2021 Drink Package 20% off today

Our March and April 2021 cruises just updated to have a 20% discount on the drink package.  Not the best deal I am expecting.  But it's a start.  I am going to hold off even though we could cancel it and get a better package when it is offered.   Thought I would share since other cruises around the same time may be offering discounts now too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CruzintheBL said:

What is the typical time line they offer the discounts?  2 days - 5 days? 

There is no typical. It is about as random as you can get.

Deluxe packade on my Jan 2021 cruise is $67 down from $84. I'm still not biting. However, I guess these types of changes show that RCI has employees doing something other than refunding or shifting cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Luvs2roam said:

Thanks for the info do you know if it ever goes lower then 20%?

They do different options over time.  20% is about in the middle.  BOGO 50% off is the next best deal.  Then there is the 30% off deal.  They usually offer that at some point, but no promises.  Last week our cruise in December of this year was 40% off.  That was a rare amount off.

Some people say, the actual price is more important than the percent off.  But, I have yet to see where the percent off is not truly based on that particular cruises on board price.  It does look like they are raising prices significantly in 2021.  They did that before the pandemic started though.  So take that with what ever kind of salt you want to believe in.

Keep in mind, every ship and date has it's own "on board" price.  You can't really compare one cruise to another every time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruzintheBL said:

What is the typical time line they offer the discounts?  2 days - 5 days? 

It can be fairly random.  I check every day hoping to get lucky and catch that extra rare mistake that they may still honor.  😉  Once a sale starts, it usually does last for about a week.  Sometimes 2 weeks.  The pattern I have seen is in the morning there is no sale at all.  Then in the middle of the day the discount shows up.  It is a week or 2 later when it goes away.  Sometimes back to no discount and other times a different, be it more or less, discount.

I am pretty sure it is based on sales volume.  It depends on how many the sell and how many they want to sell.

• Like 1

4 cruises booked in 2021 but we won't be pricing any beverage/dining packages for a while.  Glad we only have 1,200.00 in deposits tied up in those, won't be sending them any more money for now.

As for pricing, it is indeed random, no consistency to be found.  Except maybe that based on the comments here pricing is up overall.  Whether on "sale" or not.

Edited by bouhunter

2 hours ago, MCManders99 said:

My April 2021 Cruise on Oasis is showing 20% off at $71 per day. Not purchasing yet, hopefully it drops more. 

I forgot to add mine a couple days ago was sitting at $89 per day for regular price.