Check your cruise planners--2 of next year had some good price drops

That should say two of my cruises for next year.  

I had checked my other cruises this morning (Jan 10 on Oasis and March 7 the on Freedom) and the prices were still the crazy high prices many of have been seeing such as $77 to $89 for DBP or $39 for The Key (hahaha!)  Well this evening I looked and the drink package for the March 7th Freedom is $46 and The Key is $12.99.  I don't think I've ever seen the Key that low.  For Oasis on Jan 10th, prices are more than that, but still much less.  $53 for DBP, $19.00 for Key and great deals on multi-device packages for Voom.  I've posted on the roll calls, but wanted to alert people to check their own sailings to see there are some deals to be had for your cruises.  I'm happy to give the some money they can use right now if I'm getting deals like that on things I normally purchase anyway.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 4

This is just the cynic in me, but maybe they know those cruises are going to be canceled and they’re just trying to get people to spend money and bring in revenue. I doubt they have any plans that far into the future right now though. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

This is just the cynic in me, but maybe they know those cruises are going to be canceled and they’re just trying to get people to spend money and bring in revenue. I doubt they have any plans that far into the future right now though. 

Yep, I had a cruise canceled during today's batch.  But I'm totally fine with booking things for my January and March cruises if there are some great discounts, especially if I see it go even lower and I can cancel and buy at the lower price.  By jumping on the wifi packages (Surf AND Stream) I got an average price of $43 for the week, per person, that's a solid deal when sailing with tweens/teens who will be posting photos, making tik toks and texting their friends to share all the fun they are having.    

Edited by rockmom

2 hours ago, rockmom said:

I had checked my other cruises this morning (Jan 10 on Oasis and March 7 the on Freedom) and the prices were still the crazy high prices many of have been seeing such as $77 to $89 for DBP or $39 for The Key (hahaha!)  Well this evening I looked and the drink package for the March 7th Freedom is $46 and The Key is $12.99.  I don't think I've ever seen the Key that low.  For Oasis on Jan 10th, prices are more than that, but still much less.  $53 for DBP, $19.00 for Key and great deals on multi-device packages for Voom.  I've posted on the roll calls, but wanted to alert people to check their own sailings to see there are some deals to be had for your cruises.  I'm happy to give the some money they can use right now if I'm getting deals like that on things I normally purchase anyway.  

Thanks.  Just checked our March cruise and the prices for the refreshment, soda and 2 device internet were all right around the low point that I had been able to get them on previous ships. Still need to wait for the UDP to come down though.

whats even nicer is that I have a ton of OBC so that covered it all with enough remaining to buy the UDP.  Finding a cheaper price later is great...the OBC goes immediately back to your account and you can repurchase immediately...no waiting for the refund to the credit card 

• Like 1

Had the same thing happen for march cruise on vision. Was like $72, and now down to $43. It's an 11 night cruise so for 2 people it is still $1,100. 

Problem is i am getting surgery this july. And then another surgery this fall. So drinking will be out for a long-time. I dread to call for us to purchase the deluxe and soda pkg. 

9 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Had the same thing happen for march cruise on vision. Was like $72, and now down to $43. It's an 11 night cruise so for 2 people it is still $1,100. 

Problem is i am getting surgery this july. And then another surgery this fall. So drinking will be out for a long-time. I dread to call for us to purchase the deluxe and soda pkg. 

You will most likely have to get the refreshment package with the deluxe not the soda.

My April 4, 2021 cruise still sits at $71 pp for the beverage package. I read somewhere it’s for sailing March 31,2021 and before. Too bad, I was willing to buy if the price was right but $71 is still too expensive. 

Darn - I think my July 2021 cruise is too far out.  Those prices haven't changed.  I remember someone saying at some point that the big sales are if your cruise is within 9 months or so but I don't know if that's true.  At any rate mine are still the same!  

51 minutes ago, brucefan21 said:

Darn - I think my July 2021 cruise is too far out.  Those prices haven't changed.  I remember someone saying at some point that the big sales are if your cruise is within 9 months or so but I don't know if that's true.  At any rate mine are still the same!  

My Oct '21 cruise on Freedom still has crazy high prices, just my Jan on Oasis and March on Freedom cruises saw the big drop last night.  I try and be a daily stalker, it only takes a couple of minutes to check.

Thank you!! I jumped right on my cruise planner and made the purchases. I was also a bit skeptical about their motives but think they just want cash flow now. Either way, I'd kick myself if I didnt purchase at these low prices whatever the reasoning may be. So thank you for the heads up! 

• Like 2

We went on this morning for our 11 night south pacific cruise on the 23rd March.

We got the drinks package at £36 per person, it was over £55, when I looked last week.

We had some credit from our original cruise being cancelled (not corona related) so used that and paid for the rest. With our credit it works out £21 per person per day. So a proper bargain for us. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the heads up - just saved $.   BUT, when others in our party went to book the same DBP right after I gave them the heads up (15 minutes after I purchased the DBP) - the price was back to its regular $89

1 hour ago, pasodancer said:

Thank you for the heads up - just saved $.   BUT, when others in our party went to book the same DBP right after I gave them the heads up (15 minutes after I purchased the DBP) - the price was back to its regular $89

That's weird!  

2 hours ago, pasodancer said:

Try again.  I see that from time to time.  It usually indicates that later that same day the price will change again.  They may be adjusting some part of it and it goes to full price while they are making a change.

On 5/20/2020 at 8:32 PM, rockmom said:

Thanks for the information

I just purchased the Key for my February 2021 cruise for $12.99 a person.  I have never seen it this cheap.  I don't usually bother as I like the little ships and don't see how the key is justified where the only benefit is the lunch and internet (we usually board around 2) but this pays for itself with the lunch and the internet.  

Edited by jean87510

14 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I just purchased the Key for my February 2021 cruise for $12.99 a person.  I have never seen it this cheap.  I don't usually bother as I like the little ships and don't see how the key is justified where the only benefit is the lunch and internet (we usually board around 2) but this pays for itself with the lunch and the internet.  

Yep, at $12.99 I couldn't resist The Key for my Freedom sailing in March.  I used it on Allure last year (paid $19.99) and we felt it was worth it.  I didn't think I'd buy it for anything other than Oasis Class and even then, wouldn't pay over $20.  But heck, at $12.99 it's a no brainer with the Surf & Stream and lunch.  I like the priority disembarkation at ports a lot, that's very handy when you have an excursion with a 3rd party and not through Royal.  

11 hours ago, csnarpy said:

Just checked my Freedom cruise for Dec and loved seeing a $39 Bevy package, $18 Refreshment package and $75 for 3 night dining package.

SOLD!

Family is happy now! lol

Wow, $39!  That's awesome.  It dropped to $53 for our March sailing on Freedom, not terrible, but I'm hoping it goes lower.  We did get the teen girls the refreshment package for $20 and I'll watch for that to drop to hopefully $18 too.  

2 minutes ago, Lolo65 said:

Hi sorry new to cruising how do we check our cruise planner? Due to go on Quantum of the seas in October. Also what does UDP mean.

Login into your sailing at the RCI site. Ultimate Dining Plan - one of the dining options in the Planner.