IONA Arrival

poorer

30 minutes ago, poorer said:

Majortom

That is your opinion this post was what I was looking forward to and you have tried in everyway to keep knocking me down with my hopes and dreams.

I have had to cancel three cruises this year because of this pandemic including Iona.

And as I said it will not stop getting on Iona or the two other cruises I have booked for next year all which are suites as I work hard for my holidays as does my husband.

So if senior management does not require my money I would like them to let me know not being given this information from third parties.

I will continue to support P&O no matter how many times they cancel my cruises I am not worried about money being lost because this is what I would  happily paid out for.

So please no more negative comments as I said my comments were about how I felt and not to get political or negative.

Please feel free to respond as you will only get positivity from me and in this current time this is what people need.

We all have had cruises cancelled or about to be cancelled during these horrible times I have a 28nt cruise on QM2 for October which I am realistic in that it wont happen and even if it does I wont be on it because IMO it would be far too big of a risk to cruise with no chance of social distancing and the risk of catching COVID-19 with  no vaccine available and possible insurance problems.

By the way I quoted CEO of Carnival Corp who I think might know more than all of us so would hardly call him a third party.

14 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We all have had cruises cancelled or about to be cancelled during these horrible times I have a 28nt cruise on QM2 for October which I am realistic in that it wont happen and even if it does I wont be on it because IMO it would be far too big of a risk to cruise with no chance of social distancing and the risk of catching COVID-19 with  no vaccine available and possible insurance problems.

By the way I quoted CEO of Carnival Corp who I think might know more than all of us so would hardly call him a third party.

Guesswork. You will go to the ball🚢

Maybe so  I sympathise that you too have had to cancel your cruise.

But none of us can predict what will happen so in the mean time I will continue with the belief that things will come good again.

I will deal with insurance problems if they should arise and I will of course adhere to keep myself and family safe but no-one knows we have to take every day a day at a time.

If P&O advises we cannot sail then so be it but again your views are your own and mine are mine so think this should be now be put to bed as it seems we will never agree .

I cannot wait until I can cruise again and will only do this with my upmost safety for myself and family.

I trust in P&O  to make the right decision for their passengers.

So I will bid you goodnight and hope you too will cruising again soon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

No chance they were delayed with a minimum of staff and were not fitting Iona out as planned. The minimum of staff were employed and agreed by union as a safety practice not fitting out the ship and they havent done any sea trials. If CEO of Carnival Corp said only 3 weeks ago that he didnt know when the ship would be finished I do not think it will be anytime soon and once she is fully fitted she will have to undergo sea trials. Then she has to be delivered to Southampton  and then they have to get full compliment of staff onboard and trained and they are still in the progress of repatriating staff so in near future not looking at bringing staff to Southampton. Plus P&O have cancelled all cruises until 31st July and is only a matter of time before that is extended and even after all that where will she sail as there is no chance of Norway letting them dock at any ports. Think you have to be realistic and realise that Iona will not be ready to sail for some time.

Wait and see oh ye of little faith, especially in German engineering.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, poorer said:

Maybe so  I sympathise that you too have had to cancel your cruise.

But none of us can predict what will happen so in the mean time I will continue with the belief that things will come good again.

I will deal with insurance problems if they should arise and I will of course adhere to keep myself and family safe but no-one knows we have to take every day a day at a time.

If P&O advises we cannot sail then so be it but again your views are your own and mine are mine so think this should be now be put to bed as it seems we will never agree .

I cannot wait until I can cruise again and will only do this with my upmost safety for myself and family.

I trust in P&O  to make the right decision for their passengers.

So I will bid you goodnight and hope you too will cruising again soon.

You seem to be in denial. Norway will not let pax disembark, even in the unlikely event of Iona being ready.

Sometimes, however awful, you need to face up to reality.  

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

That is stretching credulity to its upmost if you want us to believe anything the Carnival senior management say.

• Like 1

Just now, wowzz said:

Well yes, but where can she sail to? 

I am only saying she will probably be ready willing and able, once Boris takes his foot off the brake, maybe one of your oft requested round Britain trips.

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That is stretching credulity to its upmost if you want us to believe anything the Carnival senior management say.

Absolutely  - for goodness sake, the CEO is not going to say "we are doomed" is he?

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am only saying she will probably be ready willing and able, once Boris takes his foot off the brake, maybe one of your oft requested round Britain trips.

I've never suggested I would want a round Britain cruise. Going round Britain, on a British ship, surrounded by thousands of Brits - my idea of hell.

I'll go round the UK at my own pace, ideally on a narrowboat, stopping at every possible pub on the way.

Edited by wowzz

Majortom

That is your opinion this post was what I was looking forward to and you have tried in everyway to keep knocking me down with my hopes and dreams.

I have had to cancel three cruises this year because of this pandemic including Iona.

And as I said it will not stop getting on Iona or the two other cruises I have booked for next year all which are suites as I work hard for my holidays as does my husband.

So if senior management does not require my money I would like them to let me know not being given this information from third parties.

I will continue to support P&O no matter how many times they cancel my cruises I am not worried about money being lost because this is what I would  happily paid out for.

So please no more negative comments as I said my comments were about how I felt and not to get political or negative.

Please feel free to respond as you will only get positivity from me and in this current time this is what people need.

I love your positivity. I agree in the current climate we all need something to look forward to. I have Arcadia’s 2020 world cruise booked. Do I think realistically it will go ahead? Not sure as I travel with my 79 year old father. But I still plan to go. I refuse to let this virus keep me down.

Remember just because we plan to go on a future cruise does not mean we will if circumstances are not safe to do so we each make our own choices. In my case I have no family except dad and 1 sister I would prefer to live a short happy life with happy memories than a long one fearful of doing anything however that would not be my view if I had children etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1 hour ago, Clipper Chick said:

I love your positivity. I agree in the current climate we all need something to look forward to. I have Arcadia’s 2020 world cruise booked. Do I think realistically it will go ahead? Not sure as I travel with my 79 year old father. But I still plan to go. I refuse to let this virus keep me down.

Remember just because we plan to go on a future cruise does not mean we will if circumstances are not safe to do so we each make our own choices. In my case I have no family except dad and 1 sister I would prefer to live a short happy life with happy memories than a long one fearful of doing anything however that would not be my view if I had children etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're on the 2020 Worldie as well.  I notice that they've started to release some of the excursions.

We're due to pay our balance in September, and currently have every intention to settle up.  Wouldn't want to miss it for the world, pun intended.

17 hours ago, wowzz said:

You seem to be in denial. Norway will not let pax disembark, even in the unlikely event of Iona being ready.

Sometimes, however awful, you need to face up to reality.  

Agreed, i cant see any way that Norway will allow PAX to go ashore that soon.

18 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

Agreed, i cant see any way that Norway will allow PAX to go ashore that soon.

Norway plan on removing almost all restrictions on 15 June. I am sure cruise ships docking may be a little later, but as it still over 3 months before our Iona cruise, things are looking good.🚢🚢😁

• Like 1

Princess have cancelled all the 2020 season,i assume their ships will sit laid up then while everyone elses is back in service?

Norway restrictions are to be reviewed then,i am booked on a cruise in November and TBH i will be amazed if they are running by then.

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Norway plan on removing almost all restrictions on 15 June. I am sure cruise ships docking may be a little later, but as it still over 3 months before our Iona cruise, things are looking good.🚢🚢😁

The decision is to whether to allow cruise pax to disembark is decided by each individual town council, rather than by the government, so the June 15 relaxation is not relevant. 

Just now, wowzz said:

The decision is to whether to allow cruise pax to disembark is decided by each individual town council, rather than by the government, so the June 15 relaxation is not relevant. 

So they may let them in earlier then. That isn't relevant as we won't get there til September.😁

On 5/9/2020 at 12:40 PM, sddsddean said:

Holding out hope for our 28th Nov cruise...it might end up being the maiden!! That would pee some people off and make others very happy!!😁

Simon

Yesterday we moved our 5 September Iona sailing to the 28 November one. Fingers crossed it goes ahead but setting our expectations low at present.

So far I have had two Iona cruises cancelled. We should have been boarding just about now, for her maiden voyage. Alas I'm at home doing some gardening. I know where I would rather be!

Brian

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Otter18 said:

So far I have had two Iona cruises cancelled. We should have been boarding just about now, for her maiden voyage. Alas I'm at home doing some gardening. I know where I would rather be!

Brian

We too should be on board right now exploring the new ship and waiting to set sail

on the Maiden Voyage

Will crack open a bottle of red later and just wish were sailing out of Southampton

and heading for the beautiful Norwegian Fjords.

Sigh

Mike and Sue

• Like 3