Cabin selection on Apex

smmountaingal

34 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Nice balcony but those chairs look very uncomfortable and the tables are small.

We used  one of the chairs just inside the balc doors next to the bed..there was plenty of room for a small seating area ( we had bed by balc) 

Ordered a reg lounger for the outside balcony..no problem!

13 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

They are definitely not suitable for breakfast.

Well that wouldn't work for me as I eat breakfast on my balcony every morning. I love my quiet time. 

For our first EDGE  cruise we noticed that the IV cabins next to or near the jut out cabins would have impaired views ..We had booked  one two doors away from the jut out .so we switched ahead of time to one that looked straight out.  Shortly after  we switched, the cabins right next to jut outs were marked as such. Best cabins are on the jut out hallway,  or not near there.

Cabin selection for EDGE/APEX can  be tricky...use of sticky and research is highly rec.

Edited by hcat

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Well that wouldn't work for me as I eat breakfast on my balcony every morning. I love my quiet time. 

We do too. But we found work arounds. 😉

Though a little aggravating, we didn’t let it spoil our cruise.

There have been many complaints not only from guests, but from staff as well about this. Hopefully someday X will be able to fix this problem. Imo, it has to do with contractual obligations to the designer, which should end eventually.

Edited by C-Dragons

Concerned regarding the jut out cabins and the Magic Carpet. When the carpet is moving, does it come right up next to your cabin balcony or is it an area where there is a walking path and common area. Sorry, I am not doing well with the diagrams I am finding.

The Sky Suites are in this area and I am surprised that paying this price we will be dealing with the Magic carpet. Anyone have information? Thank you.

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

We do too. But we found work arounds. 😉

Though a little aggravating, we didn’t let it spoil our cruise.

There have been many complaints not only from guests, but from staff as well about this. Hopefully someday X will be able to fix this problem. Imo, it has to do with contractual obligations to the designer, which should end eventually.

Hopefully their contract with the designer will end before and if I sail the Edge class ships. As I posted previously I was looking forward to the itinerary on the Apex that was cancelled but not the ship itself. Just spoiled by the S class ships I guess.

2 hours ago, vols52 said:

Concerned regarding the jut out cabins and the Magic Carpet. When the carpet is moving, does it come right up next to your cabin balcony or is it an area where there is a walking path and common area. Sorry, I am not doing well with the diagrams I am finding.

The Sky Suites are in this area and I am surprised that paying this price we will be dealing with the Magic carpet. Anyone have information? Thank you.

We have 8240 on one cruise and 8242 on another. I’ve searched the sticky but can find no entry for either of these cabins. Like you I can’t work out if we are near the Magic Carpet by looking at the deck plans. Anyone have any info on either of these cabins. 

24 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We have 8240 on one cruise and 8242 on another. I’ve searched the sticky but can find no entry for either of these cabins. Like you I can’t work out if we are near the Magic Carpet by looking at the deck plans. Anyone have any info on either of these cabins. 

Neither are near the Magic Carpet...

Look at the deck plans and note the four sky suites that stick out on the Starboard side midship on each deck...the corners of those are the MC tracks...When the MC goes up and down, it passes so that the ends are at about the fourth cabin to either side...but out from those cabins...

Edited by Bruin Steve

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I am with Ride-The-Waves.....stick with the S class ships for their wide selection of balconies.  

Agree.  love the S class ships. I only booked the Apex for the itinerary and it was also super expensive so in a way not that disappointed we didn't sail on her.  Haven't read great reviews about the IV cabins just so spoiled with the S class ships and also Sky lounge where I spent some time in the evening socializing with new friends I meet onboard. 

8 hours ago, vols52 said:

Book a sky suite  away from this area....costs more but no worries about MC or views.   That's what we did!

7 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Hopefully their contract with the designer will end before and if I sail the Edge class ships. As I posted previously I was looking forward to the itinerary on the Apex that was cancelled but not the ship itself. Just spoiled by the S class ships I guess.

Hope designer Hoppen goes soon.   Too many useless pillows and fake coral.  On Day 1 we have our attendant remove this  junk and the fake vase ( it says don't fill with water),  We replace with a few lovely floral arrangements..they work well in the niche.

Hope when designer goes, they ditch the munchkin chairs in EDEN and uncomfy chairs in the cabin!

EDGE does have an amazIng art collection...can't wait to see what do on APEX!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hope designer Hoppen goes soon.   Too many useless pillows and fake coral.  On Day 1 we have our attendant remove this  junk and the fake vase ( it says don't fill with water),  We replace with a few lovely floral arrangements..they work well in the niche.

Hope when designer goes, they ditch the munchkin chairs in EDEN and uncomfy chairs in the cabin!

EDGE does have an amazIng art collection...can't wait to see what do on APEX!

Pillows!  Not interested in 6 fashion pillows on my bed and god only knows what is on them. I kept putting them in the overhead bins but they kept reappearing until I finally stuffed them under the bed with my suitcase. Problem solved. Do they even wash the pillows between guests?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Pillows!  Not interested in 6 fashion pillows on my bed and god only knows what is on them. I kept putting them in the overhead bins but they kept reappearing until I finally stuffed them under the bed with my suitcase. Problem solved. Do they even wash the pillows between guests?

Who knows what happens with them, that's why when I get to my cabin I ask the cabin steward to remove those extra pillows along with the throw that goes along the bottom of the bed.

• Thanks 1

After reading all those review´s about the Infinity Balcony´s I booked one on board the Apex- as we all know- the Apex is still waiting for her first passengers.

On hinsight- I am almost glad they canceled- when I sail on either Apex or Edge- it is in a regualar balcony cabin.

1 hour ago, nikel said:

Who knows what happens with them, that's why when I get to my cabin I ask the cabin steward to remove those extra pillows along with the throw that goes along the bottom of the bed.

Great point! Perhaps the current situation with Covid 19 will compel X to eliminate the pillows.

6 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

After reading all those review´s about the Infinity Balcony´s I booked one on board the Apex- as we all know- the Apex is still waiting for her first passengers.

On hinsight- I am almost glad they canceled- when I sail on either Apex or Edge- it is in a regualar balcony cabin.

When we booked onboard with the future cruise dept they were adamant that regular balconies were all obstructed unless it was SV or suite. 

22 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

If I sail with X again and the itinerary happens to be on an Edge class ship it will be in a sunset verandah.  The way I look at it is I've already given up three cruises this year so now I can afford to splurge.  Still looking at a 12 night  Mediterranean cruise out of Amsterdam for next September 2021 and the itinerary is fabulous. 

• Like 2

Thanks so much cruisestitch- now the picture get´s a bit more clear. Anyhow I still prefer those over the Infinty cabins with a big window to open. THAT IS NOT A BALCONY in my book. The audacity to sell those as " balcony cabins"- and praising them like wine gone sour . LOL!

• Haha 1

We kept our  IV "sunroom" ( balcony) doors open and made a nice seating area facing inward for our cabin.  It was very pleasant, enlarged the cabin area ..BUT  was useless as a balcony..except for taking a  photo of the sea or port.  If you book AQ Class that is the only cabin type available.   It did include access to the Thermal suites which were very nice;  and dinng in BLU which was just okay due to location and lack of any decent view.

The SV rooms are much larger, and on deck 7 middle they have oversized outside balcs..with a small  overhang for shade..def .room for loungers

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

We kept our  IV "sunroom" ( balcony) doors open and made a nice seating area facing inward for our cabin.  It was very pleasant, enlarged the cabin area ..BUT  was useless as a balcony..except for taking a  photo of the sea or port.  If you book AQ Class that is the only cabin type available.   It did include access to the Thermal suites which were very nice;  and dinng in BLU which was just okay due to location and lack of any decent view.

The SV rooms are much larger, and on deck 7 middle they have oversized outside balcs..with a small  overhang for shade..def .room for loungers

We are doing b2b. First part is a transatlantic and it seems to me that an IV would be fine as usually you don’t get much use of a regular balcony crossing the Atlantic but sitting out with the window partially open sounds pretty nice. However, second leg is the Caribbean and I’m sure a regular balcony would be better. Hoping we may be able to change but right now the difference between an SV and an IV is more than we care to pay. May even cancel the Caribbean when payment becomes due and change back to our beloved Solstice class. But not until we’ve at least tried the Apex though. 

10 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Thanks so much cruisestitch- now the picture get´s a bit more clear. Anyhow I still prefer those over the Infinty cabins with a big window to open. THAT IS NOT A BALCONY in my book. The audacity to sell those as " balcony cabins"- and praising them like wine gone sour . LOL!

On the Apex cruise we were supposed to be on we dropped down from a C2 infinite veranda to a regular verandah and saved a total of $700.  Having the 4 perks it did not make sense to be in a concierge balcony as the only advantage was the boarding lunch.  That would have worked out to 100 bucks a day extra just for an IV. That's crazy.  Whoever thought of this stupid concept needs to be fired. 👎