Celebrity Cruises Concierge Class

ropo26

Hi guys,

me and my parents are going on our first Celebrity Infinity cruise in September (Coronavirus pending yes) and have booked a aft concierge class stateroom (C1 Category I think it is). I have checked and found I can upgrade to one of the family verandas on the side, which has more space and a huge balcony. My question is, are the extra amenities with concierge worth the money or Would the extra space win? Also are the dining options the same between concierge and veranda, as we’d still like to keep the freestyle or whatever it is called dining. 

Of course all of this depends on what happens with the virus and the global situation, and it if it does go ahead, it will be interesting to see what changes are made to the ship in the form of social distancing and buffet restaurants.

I can't speak to the family verandas, but we have stayed in a concierge cabin and the extra "amenities" were minimal.  You have the exact same dining as a regular veranda (no special restaurants), you get some afternoon canapes, which varied in quality and sometimes had been sitting in our cabin for an unknown amount of time, so not always eager to eat them.  The biggest perk was the extra Captain's Club points.  

My POV is the aft cabin view is far superior to a side view. Plus you'll get better club points in Concierge.  If you're looking for perks, consider the AQ cat if the difference isn't too much and you can stay aft. AQ eats in BLU.

We've had three aft view cabins before and our next cruise is aft.  Once you do, it's hard to go back.

Is the size difference between C1 and FV that substantial? 

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Thanks both, i think we will go for the family veranda as we're not too fussed about the points or the added amenities. The family veranda are on both port and starboard sides at the back, so have a view of the aft/wake and also the side view of the ship. They are #7199 and 7202 in the deck plan image below827342197_Screenshot_20200512-125229_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.da4b88fa883ea1d2b46f92b5f21c974e.jpg

19 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

My POV is the aft cabin view is far superior to a side view. Plus you'll get better club points in Concierge.  If you're looking for perks, consider the AQ cat if the difference isn't too much and you can stay aft. AQ eats in BLU.

We've had three aft view cabins before and our next cruise is aft.  Once you do, it's hard to go back.

Is the size difference between C1 and FV that substantial? 

If you google or YouTube Family Veranda Celebrity Infinity there is some good photos/videos of the size of the room

YES...get one of the corner FVs on deck 7.  Probably best veranda staterooms on the ship. 

Corner FVs are far superior to the C1s. on Summit and all M-class ships.  Unbelievable balcony.  C perks are pretty minimal.  Dining options are identical for both.

Make the switch to FV.

Hope your cruise goes!!

• Like 3

Yes, FV looks very nice in the videos.  About the only thing that would make us keep the Concierge cabin is the fact that you get an embarkation day lunch in the MDR.  No telling how embarkation days will go when cruising starts, but I would venture a guess that the buffet will be an even less desirable place to eat.

Over all though, the extra space on the veranda  wins out.  

Here's hoping you sail...and post a review 🙂.

• Like 2

Yes take the FV.  We have done C1 many times and just had the opportunity to get a corner FV on our Summit cruise that we were supposed to be on last week.  So disappointed to not be able to sail in that cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rebeccac said:

I can't speak to the family verandas, but we have stayed in a concierge cabin and the extra "amenities" were minimal.  You have the exact same dining as a regular veranda (no special restaurants), you get some afternoon canapes, which varied in quality and sometimes had been sitting in our cabin for an unknown amount of time, so not always eager to eat them.  The biggest perk was the extra Captain's Club points.  

Agreed.

Concierge is supposed to come with a ~$9 bottle of 'champagne' as well.  

The extra captains club points are nice, as is the priority boarding.  Otherwise, there is no perceivable difference to us compared to a normal veranda.   Plus, the gratuities are more $$ per night, aren't they?

We've booked Concierge for the boarding and points, but only when the price has been nearly identical to a normal veranda.

Just be aware that if you decided to take advantage of the "lift and switch" to the following year you may not be able to due to the FV cabin.   We had an FV booked and wanted to change the cruise to the following year, same ship, itinerary, nights etc. but was advised we could not as the FV category was not being offered??? which really sucked for us, they told us we would have to book two rooms and of course for a lot more $$$$

6 hours ago, ropo26 said:

Priority boarding.

Extra points.

Lunch in MDR.

Canapes

Concierge service desk

Champagne 

Celebrity Embossed Key Holder 

There is not one amenity listed above, except maybe ( ???? ) the Celebrity Embossed Key Holder ,  that's worth paying anything extra for , and , besides the gratuities per day are higher.  

3 minutes ago, schiff1997 said:

Just be aware that if you decided to take advantage of the "lift and switch" to the following year you may not be able to due to the FV cabin.   We had an FV booked and wanted to change the cruise to the following year, same ship, itinerary, nights etc. but was advised we could not as the FV category was not being offered??? which really sucked for us, they told us we would have to book two rooms and of course for a lot more $$$$

Not being offered or not available because they were already booked? This is the first time that I've heard of a particular category being considered off limits for a switch. 

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

There is not one amenity listed above, except maybe ( ???? ) the Celebrity Embossed Key Holder ,  that's worth paying anything extra for , and , besides the gratuities per day are higher.  

Usually C1-2-3 cabins are in preferred locations which is a + for some of us.  In OP's case FV would be best for them IMO...location and size of verandah.

Just now, Fouremco said:

Not being offered or not available because they were already booked? This is the first time that I've heard of a particular category being considered off limits for a switch. 

The Celebrity person I spoke to advised they were being changed to the new Sunset Suites so she would not let me change.   

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

Believe me, the key holder is the least valuable amenity of the lot. Per unit cost is probably 5¢ or less.

6 minutes ago, schiff1997 said:

The Celebrity person I spoke to advised they were being changed to the new Sunset Suites so she would not let me change.   

Ah, understood. Thanks for the clarification. Enjoy a nice sunny day in the valley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oceangoer2 said:

Usually C1-2-3 cabins are in preferred locations which is a + for some of us.  In OP's case FV would be best for them IMO...location and size of verandah.

Agree--- we were on the Reflection , cabin 1102  -- come to think of it, I believe they offered Concierge Class at the same price as a regular balcony because we booked on board and long in advance. 

Thank you all for your comments and advice! Unfortunately I can’t seem to make the switch on the website. It goes through to the “Pay now” window but then nothing happens after I click the button. I will give Celebrity a call

Just now, ropo26 said:

Thank you all for your comments and advice! Unfortunately I can’t seem to make the switch on the website. It goes through to the “Pay now” window but then nothing happens after I click the button. I will give Celebrity a call

Best and safest way to do it.....website is wonky at times and may swallow your $$s...LOL

• Like 1

Just now, Fouremco said:
1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

Believe me, the key holder is the least valuable amenity of the lot. Per unit cost is probably 5¢ or less

LOL-- I was making a joke about The Celebrity Embossed Key Holder or did you mean the Most valuable amenity ?? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Be proactive and check prices for Aqua Class dependent on location. Blu is the special restaurant for AQ and is a real upgrade. Quite possibly you can get it for around the same price.

yes I have tried having a look but unfortunately there are no options to upgrade to this stateroom...even though their website is showing some available. I think their website and phones are broken - been on hold for nearly an hour now!  

Edited by ropo26