GOT REFUND TODAY

shipndip60

It is frustrating when I cancelled early March, sent my preference for cash back first day it was offered, and have nothing back. People on my cruise date have already received some form of compensation. I haven't done what many of you have done and dispute  charge credit card. I for one decided to wait for Princess(70 cruises with Princess) to do the right thing. For some of you, appears like Princess has come through. And I am glad you have your money back. I am greatful that my owed cash for the cruise is not a life need. What drives me nuts is checking every day for FCC on Princess personalizer and my credit card for refunds.

I guess I can forget about it, stop checking,and just wait. Yes, I have called Princess and got no where. Way past the 6o days.

• Like 2

I am in the same boat as you.  When I cancelled in early March, the options were not yet available so they did penalize me and gave me a small credit less the penalty, but when the options came out, they said they were good for any cancellations from March 1st so I chose option 2.

Also waiting while some (on the same cruise) have gotten their refunds.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Andrew J. Cat said:

Just got our refund today.  May 2 cruise date.  We took option 2, and submitted our form on March 19.  No FCCs yet. 

Happy for you

15 hours ago, mcrimmins said:

Yesterday Princess refunded all but my $200 FCD onto my American Express Card. This was 70 days since I filed my request for Option 2. 

happy for you

16 hours ago, muffydawg said:

Refund back to my credit card was posted yesterday; exactly 60 days from the date I submitted the online form request selecting Option 2. EDIT: the refund back to my credit card matches my PIF booking to the exact dollar except for $200.00; the amount of the $100 ea. FCD I used to make the deposit for the voyage. Refund for prepaid gratuities posted yesterday too.

happy for you. Thanks for posting. 

Our March 21/20 14 night cruise out of Port Everglades was cancelled by Princess on March 12/20.  We chose Option 2 and received our FCC on April 22/20.  On May 21/20 our credit card was refunded for the full value of cruise, deposit and 7 excursions in separate credits.  As a bonus, we made money on the excursions as our Canadian dollar dropped since paying.  We are hoping to do the cruise next March but if not then 2022 will have to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My refund was posted to my credit card account this morning. I was refunded my base fare, port fees & taxes, PVP,  and prepaid shore excursions.  I am still owed for my now expired FCD's and for a prepaid specialty dinner reservation. 

On March 12th, I chose refund option 2 for a scheduled March 15th Panama Canal sailing on the Emerald. My 100% FCC posted to my Captain's Circle account back on April 9th.

I had not filed a credit card dispute, although I was considering doing so in the next week or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cancelled our March 26th TA on the March 13th and received 25% refund immediately.  Our CC statement closed May 24th and there was the remaining refund.  Princess sent it to the CC company on the 14th and they waited 10 days to post it.  Still no FCC on Option #2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Received refunds to both c/c used for March 21 Ruby today.  Option 2 FCC received a couple of weeks ago.  Glad I got the refund without having to dispute c/c or hassle Princess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just received our refund today.  We chose Option 2 on March 13th.

Grand Princess Hawaii April 20 cruise

FFC in Captain Circle Account 4/23

Full Refund including insurance and port fees dated 5/21 appeared in cc account today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, rickays said:

Received refunds to both c/c used for March 21 Ruby today.  Option 2 FCC received a couple of weeks ago.  Glad I got the refund without having to dispute c/c or hassle Princess.

Pleased for you. Took Option 1 on Sun P also March 21. Also got FCC but awaiting refunds. Maybe soon !

It would be interesting to find out which ship people are on. I was thinking refunds are happening by date option choice is received or embarkation date. But maybe it's by ship a d those working on certain ships are just faster. 

Otherwise I'm back to thinking there's no rhyme or reason to why some get theirs and others have to go the credit card dispute route

FWIW my cancelled cruises have been on:

Enchanted - obc

Majestic- transferred 

Grand - option 2 refund

Grand - option 1 received

Sky - pndg

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rickays said:

I was booked on the same cruise. Did you cancel your cruise before Princess did? 

50 minutes ago, Worldpeek said:

I was booked on the same cruise. Did you cancel your cruise before Princess did? 

No Princess cancelled, we were still planning on going up until Princess cancelled.

We were booked on the Regal Princess for May 4th and picked option 2.  We received our FCC several weeks ago, and on May 23rd the full refund was posted to our credit card.  I was pleasantly surprised to see they paid me for the promotional OBC we got when we booked.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Still nothing at all for us for our cancelled 13th March cruise, that’s over 11 weeks since it was cancelled. Also nothing for our cancelled cruise for 3rd July, but I wasn’t expecting that one yet. 

Day 43 since our AK cruise was cancelled and still waiting for the refund (Cruise & Shorex’s) all put on my Princess Visa.  Not mad at Princess, but it is getting a little long in the tooth as I would like my 15K back.....

Bob

• Like 1

Received my full refund on May 21st chose option 2 for my cruise April 11 on Sky Princess.    Did not dispute with credit card company just waited princess out.     Fair included all cruise dollars paid and ez air too.   Total was right on....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2020 at 1:11 PM, Patrick B said:

he doesn't have a personalizer, he's 11, I tried to set one up when I realized that may be the case but it only allows you to create your own account if you are over 18, unless I am completely missing something (but thank you for your reply)

My daughter is 9 and I had the same problem.  You can't create a profile for a minor, but I was able to call Princess to confirm that she had the FCC.  I just need to call Princess when booking our next cruise to use it.

7 minutes ago, travelhound said:

My daughter is 9 and I had the same problem.  You can't create a profile for a minor, but I was able to call Princess to confirm that she had the FCC.  I just need to call Princess when booking our next cruise to use it.

I saw someone post (Ombud) re. Do a mock  booking and apply your FCC. Then add 2 Nd passenger and their FCC will show up there. You do not need to complete booking

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dog said:

I saw someone post (Ombud) re. Do a mock  booking and apply your FCC. Then add 2 Nd passenger and their FCC will show up there. You do not need to complete booking

That's a good idea, but for me it was just easier to call Princess.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davejohn said:

We were booked on the Regal Princess for May 4th and picked option 2.  We received our FCC several weeks ago, and on May 23rd the full refund was posted to our credit card.  I was pleasantly surprised to see they paid me for the promotional OBC we got when we booked.

We were suppose to go on the same ship as you, and we selected option 2. So far no CC refund yet but we did get the FCC several weeks ago.