GOT REFUND TODAY

shipndip60

Like everyone else I have been waiting for my refund to show up on my cc,  I have been checking everyday and to my surprise when I checked today there it was.  My cruise was on the Emerald Princess for March 30th 15 day to Hawaii out of LA  Princess canceled this cruise I submitted my form on the 12th of April and chose option 2.  I received the FCC April 28 and today received all of my cruise fare to my cc today.  So hang in there it looks like Princess is doing right by all of us I like lots of you got tired of waiting but it looks like things will start to look up.  Please Don't jump ship I think we will all be back onboard sooner than later.  Good luck to everyone and hang in.😃

• Like 18

I have got my FCC, but my (11 yo) son has not showed up yet. I just checked my CC and they have reimbursed one fair less $50 but not the taxes and fees, transfers, air or on board/excursions. I want to call them and find out ***** is going on but dont want to call them because I know they are busy.

• Like 1

Just now, Patrick B said:

I have got my FCC, but my (11 yo) son has not showed up yet. I just checked my CC and they have reimbursed one fair less $50 but not the taxes and fees, transfers, air or on board/excursions. I want to call them and find out ***** is going on but dont want to call them because I know they are busy.

Does your 11 yr old log into his personalizer and see no FCC?  That is where it will be 

he doesn't have a personalizer, he's 11, I tried to set one up when I realized that may be the case but it only allows you to create your own account if you are over 18, unless I am completely missing something (but thank you for your reply)

30 minutes ago, shipndip60 said:

Like everyone else I have been waiting for my refund to show up on my cc,  I have been checking everyday and to my surprise when I checked today there it was.  My cruise was on the Emerald Princess for March 30th 15 day to Hawaii out of LA  Princess canceled this cruise I submitted my form on the 12th of April and chose option 2.  I received the FCC April 28 and today received all of my cruise fare to my cc today.  So hang in there it looks like Princess is doing right by all of us I like lots of you got tired of waiting but it looks like things will start to look up.  Please Don't jump ship I think we will all be back onboard sooner than later.  Good luck to everyone and hang in.😃

Princess just posted this update on their FB page:

REFUNDS UPDATE: We want you to know that we hear you and understand your frustration with the time it is taking to receive your refund. As of Friday May 15, we have refunded millions of dollars of cruises and we continue working through our back log. Our reservation and payment systems were not designed to handle this volume of refunds in a short period of time, and it is taking longer than we wanted. As we respect our guest’s money and time, we have increased the number of team members supporting this enormous effort and have made modifications to our systems. These modifications have increased our capacity to process these refunds and we should be issuing at a faster rate beginning this week. Thank you for your patience in these extraordinary circumstances.

Fingers crossed!!

• Like 5

Great news!!  I have refused to worry, but it has been hard to keep my positive attitude about the chunk of money that I had paid to Princess for cruises that Princess cancelled.

I am still forcing myself to be positive about being able to take a Mex-Riv cruise next March/April.  2020 is the first year we missed this vacation.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Patrick B said:

he doesn't have a personalizer, he's 11, I tried to set one up when I realized that may be the case but it only allows you to create your own account if you are over 18, unless I am completely missing something (but thank you for your reply)

I suggest calling Princess to find out

Many people have received their refunds - I did this week - but unfortunately positive news is always subsumed by negativity. It’s amazing how people quote the same negative posts over and over and ignore those that confirm refunds are being made.

OP - I’m glad you’ve had your refund.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Great news!!  I have refused to worry, but it has been hard to keep my positive attitude about the chunk of money that I had paid to Princess for cruises that Princess cancelled.

We are hoping it is true what they posted too but also we remember being told 30 days, then 60 days and 90 days....so hopefully it is happening and not just a ploy to stop people from filing disputes with their credit card companies.....

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

Many people have received their refunds - I did this week - but unfortunately positive news is always subsumed by negativity. It’s amazing how people quote the same negative posts over and over and ignore those that confirm refunds are being made.

OP - I’m glad you’ve had your refund.

agreed - some posters feel the need to post they still don't have their refund multiple times daily 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, recia said:

Apparently not going by cruise date, mine was Crown 3/ 15 and have not seen anything.  Submitted request on 3/13

As they are working from home this is hardly surprising. I'm guessing each person has a "block" of cruises to deal with. There is no way to ensure that they are done in order.

• Like 3

Their announcement today is promising.  I really respect them for answering the tough questions that so many of the other cruise lines like to ignore.  They detail what they're doing to make changes so the refunds get out quicker too.  That is transparency!  If only RCI/Celebrity were like that too!

• Like 2

I'd be interested in knowing how many of those who filed chargebacks have been made whole versus how many who waited the 60 days got their money back.  I wonder if their files got pulled from the queue so they would go to another department that deals with chargebacks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Patrick B said:

Try booking a dummy cruise and list him. You'll see his FCC before you accept / put on hold. Itll be there

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

We are hoping it is true what they posted too but also we remember being told 30 days, then 60 days and 90 days....so hopefully it is happening and not just a ploy to stop people from filing disputes with their credit card companies.....

Right on schedule!🤥

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

As they are working from home this is hardly surprising. I'm guessing each person has a "block" of cruises to deal with. There is no way to ensure that they are done in order.

But that is what they said they were doing, just can't trust what they say.  Also, I call yesterday, person said my cruise was being worked on, then after a hesitation said well it may be a while.  so what that does that mean.  

2 minutes ago, recia said:

But that is what they said they were doing, just can't trust what they say.  Also, I call yesterday, person said my cruise was being worked on, then after a hesitation said well it may be a while.  so what that does that mean.  

The thread is showing that more and more people are beginning to get their refunds.  Why not relax, have a nice glass of wine and just wait for the refund which is coming?  Many posters have created this atmosphere that refunds weren't going to happen and Princess is just keeping the money since they already have it.  This thread shows this is not the case.  Be well!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, recia said:

It means that your life will likely be better if you chill and wait. Stressing about something you have no control over isn't good for you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2