Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

On 9/10/2021 at 12:06 PM, upwarduk said:

Many thanks for the link. I haven’t yet been sent the email, but I notice that they are often later in the UK.

Survey completed.

The Power Up email has just arrived, so that’s 2 days later than USA.😱

On 9/10/2021 at 8:35 AM, islandwoman said:

Obviously they meant cruise lines. 

How can they assume everyone has sailed multiple cruise lines? How could I reasonably have an opinion about lines I've not sailed? Having only sailed on Celebrity, I would have had to list Celebrity only. That wouldn't have told them much😉

Edited by Silkroad

16 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

How can they assume everyone has sailed multiple cruise lines? How could I reasonably have an opinion about lines I've not sailed? Having only sailed on Celebrity, I would have had to list Celebrity only. That wouldn't have told them much😉

On reflection, maybe Celebrity's Market Department ambiguously phrased that question the way they did on purpose. 

Perhaps we should have gamed them by naming brands that are a lot higher end so we could get them to up their game?

Brands like:

• Snake River Farms (much better beef than we've ever been served on Celebrity - like Gold Grade Wagu - or maybe I should have just put "A5 Wagu Beef" - if you've ever had any, you'd be blown away)
  • Cristal Champagne
  • Russ & Daughters Caviar 
  • Alba White Truffles
  • Carol Shelton Wines
  • Comstock Wines
  • Dutton-Goldfield Wines

As you can see, we're kind of food and wine people! 😏

Cheers!
Bill & Mary

I'm in the camp that thinks they were going for brands in general. They already know we like to cruise, otherwise we wouldn't care about PUPs.  Celebrity has partnership deals with a variety of companies. I imagine many of us remember the threads about how nearly all of us here had no interest whatsoever in Goop. If X has a large enough percentage of respondents (whatever that may be) who mention a certain winery, brewery, shampoo, shoe company, or whatever, they might consider seeking out a partnership with that company.

On another note, with the freeform style of this survery, I did manage to sneak in that I feel they should STOP putting so much pressure on crew to push for highest marks on the customer satifaction surveys, that the ONLY time crew is annoying is when they sound terrified while asking us for top marks. Make managers manage. Don't ask passengers to do managers' jobs for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

I think you should have put down Celebrity three times.  You know, like location, location, location for real estate.  Then they would have seen how you love Celebrity and how loyal you are to them.  maybe you might have gotten an upgrade from them in a future cruise for your answer instead of one point!!😄

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, ExArkie said:

Interesting. The idea that they wanted cruise line brands never even occurred to me. I listed my favorite brands in hotels, airlines, credit cards, and whiskies. My wife listed her favorites in grocery stores (she does most of the grocery shopping at our house and has favorites…I just go for lowest price at acceptable quality), hotels, champagnes, and cars.

My suggestion to anyone offering an opinion poll is to be specific as to what type of information one desires. Or maybe the idea was to see how we interpreted what they wanted from the question…aside from the apparent consensus that it was an asinine question.

I didn't take brands as being cruiselines.  I named some brands that I like.  I'm guessing they use it to see where to advertise.  My answers were Audi, Tumi and Ecco.  Actually, all of those brands are a bit upscale but not too upscale and could be helpful in determining advertising, partnerships, products to offer, etc.

49 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I think you should have put down Celebrity three times.  You know, like location, location, location for real estate.  Then they would have seen how you love Celebrity and how loyal you are to them.  maybe you might have gotten an upgrade from them in a future cruise for your answer instead of one point!!😄

Good one, but I fear they simply take me for granted😂 I hope they realize that I would try another line if I saw compelling reasons to do so. For now, we've several cruises booked with Celebrity, and it would certainly be lovely if they rewarded our loyalty with a suite upgrade. Being a realist, I'll simply enjoy my complimentary bag of laundry😜 Oh, and my PUPS😂

45 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

I just checked and we have not either. I was afraid I had done something wrong so good to know others have not received it yet.

Laura

I always take a screen shot when I have completed an activity. That way, it is dated and I send it to Celebrity, if points are missing.

Same here.  I took the quiz on 8/13.  Just checked both the desktop site and the app.  No 2 points (yet.)  Last month when the points were posted did it not happen over the course of a couple days?  I seem to remember reading this and mine came along a day or two after many other people's did.  My notes show I had 5 points posted on 8/13 and 23 points posted on 8/14.  (I was playing catch up with all webinars and quizzes I had never done.)

There has been the question as to whether Captain Club members in the US were eligible for the Europe 2022 activity.

We all used the link that mikkelhansen from Denmark provided to us.

I just checked my account again no points

Edited by Elainemh
Spacingk

I realised that when we watched the webinars, I input my husband’s Captain’s Club number incorrectly.🙄

I emailed explaining and received a reply assuring me that they would correct my error.  I’ve been checking for it to be updated but alas, we still have a difference of 32 points.  Hoping it is updated soon.🤞🏻

14 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Not exactly Power Up points, but yesterday I received an email from Celebrity, promoting Double Points for booking a cruise by 30/09/21.

Also, Balcony for Ocean view pricing and UP to £600 off.

A8216ABB-C38F-4A37-B7F2-70381A0CC887.png

They've been running this promotion in the US for awhile. It ends today here.

They were driving the US travel agents crazy with everyone rebooking cruises to get the benefits and discounts. 

Celebrity's customer service lines were also swamped with long wait times for both TAs and direct customers. 

I guess they waited to offer it in the UK until they could try to handle the call volume!

30 minutes ago, RaptorBill said:

Celebrity's customer service lines were also swamped with long wait times for both TAs and direct customers. 

I guess they waited to offer it in the UK until they could try to handle the call volume!

I tried ringing the free 0800 UK number today  and was informed that due to the high call volume, my call could be transferred to a US agent!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I tried ringing the free 0800 UK number today  and was informed that due to the high call volume, my call could be transferred to a US agent!!

Figures.... 

My US TA was on the phone for hours. Got hung up on a few times. Was router to a German voicemail greeting. And finally got through to get our multiple cruises updated under the new pricing with Double Points.... She's a gem!

Speaking of double points... I received 72 points for our July 27th  Equinox cruise that I was expecting 144 points for. : (   Now I can't find the advertisement or double point offer I thought was applicable. Does anyone know where I should look? I reached out to Celebrity by email but haven't heard back yet. I should have printed it out at the time!! (lesson learned!) 

BTW, I did not receive the 2 points for the August Europe quiz yet either, nor did I receive the original email. I did the quiz thanks to the helpful person who posted the link here.  : )  

I love how we all help each other!!

4 hours ago, 3girlsmom said:

Speaking of double points... I received 72 points for our July 27th  Equinox cruise that I was expecting 144 points for. : (   Now I can't find the advertisement or double point offer I thought was applicable. Does anyone know where I should look? I reached out to Celebrity by email but haven't heard back yet. I should have printed it out at the time!! (lesson learned!) 

BTW, I did not receive the 2 points for the August Europe quiz yet either, nor did I receive the original email. I did the quiz thanks to the helpful person who posted the link here.  : )  

I love how we all help each other!!

When did you book that cruise? Often you can find the offer in the Capt Club Newsletter, found here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/newsletter

It is also worth noting that normal cruise points are awarded a little faster than the double points promos, which can take 30 days. A July 27th cruise should have those double points by now.

For example, from the June newsletter,

Terms & Conditions

*Captain's Club Double Points Offer: ("Offer") applies to new individual bookings. Captain's Club Members ("CC Members") are eligible to receive double Club Points when they book a Veranda stateroom or higher between May 25, 2021 – June 30, 2021. Offer applies to all Celebrity sailings between June 5, 2021 and December 31, 2021. The offer applies to each CC Member in a stateroom. Captain’s Club members, Classic and above, are eligible to participate in this offer. Preview members are not eligible to participate in this offer. Single occupancy staterooms are included in this offer. Not combinable with any other Captain’s Club bonus points offer. Club Points will be added to CC Member's account within 30 days after conclusion of sailing.

• Thanks 2