Latitude points being awarded for cancelled cruises?

PearlJade

I was reading on Reddit's cruise board that multiple people with cancelled NCL May cruises are receiving Latitudes points for their cancelled cruises. I found this of particular interest as we are booked on a Sixthman music charter cruise this Fall that was recently cancelled. I do hope we also get the points.

There is a thread on here already about this.  Seems NCL too busy giving refunds to worry about such things, cannot figure out how to have NCL cancel a cruise without giving out the points. Wait 6 months for a "correction."

Just now, mugtech said:

There is a thread on here already about this.  Seems NCL too busy giving refunds to worry about such things, cannot figure out how to have NCL cancel a cruise without giving out the points. Wait 6 months for a "correction."

Thank you, I looked before posting but did not see it anywhere. Sorry for duplicate topics then.

5 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Of course there are those who would gladly take Latitudes points they did not earn.

i also received extra  cruise  points from RCL for being stuck at sea during harvey.  its not unearned exactly. should be given imo. not my fault they cancelled. 

Edited by seaman11

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

i also received extra  cruise  points from RCL for being stuck at sea during harvey.  its not unearned exactly. should be given imo. not my fault they cancelled. 

So you could become Platinum by taking one cruise, then booking 10 cruises which get cancelled, keep moving the FCC to another cruise the first week of the "new" starting date.  Being stuck at sea is quite different from never leaving your house.  On our Sandy cruise on the Gem in 2012 NCL turned 9 days into 13 days, only got Latitudes points for the 9 days.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mugtech said:

I wish is were true that NCL is too busy giving refunds. I got the double points for the cruise they cancelled, and would willingly give the points up in exchange for the thousands of dollars they owe me.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Are they still showing up?  A bunch of folks in another group had gotten their points from Royal from their cancelled cruises but a week or so later they were taken back.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mugtech said:

So you could become Platinum by taking one cruise, then booking 10 cruises which get cancelled, keep moving the FCC to another cruise the first week of the "new" starting date.  Being stuck at sea is quite different from never leaving your house.  On our Sandy cruise on the Gem in 2012 NCL turned 9 days into 13 days, only got Latitudes points for the 9 days.

basically, i took 1 7 day ncl  cruise also on the gem  a few years ago . haha   if the cancel on my sept one the points will add up ..

i got 13 points stuck on liberty of the seas 7 day cruise during harvey . 6 extra days onboard. 

Just now, pcakes122 said:

Are they still showing up?  A bunch of folks in another group had gotten their points from Royal from their cancelled cruises but a week or so later they were taken back.

yes i received 13 points and it stayed, but may be different then a cancelled cruise for RCL.

• Like 1

Interesting that some are receiving the points. I was to cruise on the May 3rd Encore, Haven category booked under a Latitude promotion. Not one single extra Latitude point is showing for my husband or myself. I would not be counting on these points. Although not sure it makes a different I did not ask for a refund but took the credit.

9 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Interesting that some are receiving the points. I was to cruise on the May 3rd Encore, Haven category booked under a Latitude promotion. Not one single extra Latitude point is showing for my husband or myself. I would not be counting on these points. Although not sure it makes a different I did not ask for a refund but took the credit.

I had 2 cruises cancelled - took FCC for 1, waiting for a refund on the other.  I got double points on one (as expected), single points on the other (also as expected) - points were awarded after the end of the cruise, just as if it had sailed - so my 14-day May 3 cruise points just appeared on Monday.   In my case anyway, it didn't make a difference which promo or fcc/refund choice - I got the correct points.

Whether or not the points stay remains to be seen - I'm pretty sure it's not a high priority for NCL and the cost of leaving them in place is probably insignificant compared to the cost of re-programming their system.  I'm already platinum (just got there), so not really much of a bonus for me.

i dont want to spoil the party, but it's my understanding if you dont go (for any reason) you dont get the cruise points. my friend and i were booked on the march 14th cruise out of santiago,chile. when ncl cancelled, we both got nada!

3 minutes ago, complawyer said:

i dont want to spoil the party, but it's my understanding if you dont go (for any reason) you dont get the cruise points. my friend and i were booked on the march 14th cruise out of santiago,chile. when ncl cancelled, we both got nada!

That is strange, one would think anyone booking the Star should get all kinds of rewards.

1 minute ago, mugtech said:

That is strange, one would think anyone booking the Star should get all kinds of rewards.

the rewards come with the sailing. if the ship doesnt sail there arent any rewards.besides, the  only rewards offered are the 4 free at sea, or the goodies that come with a suite or a haven cabin. having sailed on the star when ncl 1st offered the southeast asia cruise (dec 2016 through jan 2017) i think anyone sailing on the star deserves a gold medal

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, complawyer said:

Don't know what to tell ya - some of us got points.  Neither of these cruises sailed.  Waited for NCL to cancel, so still technically booked on the cruise.

image.png.69ab80d1e45a778e34128fff93bfd40e.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jaapie said:

I wish is were true that NCL is too busy giving refunds. I got the double points for the cruise they cancelled, and would willingly give the points up in exchange for the thousands of dollars they owe me.

Has it been 90 days since you made the request for refund?  

19 hours ago, julig22 said:

Don't know what to tell ya - some of us got points.  Neither of these cruises sailed.  Waited for NCL to cancel, so still technically booked on the cruise.

image.png.69ab80d1e45a778e34128fff93bfd40e.png

we got our 21 points. Canceled April 19 cruise for 21 days. I can see some people complaining to NCL that they did not get theirs therefore removing the  points from anyone who got them LOL

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Haha 1

With all these "free points",  I would not be surprised if another Latitudes reconfiguration happens.    It already wasn't that difficult to get Platinum.   - which frankly-  is all you need.   🙂         The extra points are worthless for me.      

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

With all these "free points",  I would not be surprised if another Latitudes reconfiguration happens.    It already wasn't that difficult to get Platinum.   - which frankly-  is all you need.   🙂         The extra points are worthless for me.      

You got that right !!!

Will be time for a realignment of the Latitudes levels -

And of course this will cause more grandfathering confusion.

700 points to get a free cruise and not even in a suite.

Ambassador 700 points (100 - 7 night cruises)

Platinum 80 points (11.5 - 7 night cruises) and you have all the basic perks - laundry - bottle of Lame Duc Champagne

box/carton of fabulous vintage water - chocolate strawberries - and a misplaced sense of priority whatever that amounts to.

Why would anyone post on a public forum, especially on one where you know the cruise line has a relationship with, and broadcast an administrative error...... reminds me of being in school and Billy would let the teacher know that the answers to the test were on the board!!

Even if the points were meant by NCL to be a gesture of good will...... "shhhh" just in case it isn't.  You didn't cruise so why would you expect points?? Would you expect points again when you used your FCC in the future?? 

smh

1 hour ago, esm54687 said:

Why would anyone post on a public forum, especially on one where you know the cruise line has a relationship with, and broadcast an administrative error...... reminds me of being in school and Billy would let the teacher know that the answers to the test were on the board!!

Even if the points were meant by NCL to be a gesture of good will...... "shhhh" just in case it isn't.  You didn't cruise so why would you expect points?? Would you expect points again when you used your FCC in the future?? 

smh

So what?    Of course NCL can remove them in the future-  if they choose to.   Which maybe they will?    As I already said-  it's worthless for me,  and this has been widely mentioned  anyway.   

5 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

So what?    Of course NCL can remove them in the future-  if they choose to.   Which maybe they will?    As I already said-  it's worthless for me,  and this has been widely mentioned  anyway.   

My point being, sometimes being silent when a "good thing" happens that has no financial impact on a company is the preferred thing to do..... especially if that "good thing" is worthless to someone and by speaking up could take it away from others. 

and I mean in this forum, reddit, and any other location....