30 Days, 60 Days, 90 Days, Do I Hear 120?

SargassoPirate

Today is day 90 after I received my Princess Booking Compensation Receipt that confirmed my choice of Option 2.  So far, all I have received from Princess is two emails with recipes and marketing emails enticing me to book another cruise - but no refund. They are sitting on over $9,000 of my money.

Cruise with confidence?  We are Elite with Princess, but I'm becoming increasingly confident that Princess won't be my first choice when we start cruising again.  

I want my money!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Thanks Carol.  I've already filed a dispute with Citi.  There are twenty more days to run in that dispute period, so if princess doesn't respond to me, maybe they'll respond to the credit card company.

You might keep an eye on the dispute. Our was 60 days and for whatever reason, it was resolved at day #51. It was about 5 days later before I just happen to sign on to our account, and went to review it, as did not receive any email from Citi, that it was resolved on 6/3 I think it was, and still have not. The status just changed to close and noted it was permanent.

• Like 1

Just passed the 90-day mark.  We chose Opt. 1--nothing yet.  Have called Princess at least 3 times during this mess...today, I'm calling again.  Our PCC advised our FCC's have not been "set up" yet, then proceeded to tell me she'll be happy to help with future cruise planning--told her we have 1 cruise booked for 2021, but will not pay one more red cent until those FCC's hit our account.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They have over $13,000 of my money and it's 86 days of their using my money as an interest free loan.  Because some of the money is a gift card I will use it on an already booked cruise next year and then GOOD BYE to Princess. My confidence is shattered.

• Like 5

Day 92 for me and still no refund or FCC. I filed a dispute around day 75 and have provisional credits on my cards and Paypal ruled in my favour for shorex. After several attempts trying to resolve with Princess by email and phone, I have received different answers/promises/explanations from every rep or supervisor I spoke with. I finally gave up trying and will let my bank take over. I originally chose option 1 but after this incompetence I am now requesting a full refund. They can keep the FCC as I no longer care if I sail with them or not (and Princess have always been MY line....).

In contrast, my cancelled sailings with Carnival, NCL, and RCCL (all later sailings than Princess) have all been refunded. I know which lines I will be "sticking with" when things resume.

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

does that also mean you won't be recommending Princess to future clients ?

Most of my clients (I only work with people I know or referrals from people I know) already have their preferred line or know who they want to cruise with. If that is Princess, I will book them. My clients best interest are my priority. If they did ask who I would recommend, it would no longer be Princess. I have been impressed with the way Celebrity have come through during this time (though did not have any cancellations with them personally) and would likely suggest them over Princess going forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Most of my clients (I only work with people I know or referrals from people I know) already have their preferred line or know who they want to cruise with. If that is Princess, I will book them. My clients best interest are my priority. If they did ask who I would recommend, it would no longer be Princess. I have been impressed with the way Celebrity have come through during this time (though did not have any cancellations with them personally) and would likely suggest them over Princess going forward.

Today is day 88 since I submitted my Option 2 request.  At least I received my goodwill FCC and refund for expired FCDs.   But still waiting for remainder of my refund.  Princess has been so disorganized during this whole refund process and their communication not consistent.  The rep I spoke with yesterday was so condescending when she asked me if I had disputed the charge.  Well...yeah, i was concerned about the refund, your communication was inconsistent.  Anyway, she told me that I won't be getting the refund from Princess and that I'll be getting it from the credit card company because they did the chargeback and took the money from Princes.  I chatted with Citi and they said that if Princess doesn't respond, they will close the dispute in my favor on 6/29.  When i submitted my dispute, Citi said Princess had until 7/14 to respond so I don't know why the date has moved up. But I'm happy about that. 

We had always thought about giving Celebrity a try in the past.  When we are able to safely cruise again, we will definitely give them a try.

7 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Today is day 90 after I received my Princess Booking Compensation Receipt that confirmed my choice of Option 2.

While not the same as an actual cruise booking, I requested refund of our Future Cruise Deposits Mar 30.  We got them credited back to our credit card exactly 70 days later.

They're working on it.  In no particular order, it seems.

• Like 1

I feel for those of you who have yet to receive a refund. I’m one of the lucky ones who recently received mine but that still doesn’t mean Princess hasn’t burned a bridge with me.  Their handling of this situation has been nothing short of pathetic. They have lost me as a customer. I’m fairly certain I’m not alone in my decision.  Anyhow, my hope is that everyone gets their refund soon - hang in there. 

• Like 6

By contrast, we cancelled a cruise with Viking Ocean for next year.  Received our deposit back within a few days.  A couple of weeks later we also received two $500 vouchers for Viking Ocean or Viking River cruises.  A complete surprise and a goodwill gesture that will bump them to the top of the list when we return to cruising.

Sorry, Princess.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

This has been, so far, an expensive lesson in customer loyalty.

• Like 6

Called Princess--this is at least the 4th time and now day 91.  Once again, the rep I spoke with seemed overwhelmed/confused and definitely not up to speed.   She told us our refund was processed 6/9 (yesterday) --and would take a few days to show up on the CC (we'll see how THAT goes).  The ironic thing is we chose Opt. 1 for the higher value of 150% FCC, BUT they screwed up and have no record of the form we filled out and got a confirmation receipt for on 3/13.   When I questioned her about that, she said "well, maybe I can send an email to that dept. and request they change it back to Opt. 1"....we figured this would be another 90 days, so we said forget it, we'll just take the refund.  Then I asked about the 25% FCC we should receive for Pause 1 (5/9 cruise date)...at first she said we weren't entitled to that....after insisting, she finally said, "oh, that's right, you do get 25% FCC".

Princess is so messed up (being kind), I don't know if after the 2021 cruise we have booked, will want to bother sailing with them any more in the future.  It's really a shame, because we have enjoyed the Princess cruises we have taken in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is in no way to excuse Princess' actions, but I wonder if those now waiting beyond 90 days correlates with those who filed CC disputes with their banks (as several of the very recent posts above indicate).  When Princess is notified of a dispute, it has just bought them time since they can suspend the refund to the CC they presumably would have processed within 90 days and now just ride out the full dispute period before the bank closes the case and charges back.  Hence they end up buying even more time to hang on to cash.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This is in no way to excuse Princess' actions, but I wonder if those now waiting beyond 90 days correlates with those who filed CC disputes with their banks (as several of the very recent posts above indicate).  When Princess is notified of a dispute, it has just bought them time since they can suspend the refund to the CC they presumably would have processed within 90 days and now just ride out the full dispute period before the bank closes the case and charges back.  Hence they end up buying even more time to hang on to cash.

I doubt it. I was an 89 dayer and there were several on my 2 sailings who were settled the same week mine was and they did not dispute. I did. A lot of those that are taking awhile are those of us who cancelled before the Pause and also those sailings in March that happened right when the pause happened. I waited pretty long before I disputed.

I waited around 75 days before I disputed. I thought that was more than adequate. They paid on day 89.

I think they just have an inefficient system.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

it would no longer be Princess. I have been impressed with the way Celebrity have come through during this time (though did not have any cancellations with them personally) and would likely suggest them over Princess going forward.

My Celebrity cruise was cancelled on March 25 so we are about 75 days since cancellation, and no sign of refund. The shore excursion charges were refunded a few weeks ago.

Based on the refund status I don't rate Celebrity any better or worse than Princess. Both are pathetically slow with refunds, continued to sell cruises that had no chance of sailing, and both treated customers with contempt.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I haven't filed a CC dispute and I have not received a refund. I have received the FCC.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, leck57 said:

My Celebrity cruise was cancelled on March 25 so we are about 75 days since cancellation, and no sign of refund. The shore excursion charges were refunded a few weeks ago.

Based on the refund status I don't rate Celebrity any better or worse than Princess. Both are pathetically slow with refunds, continued to sell cruises that had no chance of sailing, and both treated customers with contempt.

Sorry to hear that. I haven't had any direct experience with the Celebrity refunds but I do know they are making life easier for TAs having to deal with it as TAs can access the refund status online, as well as lift and shift bookings to other dates and apply FCC as deposits. 

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yeah, I was wondering the same.  And it’s what the Princess rep seemed to indicate.  But many here on CC have disputed and received their refund more quickly than I.  My mom hasn’t disputed and we were on the same cruise.  She has received nothing...not even goodwill FCC. I at least received that.  No rhyme or reason. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Today is day 90 after I received my Princess Booking Compensation Receipt that confirmed my choice of Option 2.  So far, all I have received from Princess is two emails with recipes and marketing emails enticing me to book another cruise - but no refund. They are sitting on over $9,000 of my money.

Cruise with confidence?  We are Elite with Princess, but I'm becoming increasingly confident that Princess won't be my first choice when we start cruising again.  

I want my money!

I received my full cash refund a couple of days ago.  I am elite, like you, and I had close to five figures involved.  Hang in there.  I was close to 90 days.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

By contrast, we cancelled a cruise with Viking Ocean for next year.  Received our deposit back within a few days.  A couple of weeks later we also received two $500 vouchers for Viking Ocean or Viking River cruises.  A complete surprise and a goodwill gesture that will bump them to the top of the list when we return to cruising.

Sorry, Princess.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

This has been, so far, an expensive lesson in customer loyalty.

Thanks for sharing.  Good to know.

I chose Option 1 on day 92..never did cc dispute but thinking i will.. this was going to be our first with Princess... not impressed.. we already received our FCC from celerity (70 days).. and that cruise was the week before  cancelled March 10 2020... Princess cancelled March 13...  so frustrating..