Cruise with confidence enhanced

Okay, here's a  problem with the "lift and shift" program. The Symphony of the Seas itinerary(ports) has changed from this year to 2021.  It's still a 7 day Caribbbean itinerary, RC has changed the ports:( So does this mean we can't use lift and shift for Sept. 2021?

Thank you so much for helping us and answering our questions:)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cube1982 said:

To quote the release: To be eligible, the reservation must be an active booking (not previously cancelled) with no other cancellation offers previously accepted....i think this is referring to previously canceled cruises. I think this policy may be the new offering for UPCOMING cancellations too......100% refund/ 125FCC/ and now Lift and shift you pick which is best.  Check out the FAQ i attached

FAQ.pdf 632.74 kB · 1 download

Yes it is referring to previously cancelled cruises. 

Just now, ptf2009 said:

Okay, here's a  problem with the "lift and shift" program. The Symphony of the Seas itinerary(ports) has changed from this year to 2021.  It's still a 7 day Caribbbean itinerary, RC has changed the ports:( So does this mean we can't use lift and shift for Sept. 2021?

Thank you so much for helping us and answering our questions:)

Ports don’t matter.  As longs as it’s Caribbean. 

7 minutes ago, Lmm79 said:

anyone successfully shift a holiday cruise to another holiday week?  Any thoughts on protecting our room type?

I would think you could switch to next Thanksgiving week if you can find your same 2BR suite available on any of the ships sailing the Caribbean.

Edited by AshleyDillo

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes it is referring to previously cancelled cruises. 

My worry is about upcoming possible cancellations. Like do i have to choose the lift and shift before my july 25th sailing gets cancelled by royal or can i wait and then have the choice? the release doesn't clarify that particular question

Edited by cube1982

5 minutes ago, cube1982 said:

My worry is about upcoming possible cancellations. Like do i have to choose the lift and shift before my july 25th sailing gets cancelled by royal or can i wait and then have the choice? the release doesn't clarify that particular question

I asked that and it wasn’t answered. 

it would be nice for the next round of cancellations if we had 3 options

1. cash refund

2. 125% FCC

3. Lift and shift. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Has anyone confirmed that this has to be a booked cruise that was booked yesterday at the latest?

CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE ENHANCED

FAQS

32. If my client booked prior to August 1, 2020, is he/she eligible to Lift & Shift at any point prior to

sailing?

Guests are eligible to rebook under the Lift & Shift guidelines between now and August 1, 2020. After

this point, Lift & Shift expires and is no longer eligible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:
  • An enhanced & extended Cruise with Confidence policy that provides the reassurance your clients need to stick with us — through the current environment and beyond! 
    • Now, even more flexibility! Cruise with Confidence has been extended to allow cancellations up to 48-hours prior to sailing in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit on sailings through April 2022 for bookings made on-or-before August 1, 2020!

PLUS...

• NEW! Introducing Lift & Shift for your clients simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year, protecting their original price and promotion. Simply select a qualifying sailing in the future, give us a call, and we'll handle the rest!    
    • NEW! Book on-or-before August 1, 2020 and take advantage of our Best Price Guarantee up to 48-hours prior to sailing, ensuring that your clients are getting the best deal!   

I apologize if this has been asked already. I tried to read through all the questions asked and didn’t see it. 

So I could reschedule my July 2020 cruise to the same cruise in July 2021 for the same price under Lift and Shift? Does it say anything to what would happen to the air2sea portion of your reservation (if you had one)?

We were originally just going to rebook with the FCC (if/when we get cancelled), but it’s almost $2,000 more than what we paid for this year for the same cruise next year. So the Lift and Shift would be awesome. But worried about our air2sea part of the reservation. Would it be refunded back to us since flights are not Available those dates yet?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by BrandFam4

I wonder if RC will send out emails for L&S like they did for Cruise with Confidence?

I would like to know what applicable L&S itineraries we can switch to?  Because there aren't any (Brilliance, Amsterdam Iceland and Norway Aug 9)

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I asked that and it wasn’t answered. 

it would be nice fir the next round of cancellations if we had 3 options

1. cash refund

2. 125% FCC

3. Lift and shift. 

yes it would. maybe ill wait a day or two before i decide.....maybe some more info will be released

4 minutes ago, BrandFam4 said:

I apologize if this has been asked already. I tried to read through all the questions asked and didn’t see it. 

So I could reschedule my July 2020 cruise to the same cruise in July 2021? Does it say anything to what would happen to the air2sea portion of your reservation (if you had one)?

We were originally just going to rebook with the FCC (if/when we get cancelled), but it’s almost $2,000 more than what we paid for this year for the same cruise next year. So the Lift and Shift would be awesome. But worried about our air2sea part of the reservation. Would it be refunded back to us since flights are not Available those dates yet?

Thank you in advance!

If you booked refundable air regular change fees apply.  If you booked non refundable air then you are referred to the airline. 

10. Will my client’s air change fees be protected?
If your client booked refundable air accommodations through Royal Caribbean, change fees may be incurred and are the guest’s responsibility. If your client selected a non-refundable air option through Royal Caribbean or air accommodations on their own, please reach out to the air carrier directly for further assistance.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, livylotte said:

I wonder if RC will send out emails for L&S like they did for Cruise with Confidence?

I would like to know what applicable L&S itineraries we can switch to?  Because there aren't any (Brilliance, Amsterdam Iceland and Norway Aug 9)

Call to find out if there are any applicable itineraries.  Some itineraries are going to be tough to match and they may have some leeway. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is absolutely a hard rule. They gave as an example of moving a  to a 3 day and it is not allowed. 

you can call and try since it’s a holiday cruise.  Maybe they will make an exception 

I know you say the number of days is a hard rule. We currently have a Vancouver to Hawaii 11 night booked for Sept 2020. The ONLY Vancouver to Hawaii route currently offered in Sept 2021, or the 4 week window, is a 10 night cruise. Do you think they would honor that switch? 

1 minute ago, kastke said:

I know you say the number of days is a hard rule. We currently have a Vancouver to Hawaii 11 night booked for Sept 2020. The ONLY Vancouver to Hawaii route currently offered in Sept 2021, or the 4 week window, is a 10 night cruise. Do you think they would honor that switch? 

All you can do is call, I don’t know the answer to that one.  

• Like 1

Be VERY careful making any moves with these programs being proceeded by RCCL.   My wife and I have been "royally screwed" by this company under their earlier cancellation initiatives.  They have everything thought out - and their customers become their victims.  We are livid at the way they have responded to our circumstances - essentially caused by, and orchestrated by them.   They have screwed us, plain and simple.  We are both D+ but it doesnt matter to them

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ports don’t matter.  As longs as it’s Caribbean. 

Do you know what Brilliance from Amsterdam to Iceland would be classed as?

Europe? Northern Europe? Baltics? 

Editing to say, thanks Ken I see you already answered.  Yes, I will give them a call.

Edited by livylotte
  • Like 1

Anyone have any idea how this would work? 

Our Alaskan cruise in August is paid off via a future cruse credit, and there was about $1,000 left. My understanding is once we sailed, we'd get the remainder in another FCC. With us potentially moving the August Alaska cruise to August of next year, that cruise happens after our March 2021 cruise which I was going to use the remainder. Any idea if I'd have to ability to "take back" the FCC, use it to pay off the March cruise? Not sure.. 

16 minutes ago, cruiserRay55 said:

CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE ENHANCED

FAQS

32. If my client booked prior to August 1, 2020, is he/she eligible to Lift & Shift at any point prior to

sailing?

Guests are eligible to rebook under the Lift & Shift guidelines between now and August 1, 2020. After

this point, Lift & Shift expires and is no longer eligible.

What if they booked after today?  Can they still lift and shift prior to August 1?

15 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Do you know what Brilliance from Amsterdam to Iceland would be classed as?

Europe? Northern Europe? Baltics? 

Editing to say, thanks Ken I see you already answered.  Yes, I will give them a call.

Transatlantic

Sorry - didn't read carefully! Thought you meant the very popular fall Transatlantic. I'd call it Northern Europe.

Edited by NancyIL

One more question....we are in an 8D category, but I don't find that category on any of the Caribbean itineraries on Symphony of the Seas for 2021. So does the lift and shift program have to be the exact same category or can it just be an OVB? I see lots of 4D's available.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not inless September comes before August on your calendar? Can I cancel now for a full refund?

Jimbo, I just got off the phone with my travel agency, cancelling my 11/28/20 cruise. 

The August 1st date is the book by date.

The only glitch to this wonderful policy is if you want to switch from a non-refundable deposit to a refundable, you have to cancel, get an FCC for your non-refundable deposit, and then book the new cruise with a new refundable deposit.

8 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Anyone have any idea how this would work? 

Our Alaskan cruise in August is paid off via a future cruse credit, and there was about $1,000 left. My understanding is once we sailed, we'd get the remainder in another FCC. With us potentially moving the August Alaska cruise to August of next year, that cruise happens after our March 2021 cruise which I was going to use the remainder. Any idea if I'd have to ability to "take back" the FCC, use it to pay off the March cruise? Not sure.. 

You could take back the FCC and then apply t to the earlier cruise