Voyagers Club Section - New Web Site

cellfree

On the old web site format there was a Voyagers Club Section that offered an additional discount (10% +) on certain cruises plus $50 OBC per person. Has anyone seen that on the new web site? Perhaps it is a thing of the past. 

Yes, the new US website has the Voyager Selection area.  It's under the "Manage Booking" drop menu, then select "MSC Voyagers Club".  At the bottom of that page you can find the links to each VS category.  They have broadly expanded the number of sailings in each category.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-515

39 minutes ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

That link worked for me the other day, but  not anymore. Currently using the "all deals" page on their website, but nothing specifically comes up as voyager's club discount. 

Try clearing your computer's cache and then use the provided link to reload the web page.  If that doesn't get you there, go to the MSC web site and hover your cursor over manage booking and an option for MSC Voyagers Club should appear.  Select that and then scroll down towards the bottom of that new page and you should find VOYAGES SELECTION DEPARTURES.  Just a bit further down should be a link to select 5%+5% discount and depending on your level & what they have available maybe 5%+10% and 5%+15% discounts.

Not a computer geek but I hope this helps 

• Like 1

I find the same thing - found it on w/e thanks to Ate, but today only a 5%+5% comes up, then when I try to book it flips from US dollars to pounds - oh the drama. Still saying searching for MSC cruises continues to frustrate me with new format. 

I noticed the Canadian and UK sites changed to up to $100 OBC for everyone, rather than for only silver and above.  I went back to the old US page and it still said $50 per silver member and above.  I hope that is the only change they are making and they leave all the sailings.

10 hours ago, cellfree said:

Currently I only see the 5% + 5% discount. 

11 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

And back to the topic.....all I see is 5% discounts.  Am I missing something?

In my experience, the Voyager Club discounts page has been an issue since MSC did the "upgrade" to their web site.

When I click on the 5% + 5%, it actually takes me to the UK site.  I've sent a message to their network people with a couple of issues earlier this week.  They've corrected one of the issues but not this one.  Hopefully, they'll get this fixed soon.

2 hours ago, dolphin1313 said:

In my experience, the Voyager Club discounts page has been an issue since MSC did the "upgrade" to their web site.

When I click on the 5% + 5%, it actually takes me to the UK site.  I've sent a message to their network people with a couple of issues earlier this week.

The Voyages Selection areas of the US website worked for about a week, about 90% of the US sailings were in the 5+15% section.  I almost wish I had kept more bookings but only had one.  As usual the phone agents were unable to get the discount applied, they could not find it listed as such in their system.  I called again and got to customer service who asked me for a screenshot of my sailing on the US site's 5+15% section, which I provided.  I got the full discount and OBC within two days.  The US website Voyages Selection area has not been working since.  I also now get diverted to the UK site if I try the 5+5% link.

2 hours ago, dolphin1313 said:

When I click on the 5% + 5%, it actually takes me to the UK site.  I've sent a message to their network people with a couple of issues earlier this week.  They've corrected one of the issues but not this one.  Hopefully, they'll get this fixed soon.

Yes...they think I'm British too.

Hopefully they'll correct this...and eventually the dust will settle with all the refunds.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Boschmann said:

The Voyages Selection areas of the US website worked for about a week, about 90% of the US sailings were in the 5+15% section.  I almost wish I had kept more bookings but only had one.  As usual the phone agents were unable to get the discount applied, they could not find it listed as such in their system.  I called again and got to customer service who asked me for a screenshot of my sailing on the US site's 5+15% section, which I provided.  I got the full discount and OBC within two days.  The US website Voyages Selection area has not been working since.  I also now get diverted to the UK site if I try the 5+5% link.

I was trying not to have to explain that one and keep it simple but I knew somebody would say it.

You're correct that it showed a lot of cruises on the 5+15%.   However for the sailings that I have booked the 5+15% were actually not calculating correctly, it only showed a 5% discount.  I can't speak for them all but the 2 that I was looking at were not showing the amount it should have been given the price of the cruise at the time and the amount it should have been if a 5/15 discount was applied.  I called thier call center because I needed to check on my Military discount being added to one my bookings that they couldn't add when I booked it 2 months ago.  At the same time, I asked about the 5-15% VC discount that was listed on their site since that would have been cheaper than my Military discount and it wasn't listed for them in their database.  After talking with the agent, they transferred me to the IT department to tell them about the issues that I was having.  She also checked and they shouldn't have been listed in the 5/15 VC list.  Then last week I sent them an email to go over the current problems that I was having.

Hopefully this makes sense since I'm still working on my morning coffee.

1 hour ago, dolphin1313 said:

I was trying not to have to explain that one and keep it simple but I knew somebody would say it.

You're correct that it showed a lot of cruises on the 5+15%.   However for the sailings that I have booked the 5+15% were actually not calculating correctly, it only showed a 5% discount.  I can't speak for them all but the 2 that I was looking at were not showing the amount it should have been given the price of the cruise at the time and the amount it should have been if a 5/15 discount was applied.  I called thier call center because I needed to check on my Military discount being added to one my bookings that they couldn't add when I booked it 2 months ago.  At the same time, I asked about the 5-15% VC discount that was listed on their site since that would have been cheaper than my Military discount and it wasn't listed for them in their database.  After talking with the agent, they transferred me to the IT department to tell them about the issues that I was having.  She also checked and they shouldn't have been listed in the 5/15 VC list.  Then last week I sent them an email to go over the current problems that I was having.

Hopefully this makes sense since I'm still working on my morning coffee.

Perfect sense...to raise revenue they eliminated the 15% VC discount.  Ugh.....

Just to add...the cruises out of NYC for 2020 were under the 15% discount.  The ones for 2021 weren't.  I'm talking about pre-pandemic days.

Edited by MsTabbyKats

52 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Perfect sense...to raise revenue they eliminated the 15% VC discount.  Ugh.....

Just to add...the cruises out of NYC for 2020 were under the 15% discount.  The ones for 2021 weren't.  I'm talking about pre-pandemic days.

Yeah, I did get the 5-15% discount on my Oct. 2nd cruise when I booked prior to the website "upgrade".

I wouldn't be surprised if there are VC discounts available for some sailings, I think that it's just that their website isn't displaying the discounts.  Obviously not for NY sailings this year since they aren't showing up.  I guess time will tell, once they get their site fixed.  I think the discounts are still available because the text on the VC site still says they do offer the discounts.

35 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

With fully refundable deposit @ only $49 pp, I would book now under 5+5 with OBC. Can always cancel and rebook later if a better deal comes along. Minimal risk. 

When I log it I can't do anything....not even check what's available.

If the cruise I am looking at offers what you say...yes, I'll book now (assuming I'm not blacklisted for disputing the "refundable deposit" that they took too long to refund).

MSC web page says the current 5+5+OBC applies to every cruise. If website doesn't work, can always call. I wouldn't worry about being blacklisted. MSC may not like what you did but it loves your money.

• Haha 1