Carnival Breeze arrives in UK

Good morning one and all.

I was up again early this morning for something a little different...

...the arrival of Carnival Breeze on her repatriation mission returning  crew members of UK and European nationalities.

She looked a pretty impressive site in the early morning (05.50) rising sun...

1010060157_CarnivalBreeze1passingLeeq6May2020.jpg.4fe521c32f5930d31d43faba30add2c8.jpg

...and passing Norris Castle, on the Isle of Wight...

934494505_CarnivalBreeze2passingLeeq6May2020.jpg.05ffdc17224606cc3c67dfa9f35e27d1.jpg

...which just happens to be the view from my waterfront apartment.

Edited by Solent Richard
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

It just seems funny to me to see these ships out of their element, the Caribbean!  Wishing her and the crew a safe journey back in time for our cruise August 29th. 🤞

Not really. I did a Transatlantic cruise on her from Barcelona a few years ago.

Love that ship.

Thank you for posting OP.

• Like 1

So happy for them! 😄

crew-center reported:

The cruise ship Carnival Breeze arrived in Southampton this morning as part of a Transatlantic repatriation voyage of Carnival Cruise Line’s European crew due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The first group of crewmembers from the red list, already disembarked the ship today and boarded the flights back to their home countries. Around 70 crew members from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, Zambia, Romania, and Australia signed off today.

Tomorrow another group of crewmembers from the green list is scheduled to sign off and return home. This group of around 165 crew members from Hungary, Macedonia, Spain, Portugal, and Serbia will debark the ship on May 17, and return home.

Carnival Breeze will then sail to Cadiz, Civitavecchia, and Dubrovnik to return the remaining crew.

http://crew-center.com/carnival-breeze-arrives-southampton-first-group-already-way-home

DH and I sailed the Breeze Feb 29 thru March 7 this year,  first time on the Breeze, really enjoyed the cruise, so thankful we were able to make it to all the ports and no one was sick on the cruise, thanks for the pics, brings back great memories.