GOT REFUND TODAY

shipndip60

Just received today after requesting an update on our refund from the Personal Vacation Planner at Princess.

Given the volume of requests and the care being dedicated to make sure each booking is handled accurately, we appreciate your patience during this time. Refunds will be processed and prioritized by sailing date of the cancelled voyage (earliest ones first) and FCCs will be created in the order of when the guest preference was received. Please know that we are doing everything in our power to expedite where possible.

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

who knows who is a Princess corporate plant on these boards anyway.

Oy veh....reverting to that theory again.

Didn't you accuse me of being related to the CEO, or was that another conspiracy nut!?

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Oy veh....reverting to that theory again.

Didn't you accuse me of being related to the CEO, or was that another conspiracy nut!?

well, you did get your pics just posted - very nice 🦄😉🍻

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 10:11 PM, CineGraphic said:

With so many Princess loyalists talking about never sailing with them again, some of us poor schlubs with less than a million nights might finally qualify for the most traveled passenger brunch.

LOL...you comment gives me hope that I might be able to qualify for most traveled passenger some day.  Love your humor.  

1 hour ago, rickays said:

Perhaps I'm a half glass full type of person, not a pessimist like some who only see bad in everything.  I am owed refunds on 3 cancelled cruises, so I am also waiting for thousands.  Also waiting on refund from Delta, they have been altering the time for my refund just the same as Princess.  I have friends waiting on refunds from other cruise lines.  I'm also waiting for other businesses to fulfil orders placed.  Everyone is taking longer to get things done.

And yes, I know there may never be a vaccine - BUT I'M NOT A PESSIMIST - I prefer to live my life with hope 🌈🛳️

FYI..Just called Princess tonight.  Haven't gotten any e mails everyone seems to be getting..haven't gotten any FCC that  others from my cruise did get already and of course..no refund.  Sent in request Mar 23 for Mar 21 cruise.  Surprise...my account had no information regarding an option choice..so Princess would automatically sent option 1 in about 90 days from sail date.  Plus the cruise was not even listed as cancelled on the account??? whatever that means. So calling to check might not be a bad idea.

10 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

FYI..Just called Princess tonight.  Haven't gotten any e mails everyone seems to be getting..haven't gotten any FCC that  others from my cruise did get already and of course..no refund.  Sent in request Mar 23 for Mar 21 cruise.  Surprise...my account had no information regarding an option choice..so Princess would automatically sent option 1 in about 90 days from sail date.  Plus the cruise was not even listed as cancelled on the account??? whatever that means. So calling to check might not be a bad idea.

Thanks Brandee - I have received FCC for 1 cruise, just waiting on refund to cc, that was for cruise 22/3 so I know they have my request.  Will wait a bit longer, credit card refunds look like they are starting to move.  I think the working from home is a big headache for everybody.  I know my nephew who is in IT has had a lot of problems setting up laptops to access the company information, he says it not just a matter of giving staff a laptop and wifi.  He must set up each laptop seperately, to access only certain information, and must make sure staff home wifi is secure etc as they need to make sure no personal information can be hacked from those staff working from home.  I'm sure everyone on these threads would not like their account information and credit card details to get out on the big wide web, so I'm sure Carnival have to make sure their staff have secure internet etc. too.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, rickays said:

Thanks Brandee - I have received FCC for 1 cruise, just waiting on refund to cc, that was for cruise 22/3 so I know they have my request.  Will wait a bit longer, credit card refunds look like they are starting to move.  I think the working from home is a big headache for everybody.  I know my nephew who is in IT has had a lot of problems setting up laptops to access the company information, he says it not just a matter of giving staff a laptop and wifi.  He must set up each laptop seperately, to access only certain information, and must make sure staff home wifi is secure etc as they need to make sure no personal information can be hacked from those staff working from home.  I'm sure everyone on these threads would not like their account information and credit card details to get out on the big wide web, so I'm sure Carnival have to make sure their staff have secure internet etc. too.

I know they are  in the middle of a massive task.  The Princess Rep was very helpful.  She said the company hired more staff to refund just this week.  Also said refunds for pre paid tours, restaurants, spa treatments will come separately.  She  tried to see about the OBC ($1000) from the Mar 8th cruise and said it was hard for her to actually get into the file.  That refund arrived 3 weeks ago, so of course, I assumed both refund requests were received the same day.  But..the Mar 8th cruise options 1 and 2 became an automatic 100% refund... so option requests had no bearing.

16 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

Just received today after requesting an update on our refund from the Personal Vacation Planner at Princess.

Given the volume of requests and the care being dedicated to make sure each booking is handled accurately, we appreciate your patience during this time. Refunds will be processed and prioritized by sailing date of the cancelled voyage (earliest ones first) and FCCs will be created in the order of when the guest preference was received. Please know that we are doing everything in our power to expedite where possible.

In the webinar Thursday, it was stated that was the original plan, but proved too cumbersome so it is no longer by sail date order. They did not say what order it is in how.

They did say that many reps do not know about the change from sail date order.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

In the webinar Thursday, it was stated that was the original plan, but proved too cumbersome so it is no longer by sail date order. They did not say what order it is in how.

So the "no particular order and let's not bother to keep our own people and our customers apprised" approach is better?

6 hours ago, caribill said:

I don't want to change the nature of this thread, but I just had to comment that this has always been my main complaint with Princess: Corporate communications is sub standard.  This is why answers and procedures differ from one employee to another.  There is no standardization and follow up for adherence to standards.

• Like 1

Refund back to my credit card was posted yesterday; exactly 60 days from the date I submitted the online form request selecting Option 2. EDIT: the refund back to my credit card matches my PIF booking to the exact dollar except for $200.00; the amount of the $100 ea. FCD I used to make the deposit for the voyage. Refund for prepaid gratuities posted yesterday too.

Edited by muffydawg
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'm actually happy to report I got about a third of my refund back today for my April sailing and I'm hopeful the remainder of it is on its way soon.  

While I don't think Princess has been very honest or communicative about many of its dealings throughout this crisis, I do think they read these boards and those on FB and realized the extent of the complete and utter frustration by many of those that could be their repeat customers.  Holding on to their customer's money any longer may have been seen as an unwise move.  

Hoping to see some movement soon on the remainder of my one refunds due as well as the one for my May cruise, that was also canceled.  After that, I will just need to get my gift cards reinstated and a refund or reinstatement of two on my FCDs.  Alas, I may still have a cruise or two that are in the crosshairs for cancellation.  Fingers crossed that won't happen!! 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I'm actually happy to report I got about a third of my refund back today for my April sailing and I'm hopeful the remainder of it is on its way soon.  

While I don't think Princess has been very honest or communicative about many of its dealings throughout this crisis, I do think they read these boards and those on FB and realized the extent of the complete and utter frustration by many of those that could be their repeat customers.  Holding on to their customer's money any longer may have been seen as an unwise move.  

Hoping to see some movement soon on the remainder of my one refunds due as well as the one for my May cruise, that was also canceled.  After that, I will just need to get my gift cards reinstated and a refund or reinstatement of two on my FCDs.  Alas, I may still have a cruise or two that are in the crosshairs for cancellation.  Fingers crossed that won't happen!! 

Glad to see you got some satisfaction.  Our May cruise was 5/20/2020, cancelled by Princess and our TA on 4/17/2020.  Please come back and let me and others that might be affected by May cruise refunds when you get yours.  Thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Glad for the Happy people that got their refunds. Please don't critisize the frustration felt by those of us who have received nothing. 

I don't see it as criticizing others frustration.  Probably all of us have some level of frustration during this trying time.  The problem I see occurring is that different people have different tolerances for dealing with frustration.  Some very frustrated posters here though are lashing out at the people who aren't screaming mad at Princess.  I also believe that some people are lashing out at others on this thread who waited patiently for their refunds and got them.  We all need to take a deep breath and have some hope for good outcomes.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am very happy the way Princess settled my situation.  Our Mediterranean for Oct was cancelled, we choose option 1 (200%) for FCC.  Our TA suggested that I go online and if I can cancel all our prepaid excursions, which I was able to do. The next day I and found out from my TA it would take 60 -90 days to get the refund.  Found out from my credit card company that I had to put any disputes in before 60 days.  Called credit card company and placed a dispute on the transaction, no problem.  Less than 10 days later I found the dispute was resolved in full :classic_smile:.  Also; had a Western Caribbean cruise in Jan.  An excursion was cancelled (Weather), which resulted in a small credit when we disembarked.  We were to get a check in 4-6 weeks, of course it did not come and was not surprised.  When I sent an email to Princess a received a check the following week, which I will cash today :classic_biggrin:.  And we still plan sailing on our 14 day cruise in Feb 2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Glad to see you got some satisfaction.  Our May cruise was 5/20/2020, cancelled by Princess and our TA on 4/17/2020.  Please come back and let me and others that might be affected by May cruise refunds when you get yours.  Thanks!

I certainly will.  I am only seeing a partial refund for my one cruise as it was paid for on two different credit cards.  The one card already posted it ... the refund on the other card is probably just sitting in pending status for the time being.  Some are probably quicker than others on processing these refunds.   

But again, I will definitely come back and relay information regarding refunds for my May sailing ... only one credit card used in conjunction with an FCD and gift card.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 12:45 PM, shipndip60 said:

Like everyone else I have been waiting for my refund to show up on my cc,  I have been checking everyday and to my surprise when I checked today there it was.  My cruise was on the Emerald Princess for March 30th 15 day to Hawaii out of LA  Princess canceled this cruise I submitted my form on the 12th of April and chose option 2.  I received the FCC April 28 and today received all of my cruise fare to my cc today.  So hang in there it looks like Princess is doing right by all of us I like lots of you got tired of waiting but it looks like things will start to look up.  Please Don't jump ship I think we will all be back onboard sooner than later.  Good luck to everyone and hang in.😃

Happy you got refund. We were on the same cruise and originally chose option 2 March 12th, but changed our minds and resubmitted the form for option 1 on March 13th which was acknowledged on March 14th. We subsequently rebooked a new cruise on March 19th and requested a booking transfer to our TA on March 20th which was confirmed. Unfortunately, we haven't received our FCC and now the TA is threatening to cancel the booking because they haven't seen payment. I've been resisting calling Princess and am prepared to waiting a few more days, but my patience is not infinite.