Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

3 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Same.   Thanks for noting this.  I have an account and an Azamara Circle# that I registered years ago, but have yet to cruise on the line.  I will have to go investigate on the Azamara boards as to what the future of their loyalty program will look like after the Azamara line's ownership transfer.

I'm in a similar situation. We have our eyes on a couple of Azamara cruises, and were excited that we are still earning points there. However, I discovered this morning that, since we have never sailed Azamara before, we will start at the bottom. I can't say I blame Sycamore for this decision, but I am disappointed. 

Image.png

5 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

@SilkroadThank you for the reply.  I just checked again this morning (8/14) and I now have an additional 23 club points on top of the 5 club points that were added yesterday (8/13) so I am feeling special.  I am still not certain how the 28 points were tabulated since I believe I only did activities in July equivalent to 210 power up points = 21 club points, but I am not complaining.  My partner did the same activities and he also received the 28 club points.

Yesterday DH and I were each expecting 5 points I got 9, DH got none as of last night. This morning I checked again and both of our accounts were credited with 5 points that were expected. My 9 was adjusted down to 5, his 0 was changed to 5. A bit crazy but finally accurate.

29 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I discovered this morning that, since we have never sailed Azamara before, we will start at the bottom. I can't say I blame Sycamore for this decision, but I am disappointed. 

@MamaFejI was just reading a couple of threads over on the Azamara boards and there was some discussion about the interpretation of those FAQs on Azamara's website.  Some contend Celebrity's IT department would face too much of an undertaking to be able to remove our Celebrity earned points from our Azamara loyalty accounts.  So maybe there is hope.  If nothing else it has got me looking more seriously at booking Azamara sooner than later.🙃

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 2:20 PM, MamaFej said:

I'm in a similar situation. We have our eyes on a couple of Azamara cruises, and were excited that we are still earning points there. However, I discovered this morning that, since we have never sailed Azamara before, we will start at the bottom. I can't say I blame Sycamore for this decision, but I am disappointed. 

Image.png

I booked before Azamara was sold thinking my Elite status would transfer to their program but then Covid came along,they were sold,etc. I did a L&S and my perks will transfer but I guess the status won't. The Club Veranda Plus includes almost everything so it isn't a big issue but...

Edited by read2learn

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

Mine posted and now all I need is 95 more points to make Elite+. Will get double points for our Alaska veranda cabin next month so only 43 to go.

Does anyone know when your double points are awarded?  My cruise summary for my upcoming Alaska cruise only shows 56 points (SS cabin)

11 minutes ago, itzfitz said:

Does anyone know when your double points are awarded?  My cruise summary for my upcoming Alaska cruise only shows 56 points (SS cabin)

Our double points never showed on anything before our cruise. We got the same email everyone else did about bookings made between certain dates getting double points and then after the cruise, we got the double points. We didn't have to do anything. The showed up in less than 2 weeks. 

Celebrity's Ts & Cs, in the footnote to the offer, state:
"Club Points will be added to CC Member's account within 30 days after conclusion of sailing."

We have 6 cruises booked that offered them. If we can do them all, we'll be Zenith. 

• Like 2

I got 10 but I'm not 100% sure what they were for.  Five were for the CEO's cruise show but I'm not sure what the other 5 were for.  Meanwhile, today I booked a short, cheap cruise on Summit for next month strictly for the points.  No flights/hotels required.  I suspect I'll never see such low solo prices again.  With the extra 5 pts from PUP, it's exactly the number I needed (with 4 to spare).

On 8/16/2021 at 3:29 PM, TMLAalum said:

Mine posted and now all I need is 95 more points to make Elite+. Will get double points for our Alaska veranda cabin next month so only 43 to go.

Welcome (we'll almost) to + make the most of the extra bag of laundry as that's just about the only extra benefit left after the introduction of AI pricing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

.....  Meanwhile, today I booked a short, cheap cruise on Summit for next month strictly for the points......

We're on a short Summit cruise in October and the double points factored in a little for us also.  Now I'm wondering if we'll get that bonus.  I can't find a "terms and conditions" in effect for when we booked, but I've seen some that exclude the Summit from this program for sailings after August 21, 2021.  Is there anything you saw when you booked that confirmed you'd qualify for the bonus?

Just now, garyl62 said:

We're on a short Summit cruise in October and the double points factored in a little for us also.  Now I'm wondering if we'll get that bonus.  I can't find a "terms and conditions" in effect for when we booked, but I've seen some that exclude the Summit from this program for sailings after August 21, 2021.  Is there anything you saw when you booked that confirmed you'd qualify for the bonus?

I'm sorry I don't have information about the double point bonus.  Since I travel solo and receive double points for that, it makes me ineligible for any bonus programs.  The PUP points are the only extras I can receive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

When did you book? There were some offers back in January, but I am not sure if these Summit cruises were available back then.

2x club points terms.jpg

2x club points.jpg

6 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Here’s Your Next Chance to Earn Power Up Point. 

Book a Veranda stateroom or higher on any 2022 European sailing on Celebrity Edge®, Celebrity ApexSM, or Celebrity BeyondSM.

50 PUP

Unfortunately these are the ones I keep getting. We already have 2 booked in the time frame of this one and the last one 😡. Guess they don’t want to give anymore points to us 😩

On 6/10/2020 at 11:09 PM, Bruin Steve said:

I am STILL a long way from Zenith...and it doesn't really matter that much to me...

I actually view this as a BAD thing for many of us...

Just like I didn't like the deal where RCCL Diamonds automatically got Elite perks.  This is really not going to do much for Elite Pluses trying to make Zenith...but it WILL allow a lot of people not yet Elite to have an easier road to Elite level...which will, in turn, overcrowd the Elite drinking lounge even more...resulting in them abandoning it more often for three drink coupons and the like.

The AI pricing has practically destroyed this benefit.

11 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

When did you book?

We booked in June.  There were a few different offers at different times and I'm sure double points were going on at the time we booked, but I failed to read the T&C details so I'm wondering if our sailing was excluded from the program.  All I can find now are details related to offers back in January as you shared, but I know the program was expanded beyond those first "We're Back" sailings.  Oh well, I could call and wait on hold, or just see what happens when we sail. 

2 hours ago, garyl62 said:

We booked in June.  There were a few different offers at different times and I'm sure double points were going on at the time we booked, but I failed to read the T&C details so I'm wondering if our sailing was excluded from the program.  All I can find now are details related to offers back in January as you shared, but I know the program was expanded beyond those first "We're Back" sailings.  Oh well, I could call and wait on hold, or just see what happens when we sail. 

Did you look in the CC newsletter for June (https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/newsletter/exclusive-captains-club-newsletter-june-2021)? I see this offer that might apply:

Captain's Club Double Points Offer: ("Offer") applies to new individual bookings. Captain's Club Members ("CC Members") are eligible to receive double Club Points when they book a Veranda stateroom or higher between May 25, 2021 – June 30, 2021. Offer applies to all Celebrity sailings between June 5, 2021 and December 31, 2021. The offer applies to each CC Member in a stateroom. Captain’s Club members, Classic and above, are eligible to participate in this offer. Preview members are not eligible to participate in this offer. Single occupancy staterooms are included in this offer. Not combinable with any other Captain’s Club bonus points offer. 

These terms are WAY down at the bottom.

8 hours ago, the penguins said:

but it WILL allow a lot of people not yet Elite to have an easier road to Elite level...which will, in turn, overcrowd the Elite drinking lounge even more...resulting in them abandoning it more often for three drink coupons and the like.

This was the Sky Lounge on the 2nd night, which also happened to be 1st Chic night!!

One thing I did learn from Ingrid, the Captain’s Club host, was that here are certain Premium drinks loaded on to the drinks menu for the Elite Happy Hour. So, I am happy that we resisted temptation to upgrade. 
There was also a ‘free’ wine tasting on the last sea day. We had been offered this at the beginning of the cruise, but declined at $35 p.p.

BTW thanks to Cublet for the photo of the menu, found on another thread.

68C98746-3B84-4140-9154-8B7381DB781D.png

A9CCB4CA-4BAC-4BB6-8E14-5CE81DF0E4A0.jpeg

D4BD0329-B032-4601-AD79-B0831F906E82.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk
To add another photo.

30 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

Did you look in the CC newsletter for June (https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/newsletter/exclusive-captains-club-newsletter-june-2021)? I see this offer that might apply:

Captain's Club Double Points Offer: ("Offer") applies to new individual bookings. Captain's Club Members ("CC Members") are eligible to receive double Club Points when they book a Veranda stateroom or higher between May 25, 2021 – June 30, 2021. Offer applies to all Celebrity sailings between June 5, 2021 and December 31, 2021. The offer applies to each CC Member in a stateroom. Captain’s Club members, Classic and above, are eligible to participate in this offer. Preview members are not eligible to participate in this offer. Single occupancy staterooms are included in this offer. Not combinable with any other Captain’s Club bonus points offer. 

These terms are WAY down at the bottom.

Thanks! This is what I needed. Looks like we'll be doubling up. We're only on a 3 day trip but booked a CS so 12 points per night normally will get us 72 points for the trip after they double up. 😀

• Like 2