30 Days, 60 Days, 90 Days, Do I Hear 120?

SargassoPirate

On 6/11/2020 at 3:01 PM, WF2747 said:

We had cancelled our August cruise back in early April about a month before Princess cancelled this and other cruises, so I am wondering if our refund will get lost in the deluge of all the cancellations that were made a month later.  Anyone have a similar situation?  Past the 60 days now.

We canceled our Enchanted July 1 cruise on March 15, also before Princess canceled. (They knew then the ship would never be ready). So tomorrow is day 90. Nothing yet.  When I called 3 weeks ago to check on another cruise I asked about our Enchanted refund. I was told “ it shows as Processed so it should be in your cc account very soon.”  Nope. 

I am now at Day 107 since I put in a claim for airfares home when Princess cancelled my cruise halfway through.   Because it is a reimbursement of flights I have actually taken, I cannot put in a credit card dispute.     Quick to assure us they would pay the cost of new flights home, but very slow to actually pay up.

By way of update, on day 95 with zip from Princess, my credit card company revised the provisional refund to a permanent refund.   The credit card company gave Princess a deadline to respond and when they didn't - bingo, I got my final payment back.

Princess is still on the hook for my down payment, which was made so long ago that I couldn't dispute the charge with the credit card company.  Hopefully, they'll eventually settle up, but at least I got over $9K back in the coffers.

The credit card company clock has now stopped, but the Princess clock is still ticking away.  Day 97 today.......

I did not do a dispute on the cruisetour that was over $12,000 and it's 92 days. I took the FCC of 125% and nothing so far. I did a dispute on two other cruises and one was credited back one was not. I'm going to call citibank today and resubmit a claim. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 4:24 PM, travellover39 said:

Received credit for cruise to our credit card and FCC to our Princess account.. Still waiting for taxes, fees and port expenses credit.No e-mail received, found it it by checking our accounts. Took 60 days (5/29) from cruise departure date (3/29)

To follow up on my 6/11/2020 post @taxes, fees and port charges, received refund on my credit card. Sent a email to Princess Cruises @ this charge a few days later got the refund of port charges and fees. I’m happy now. My cruise was March 29,2020.

• 3 weeks later...

1st cruise: 134 days and bonus FCC still pndg. Received cash back in 4 days. 

2nd cruise: done

3rd cruise: (which was a transfer from my 'real' 1st cruise): just waiting 44 days

Received refund & FCC for 1st cruise.  Did receive refund on 2nd cruise, but it's now been 131 days waiting for FCC.  Already booked 2021 cruise & paid deposit, 1st FCC has been applied.  Not paying more until additional FCC hits.    Agree with loving goldens---it's not that much money, but getting more frustrated by the second.  

• Like 1

So 130 days since cancellation 3/20/20 for Alaskan cruise for 2 cabins. They finally finished one of the booking but not the other. Today she told me that she was going to escalate this to manager since bookings were linked and should’ve been done together. LOL, that is what I was told at day 90 about both bookings. I got frustrated today because of her attitude, she could’ve cared less if things really got done. This would've been our 1st cruise with Princess, Everyone said go with Princess they do Alaska best. Wish I had stuck with Carnival, at least I could use these gift cards next year on already booked cruises. 🤣

I think Princess is purposely twiddling their thumbs instead of trying to complete my refunds. They still owe me for taxes and fees plus the amount of one pending dispute.

That pending dispute is supposed to resolve in my favor on August 8 if Princess does not respond first.  (Amex tells me Princess got an extra 60 days to answer because the dispute was filed more than 60 days after the initial billing...so Amex is allowing Princess 90 days from my dispute date).  I think Princess sees that as a free timeout during which they don’t have to do anything.  They are just running out the clock.  I’ll let you know if play ever resumes. 🏈