"New" MSC Seashore YC pool.

KyleClark

28 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

Deck 20 will be the pool deck

What he said ... 😁 Currently they are using Seaside deck plans, when you choose a certain cabin the numbers are either not there or show up as a different cabin category.

Edited by sidari

I wish MSC would publish the full deck plans, as there are quite a few differences and a complete reworking of public areas.  Right now only the decks with cabins have been published.  

2 hours ago, eroller said:

I wish MSC would publish the full deck plans, as there are quite a few differences and a complete reworking of public areas.  Right now only the decks with cabins have been published.  

They kept Seaside info/top deck info from us, too. Frustrating but not a dealbreaker.

Now, does anyone have any Europa info. 🤫

It indicates that cabin's balcony has a half metal and half glass railing.  In this forward position meaning the lower half will be metal and the upper section will be glass.

• Thanks 1

My TA called this morning and asked about the YC pool deck.  They had no idea but said "there should be at least a private sun deck".  

I can't see MSC taking away the YC pool/sundeck area.  For the price we pay I can't see the YC guests being expected to go use the overly crowded main pool area.  Just my opinion.  

We are looking to book the transatlantic in Nov 2021 so hopefully there is a YC pool deck.

Granted this is the design they have right now and could always change during the build, but it looks like it'll just be a deck higher, with a similar layout.  Also looks like the YC pool area is absorbing the Top 19 Aurea area for more seating ability, as its now completely closed off from the rest of the ship.

MSC-seashore.jpg

I wonder if this means the Aurea area might be relocated.  I see there is a glass divider right around the glass retractable ceiling to the indoor pool, I wonder if that area is where it will be now, with the Aurea bar under that overhang created from the new YC extension?

Edited by Beardface

4 hours ago, Beardface said:

Granted this is the design they have right now and could always change during the build, but it looks like it'll just be a deck higher, with a similar layout.  Also looks like the YC pool area is absorbing the Top 19 Aurea area for more seating ability, as its now completely closed off from the rest of the ship.

MSC-seashore.jpg

Yes I think the only major difference with the YC pool deck is that it will be one deck higher. 

The biggest changes with SEASHORE will be inside.  A complete reworking of the general arrangement of public space.  I believe only one buffet instead of two, and completely new aft facing lounge, and many other changes.  

16 hours ago, eroller said:

ER ... The current deckplans on the MSC website are of Seaside, when you do a dummy booking for a YC Inside the cabin numbers include a YC Deluxe and an RS but shown as Inside cabins.

11 minutes ago, sidari said:

ER ... The current deckplans on the MSC website are of Seaside, when you do a dummy booking for a YC Inside the cabin numbers include a YC Deluxe and an RS but shown as Inside cabins.

On the US site at least, the deck plans are actually of SEASHORE .. but they are incomplete.  Only the decks with cabins are shown.  Here is a comparison of Deck 16 (see attached).  On SEASHORE you can see a massive new buffet that takes up almost the entire deck.  

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 2.44.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 2.42.01 PM.png

• Thanks 1

BB ... There will be three YC decks on Seashore then the YC pool deck on top. There are two decks of YC on Seaside and seaview. There will also be additional cabins elsewhere.

ER ... Hard to believe after such a long time of Seaside and Seaview sailing but the UK website still does not show Deck 19  for either ship!  When you click on "go to our cruises" then Ships and choose either of the two ships and scroll down to the Deck plans they only go to 18.

Just did a dummy Seashore booking on the US site and it has the same issues re wrong cabin numbers as the UK site, when the cabin numbers come up the ship shown says Seaside ... 🤣

Edited by sidari

21 minutes ago, sidari said:

ER ... Hard to believe after such a long time of Seaside and Seaview sailing but the UK website still does not show Deck 19  for either ship!  When you click on "go to our cruises" then Ships and choose either of the two ships and scroll down to the Deck plans they only go to 18.

Just did a dummy Seashore booking on the US site and it has the same issues re wrong cabin numbers as the UK site, when the cabin numbers come up the ship shown says Seaside ... 🤣

lol.  So typical MSC!  

I’m not sure what deck plan is loaded into the booking engine, but the deck plans for SEASHORE on the main MSC USA site appear to be correct.  Of course there is no telling when the missing public decks will be added.  I remember how long it took for Deck 19 to show for SEASIDE.  Thankfully it does show on the US site now.  

10 minutes ago, sidari said:

I looked on the US site and it has the same deck plan as the UK site with 18 decks.

Interesting.  They must have removed it when they redid the site.  It was there though in the past.  

At least the SEASHORE deck plans are there and are definitely different than SEASIDE.  

10 minutes ago, eroller said:

lol.  So typical MSC!  

I’m not sure what deck plan is loaded into the booking engine, but the deck plans for SEASHORE on the main MSC USA site appear to be correct.  Of course there is no telling when the missing public decks will be added.  I remember how long it took for Deck 19 to show for SEASIDE.  Thankfully it does show on the US site now.  

There's probably a good chance they don't have firm information on the actual layout of the ship right now.  Many ships nowadays are kind of designed on the fly, and it would not shock me if this is the case with the Seashore, given the big changes they are trying to make, so there is no actual deck plan to show.

My wife and I originally booked on the NCL Encore for what would have been this week before we flipped to the Seaside last year, and we didn't have a firm deck plan for it until about a year ago now for a ship that was supposed to sail in November.  And that ship was just adding pieces from the ships of that class that came before, and when we booked we were told to use the deck plan of the Joy for reference.  I have no idea how they would have booked rooms on a deck they were adding.

4 minutes ago, Beardface said:

There's probably a good chance they don't have firm information on the actual layout of the ship right now.  Many ships nowadays are kind of designed on the fly, and it would not shock me if this is the case with the Seashore, given the big changes they are trying to make, so there is no actual deck plan to show.

Anything is certainly possible, but I think the general arrangement is finalized fairly early on to the shipyard.  Changes can be made but there are hefty penalties involved by the shipyard at a certain stage in the building process.  Also MSC have publicly announced many of the changes to SEASHORE and have even stated they reworked (enhanced) the general layout.  For whatever reason they have not updated the deck plans.  Like many lines with new ships, they do this on purpose because they are not ready to reveal certain aspects of the design yet, and want to build anticipation.  Some lines (Royal & Celebrity and others) will release the deck plan in a series of reveals.  Usually all the cabin decks are released first because of course those are needed to book.  

In the case of MSC it's anyones guess.  They generally beat to their own drum.  Sometimes I think they just forget to do things.  LOL. With so many cruise line employees now laid off or furloughed, I wonder how much attention some of this stuff will get?  Some lines have been better than others, but the lines that were poor at details like this will probably only get worse with a much smaller workforce.