FCC / Cruise With Confidence

Pickels

Can't get a straight answer from Celebrity, so, I'll present my question here knowing there are fellow cruisers who may have obtain accurate info...

I have a voucher for a future cruise resulting from our cancellation of a cruise; the expiration date is December, 2021. Question:  Can I use the voucher for a cruise in 2022 if I make the reservation before December, 2021?  Thank you.  Have a great day, be well, be safe.

Website says

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/frequently-asked-questions

How long will I have to redeem my Future Cruise Credit?

FCCs issued under the new Cruise with Confidence program must be redeemed by December 31, 2021 or 12 months from the original sail date (whichever is longer) and can be used on sailings departing on or before May 4, 2022. Please note that Cruise with Confidence FCCs cannot be redeemed on the sailing where it was previously issued. Only future sail dates qualify for FCC redemption.

I received a FCC for a cancelled December 2020 cruise.  The cancellation was not covered under any of the cruise with confidence policies; it was a standard cancellation of a cruise with a NRD.  The FCC stated it had to be used on a cruise sailing before 3/16/21 but they applied it to our 8/27/21 cruise.  I don't know if this mimics your situation.

By expiration date, does it say book by or sail by?  If it is book by you're good to go in 2022. 

I believe the covid related FCC's for CWC and Suspension have a bit tighter terms than the "standard" ones we have seen in the past.   I'd say it would be worth a try to assign it to a later date but there should be no problem for a sailing prior to May 4, 2022.

I got two different answers from Celebrity, one said it cannot be extended; another staff member didn't say that it can't; said she was going to check to see if it could.  It's very frustrating.  I'm trying to go this route because I was told no refund will be provided.  I've been very nice, [spent over two hours on the phone with Celebrity this morning], exercised a lot of patience; but it's going to get to the point where I'm going to have to escalate this  matter.

If you look at the expiration date it usually either says “sail by” or book by”.  If it’s book by then you’d be good to go for 2022 as long as you book the cruise by December 31, 2021. If it says sail by then you would have to ask for an extension to book something in 2022.  

34 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Initially the FCCs had to be used for sailing on or before 12 31 2021.  That was changed recently changed to booked by 12 31 2021sail  by 05 04 2022.

I'm hoping it gets extended even further because as time goes on I'm getting more concerned about cruising. Fear of this virus lasting into 2023 from reports I've heard. 

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

I got two different answers from Celebrity, one said it cannot be extended; another staff member didn't say that it can't; said she was going to check to see if it could.  It's very frustrating.  I'm trying to go this route because I was told no refund will be provided.  I've been very nice, [spent over two hours on the phone with Celebrity this morning], exercised a lot of patience; but it's going to get to the point where I'm going to have to escalate this  matter.

You are looking for the impossible as Cruise with Confidence rules have changed at least 3 times in 60 days.  You probably would get both a better deal and if you have your FCC, by getting a good TA.  Celebrity agents right now do not have anything more than you.  They are working from home with instructions that are not clear.

Call a TA and see if Celebrity will accept your FCC for your 2022 cruise of choice.

Us with FCC have until 31 Dec 2021 to book and use on sailings through 30 April 2022. Why is Celebrity putting a time limit. (Optimism All is going to be ok soon.) While I really dont have a problem with a FCC. Celebrity is making money on holding all our money. You would think the longer time would be better. Or is Celebrity thinking this will drive the prices up and guest will have to pay even more if they want to re cope their money. With Celebrity's Same Cruise Next Year, you have to book the same category. Inside cabins and suites are limited, driving the prices up for guest that dont want to book the same cruise or just book a cruise. Our May 2020 cruise was to leave from Dublin. Now it is leaving from Amsterdam in May 2021. (Optimism Is I love Amsterdam. I spent 63 day their back in the Jan 1990.)