Anyone know if X will offer a memorial day sale on drink packages, excursions, etc?

NutsAboutGolf

I guess anything is possible.  I just got an e-mail this morning reminding me of the 10% off offer for Captain's Club members but this is for the cruise fare, not specific add-ons.  Of course, if you book a cruise with the drink package as a perk, then I guess you could technically get 10% off.

On 5/19/2020 at 12:10 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

I guess anything is possible.  I just got an e-mail this morning reminding me of the 10% off offer for Captain's Club members but this is for the cruise fare, not specific add-ons.  Of course, if you book a cruise with the drink package as a perk, then I guess you could technically get 10% off.

I deleted my email but now I want to let my TA check to see if it can be applied to a previously booked cruise. Do you have the code for the 10% off?

Laura

36 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

I deleted my email but now I want to let my TA check to see if it can be applied to a previously booked cruise. Do you have the code for the 10% off?

Laura

You don't need a code, just your Captains Club number. Ask your TA to have your booking refared using the Loyalty promo.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

You don't need a code, just your Captains Club number. Ask your TA to have your booking refared using the Loyalty promo.

If you book on the X Website all you need to do is enter your Captains Club Number on the page that asks for the number of passengers. You need the click on the See If You Qualify For Additional Discounts. 

Edited by RICCruisers
Spelling

8 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

If you book on the X Website all you need to do is enter your Captains Club Number on the page that asks for the number of passengers. You need the click on the See If You Qualify For Additional Discounts. 

Yes, if you are making a new booking online with Celebrity, but in this case the poster to whom I was responding has an existing booking and wanted her TA to apply it to an existing booking.

7 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, if you are making a new booking online with Celebrity, but in this case the poster to whom I was responding has an existing booking and wanted her TA to apply it to an existing booking.

You are correct. I missed that in the post. Thanks for that. 

Be sure to read the fine print on all the "sales". The 10% Captain's Club discount is not combinable with the 125% FCC. I'd guess onboard packages or shore excursions won't have such a restriction since you pay for those with OBC or other means at the time of booking, them, but in today's environment anything is possible. 

13 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Can you do that without repricing to the current price?   I know some people said they did it to existing reservations but I assumed they made out better because the current price minus 10% was less than what they paid originally.    In my case all the bookings I checked the current price is significantly higher than what I paid so the 10% doesn't cover the difference.

2 hours ago, dutchclogs said:

What time on 22 May (today) does this offer start?  I''m seeing the banner for beverages and shore excursions  in my  September 2021 booking but there is not a single item showing at sale price?

The Memorial Day offer consists of the Classic beverage package included in the "Sail" price, which is normally called "cruise-only". It is not for the add-on purchase in the Cruise Planner.

The offer is live on new bookings on celebrity.com.

Concurrently there is a Cruise Planner sale with up to 20% discount, but it's only for 2020 sailings. Several users have reported that the banner shows up for their 2021/2022 sailings, but the promotion material clearly states that the sale is only for "select" 2020 sailings.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Can you do that without repricing to the current price?   I know some people said they did it to existing reservations but I assumed they made out better because the current price minus 10% was less than what they paid originally.    In my case all the bookings I checked the current price is significantly higher than what I paid so the 10% doesn't cover the difference.

You need to reprice. In our case, the higher current price resulted in only a $58 CAD saving, nowhere near 10% but good for a bottle of wine.

7 hours ago, Fouremco said:

You need to reprice. In our case, the higher current price resulted in only a $58 CAD saving, nowhere near 10% but good for a bottle of wine.

That's what I thought.   I seemed like some people thought they could call and just apply the 10% off to their current reservation.