5% voyagers club discount

Heather1972

I would suggest it is still there. However with new website layout it is difficult to tell. I am able to sign in and search for a cruise but at one step during the search you are asked to add a voyagers club number. Have already expressed my dismay with the new website. I am not finding searching for a cruise very easy. In the past part of my enjoyment was the search and the anticipation. The “search” hasn’t been fun lately. 

I canceled and rebooked a cruise for January a couple of days ago. The agent was not able to add the 5% discount to the cruise. (???) She had to email someone to ask for it to be added. Not holding my breath that it gets done.  

In the UK once you log in and look at a booking the 5% is automatically deducted from the prices shown.

If you search without logging in there is a box where you can add your VC number and date of birth which then takes off the discount when you close the box.

5 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

They seem to have removed the 5%+10% and 5%+15% cruises from the UK website.

If you choose the USA as your home country, you will still find cruises with the higher discounts available (look in the Voyager Club section).

I haven't asked the UK office why - to be honest, they were never that helpful before Covid and even less so now.

Its a weird thing but its totally true. My wife is from Poland and whenever she visits such a website it chooses her home  country by default and she sees different prices than me. So yes, wherever you are, just choose the US as  your country of living and you will get better deals. By the way, it works on any website lol 

4 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

OOPS lol - I just decided to pop in to the UK website and the 5%+10% and 5%+15% deals are back on there lol

Worth checking every few weeks as the deals do change quite a lot - new sail dates added/removed all the time.

I havent always found the US website cheapest though - Ive booked cruises on French and Italian websites before to get some great deals ---- thank heaven for google translate though.

How do you find them on the UK website?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 8:41 AM, Couple-Somerset said:

OOPS lol - I just decided to pop in to the UK website and the 5%+10% and 5%+15% deals are back on there lol

Worth checking every few weeks as the deals do change quite a lot - new sail dates added/removed all the time.

I havent always found the US website cheapest though - Ive booked cruises on French and Italian websites before to get some great deals ---- thank heaven for google translate though.

It's now 2 weeks later and the only Voyager Selection discounts shown on the US website that I can find are 5%+5%.  The 5+10 and 5+15 are no longer showing...HOWEVER, when trying to click on the 5%+5% banner, it asks for me to log in with my VC info then tries to take me to the UK website but an error message says to try again later...

Paul

Edited by Av8tor

12 minutes ago, little britain said:

Can you explain how to find it please?  Thanks 🙏 

I’ve logged in and there is nothing under the VC section.

On the US site, I found it by clicking on "Manage Booking" then "MSC Voyagers Club" and scrolling down the page to the "VOYAGES SELECTION DEPARTURES" section.  Unfortunately, that's as far as I get before an error occurs and I can't get any info on available cruises...

Edited by Av8tor

Well that was then and this is now lol, and now it is only showing the 5 + 5% discount, but I think that's all there is. Basically, don't do it when you are in your logged in/Manage my booking type area. Go back to the main page, and select manage my booking, and then under that there is a link to Voyagers club at the right end of those icons.

Then the "Voyagers Selection Departures" info is quite far down the page, under the bit that explains the different tiers.

Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 08.52.52.png

Edited by JP82
Formatting

5 hours ago, Av8tor said:

On the US site, I found it by clicking on "Manage Booking" then "MSC Voyagers Club" and scrolling down the page to the "VOYAGES SELECTION DEPARTURES" section.  Unfortunately, that's as far as I get before an error occurs and I can't get any info on available cruises...

That link on the US site is still broken and takes you to the UK site.  On the US site they now have the Voyages Selection in the top rotating banner of the home page.  The link from there works.  There is now only a 5+5% section that covers pretty much all sailings and gives $100pp OBC to all Voyagers Club members except welcome.  I don't think it is able to be done correctly on line, it is still best to call through the phone center.

Ate, here we are again, yes the Scroll is still not working and neither is it working when attempting to get to it once signed in. I sound like a 'broken record,' increasingly difficult to search online and not a fun experience. We typically cruise between MSC which we really have come to enjoy and Carnival which we realize is a completely different experience but I find myself doing a lot of searches on Carnival as opposed to MSC these days. Surely the MSC IT personnel can get this fixed.

2 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

One trick to try when you do get the 5+5 sailings to appear ......

Look at the end of the https page title in your browser and you'll see it ends with "....msc-club-pax-type-55" ------ simply change it to 510 or 515 and press enter ----- if any extra discount cruises are available they will show up.

MSC website is notoriously bad so it's worth checking that way just in case they havent updated the actual page.

One thing I do like about the MSC website now though - is the ability to do a search for Yacht Club cabins. Before, you had to go several steps into each search result to find that info.

Thanks for that info...

On the US site:

When I tried entering 515 instead of the 55 in the address bar I got the message "oops, that page must be cruising" LOL...  When I tried entering 510 instead of the 55 it took me to a page for 5% + 15%, but there were no cruises showing.  

And while there are certainly some substancial problem with the MSC website, the option to filter results for just YC availability is very handy!

Thanks; I managed to see it but only Caribbean cruises showing as having 5+5 offers on the USA site? Is that right?! The wording says “all departures “ but all 151 sailings are Caribbean?!

Edited by little britain

11 hours ago, little britain said:

Thanks; I managed to see it but only Caribbean cruises showing as having 5+5 offers on the USA site? Is that right?! The wording says “all departures “ but all 151 sailings are Caribbean?!

Sorry, zi don't know about cruises to other areas.  I've only looked for Caribbean cruises since I'm not interested in going any farther away from home for a while...

At one point is was "all sailings", now the US site VS 5+5% is only for the Caribbean.  Still no 5+10% or 5+15%, I guess they aren't interested in offering the better discounts any longer.  It will all probably be changed again in a couple days.

The UK Website is running a big splash on it now on the homepage on the top of the page, calling out the ...

VOYAGES SELECTION DEPARTURES 5% + 5% OFF PLUS AN ONBOARD CREDIT OF UP TO €100 PER PERSON AND DOUBLE POINTS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.

which takes you to this page. https://www.msccruises.co.uk/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-55

Canadian Voyages Selection is still truly offering the advertised All departures* (1220 itineraries).  US is now offering only Caribbean sailings (151) and UK is offering a fairly limited mix of different areas sailings  (89) but both still state All departures*.  No idea what they are doing....

Edited by Até