Cruise with confidence enhanced

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sounds like no plan to refund our deposit for Oct 25 Allure? 

The only way there has ever been to get a refund is to have the cruise cancelled by Royal.  At least now you can either move it or get all of your deposit returned as a FCC with no penalty.

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Only means there won't be many price drops, because they aren't going to fill the ships to the max anyway. If they are willing to sail 25%to 50% full, they have a plan, they know they will set price and that will be it.

So far all Cruises I'm looking at Spring-Winter2021 rates still low, some lower then this yrs before crisis. Received 8 drops last 5weeks over $4000. This inc one few days ago of $550 on a July2021 Summer sailing. That one surprised me... If they can fill them I see capacity 50% min a sailing, much less or 25% they might well not sail. Experienced 15-20%+ empty "Cabins" Post 9/11-Anthrax scare, that lasted almost yr. Most Solo Cruisers I'd ever seen  up til then. Think rates stay relatively low to average. People afraid to Cruise one thing, if Cruise Lines keep the Dr release for while that will keep numbers down

Edited by ONECRUISER

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Wow that makes for a remarkably flexible booking process.  With these policies, I bet the split between RD and NRD just got smaller.

I just priced a cruise that I have booked for next January. I paid over $200 for a refundable deposit. Today it is $92. I would have cancelled and rebooked but with price increases I would have ended up paying more on the bottom line.

@Ourusualbeach, does the 48 hr price guarentee apply to a cruise booked last February for next January or only to cruises booked after the new policy went into effect? If that is the case it probably would be better for me to cancel and rebook as it would only cost me a little bit more right now but would provide me with much more flexibility.

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I just priced a cruise that I have booked for next January. I paid over $200 for a refundable deposit. Today it is $92. I would have cancelled and rebooked but with price increases I would have ended up paying more on the bottom line.

I guess you really want to get your point across. 😇

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only way there has ever been to get a refund is to have the cruise cancelled by Royal.  At least now you can either move it or get all of your deposit returned as a FCC with no penalty.

This cruise is out of Barcelona and not the Caribbean. How does new CWC apply to this. 

15 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

A head's up, we are considering the lift & shift for our 10/2020 cruise. We are currently OVB 8D and all I saw was 4D. She and supervisor weren't sure if categories had been recategorized and also wasn't aware of the 4 week b/4, after timeframe to rebook.  Asked me to screenshot it from RC website & send to them lol.  Sure no prob, am I now on RC's payroll 😂.  If we decide to lift & shift me thinks it's gonna entail a bottle of something stronger than beer next to me to get through the process.  🤣

I guess I wasn't content with the lift and switch I did this morning that required a 75-minute phone call, but had a positive result.  I just had to do it again for a second cruise.  The first CSR I spoke to told me that lift and switch could only be done for cruises sailing before August 1, so I thanked him, hung up, and tried again.  I have been on the phone with a different CSR in a different country for 55 minutes so far and am still waiting for the supervisor to talk to the him.  There was a lot of supervisor contact this morning, also.  I don't believe the CSRs can handle this process on their own today, and wish I had waited until they are more familiar with the process.  At least the second time I knew to stop in the bathroom on my way to my desk 😄

• Haha 1

Have now cancelled three cruises in October and January - good to get some FCC to use towards late 2021 cruise(s). Have one October 2020 cruise I've not cancelled yet.... holding out to see if it happens in a way that would make it enjoyable (so if masks are required that's a no). 90% sure we'll end up cancelling it too, which means next cruise will likely be October 2021.... seems weird to have such a long wait to the next cruise!

Edited by beardedladies

27 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

A head's up, we are considering the lift & shift for our 10/2020 cruise. We are currently OVB 8D and all I saw was 4D. She and supervisor weren't sure if categories had been recategorized and also wasn't aware of the 4 week b/4, after timeframe to rebook.  Asked me to screenshot it from RC website & send to them lol.  Sure no prob, am I now on RC's payroll 😂.  If we decide to lift & shift me thinks it's gonna entail a bottle of something stronger than beer next to me to get through the process.  🤣

It does appear they did that.  My cabin was an 8D for this August 2020 and for August 2021 it is a 4D

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Or booked with a refundable deposit.

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This cruise is out of Barcelona and not the Caribbean. How does new CWC apply to this. 

All sailings regardless of itinerary until April 2022 are covered under CWC if you want to cancel and get a FCC.

If you used lift and shift you would have to apply it to a similar itinerary next year.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They shift the deposit.  Nothing else required

I am thrilled.  Found the exact cruise for exactly 1 year from my Nov. cruise.  I was just going to lose my NRD.  

You are the BOMB for lifting our spirits like this!

Thank you!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I guess I wasn't content with the lift and switch I did this morning that required a 75-minute phone call, but had a positive result.  I just had to do it again for a second cruise.  The first CSR I spoke to told me that lift and switch could only be done for cruises sailing before August 1, so I thanked him, hung up, and tried again.  I have been on the phone with a different CSR in a different country for 55 minutes so far and am still waiting for the supervisor to talk to the him.  There was a lot of supervisor contact this morning, also.  I don't believe the CSRs can handle this process on their own today, and wish I had waited until they are more familiar with the process.  At least the second time I knew to stop in the bathroom on my way to my desk 😄

I believe that in every case it will need to go to a supervisor to process

10 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Agree, even with old Office new options never 100% in understanding. Been lucky with my experiences  now at 10 Calls in last 5 weeks including 2 last week. Took 1-2 min get a person, got what wanted(usually a reduction) and off in 5-15min

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All sailings regardless of itinerary until April 2022 are covered under CWC if you want to cancel and get a FCC.

If you used lift and shift you would have to apply it to a similar itinerary next year.

We booked this cruise online  some time ago. If we L&S or transfer FCC to another cruise, could we transfer to a good TA?  😇

Asking for me

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

We booked this cruise online  some time ago. If we L&S or transfer FCC to another cruise, could we transfer to a good TA?  😇

Asking for me

Unfortunately with the lift and shift you can't as it still has the same reservation number and original booking date.

With an FCC you can as that is a new booking.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Asking for me

Well, that's a new one.😉😇

• Haha 3