply?

Final payment is next year. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I believe that the Lift and shift only applies to cruises booked as of yesterday. 

Not sure if this is relevant, but their website says existing bookings and new bookings made before August 1, 2020

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not sure if this is relevant, but their website says existing bookings and new bookings made before August 1, 2020

Is that for Lift or only for the cruise with confidence and price match portion.  

I found it vague and have it down to ask on the webinar today.  

37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

First I’ve heard of that but it would be a guarantee in the same category. 

thanks for the update 

I wonder how this works if you have connecting rooms booked.  I’m interested but currently have connecting ocean view with large balconies, would be concerned to go into a guarantee pool since we need the connecting rooms for young-ish kids.