Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

16 minutes ago, joetop2467 said:

I agree with Fouremco.  Presentation was a lot better quality than before but I was hoping to see more pictures of ports.  I was disappointed with just one or two photos of each place.

I also agree.  Was also surprised that it did not mention the 2022 cruise.  It mentioned the past cruises, so I was also expecting the hear about future CEO cruises.

2 hours ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

I am glad there wasn't a "POP QUIZ" because I couldn't understand a word the gentleman from Greece said. 

LOL! I had to shake my head that the gentleman from Greece can speak at least two languages fluently, I was having difficulty understanding the one language I speak!

Stay Safe!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

LOL! I had to shake my head that the gentleman from Greece can speak at least two languages fluently, I was having difficulty understanding the one language I speak!

Stay Safe!

I understand and appreciate that. I am not discounting his abilities, it was just hard for me to understand.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

I understand and appreciate that. I am not discounting his abilities, it was just hard for me to understand.

I wasn't being critical of you. I had the same problem understanding his accent. I was being critical of my abilities and laughing at my lack of them lol. I also have to admit that we "watched" the webinar simultaneously with watching and listening to tornado warnings while hunkering down in a closet! Our attention was less focused on discerning his accent and more focused on personal safety! Thankfully it all worked out safely for us, others nearby were less fortunate.

Edited by Luvcrusn

2 hours ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

I am glad there wasn't a "POP QUIZ" because I couldn't understand a word the gentleman from Greece said. 

I found a shot of Ouzo helped us parse his accent. 

All the excursions he mentioned sounded very nice, but one of them was particularly noteworthy. We visited Akrotiri on Santorini on a cruise a few years back and I highly recommend it for anyone interested in ancient civilizations. 

In many ways these ruins are like those in Pompeii and Herculaneum (outside Naples) but 1,600 years older! It's also considered by many historians to be the possible inspiration for Plato's story of Atlantis. 

The ruins are very well preserved and absolutely fascinating. I'd be happy to answer any questions. We absolutely loved this tour!

For more information about Akrotiri, see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akrotiri_(prehistoric_city)

Cheers!

Bill

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

I wasn't being critical of you. I had the same problem understanding his accent. I was being critical of my abilities and laughing at my lack of them lol. I also have to admit that we "watched" the webinar simultaneously with watching and listening to tornado warnings while hunkering down in a closet! Our attention was less focused on discerning his accent and more focused on personal safety! Thankfully it all worked out safely for us, others nearby were less fortunate.

Yes, I reread and realized that after I posted. I'm glad I wasn't alone. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I also agree.  Was also surprised that it did not mention the 2022 cruise.  It mentioned the past cruises, so I was also expecting the hear about future CEO cruises.

There is a page on the website (https://www.celebritycruises.com/specialty-cruises/presidents-cruise) devoted to this and it also makes no mention of any CEO cruise past the Sept. 2021 cruise. Maybe it isn't yet planned?

While we watched the webinar we were hunkered down under tornado warnings and the electricity went in and out several times so we were concerned that we would get credit for watching the whole thing. We received the Captains Club newsletter and ours both thanked us for watching and suggested that we could share the link with family and friends who might be interested. It was good to know that they are aware that we watched.

Thank you for attending our webinar all about our upcoming Celebrate with the CEO sailing. Now we’re giving you a chance to share it with family and friends, too. Enjoy.

We watched this using the link in the July newsletter.  We were asked to register and give our CC numbers in advance and then clicked on the link and watched to the end.  Since then I've had one email from X thanking me for registering for the video and giving me the link to watch it.  I haven't received anything saying that it has been watched and we'll get the PUP.

Has anyone else watched using the link in the newsletter?  Did you get an email acknowledging that you watched it?

While it was a little better than some of the videos, I'd really rather not have to watch it again to get the points but I'm concerned that our time watching it didn't get counted somehow.

2 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

We watched this using the link in the July newsletter.  We were asked to register and give our CC numbers in advance and then clicked on the link and watched to the end.  Since then I've had one email from X thanking me for registering for the video and giving me the link to watch it.  I haven't received anything saying that it has been watched and we'll get the PUP.

Has anyone else watched using the link in the newsletter?  Did you get an email acknowledging that you watched it?

While it was a little better than some of the videos, I'd really rather not have to watch it again to get the points but I'm concerned that our time watching it didn't get counted somehow.

I've never received an email acknowledging an entry for PUP.

• Like 1

We watched the webinar on the original day but didn't get the 'Thank you for watching....' within the July newsletter so joined through the newsletter and watched it again just in case!

Also got the thank you for registering both times but nothing else

Has anyone had problems with the power up quiz for Europe and Alaska.   I think my issues are with the distance from Koper to the Postonja Caves and/or the main type of fish for offshore fishing in Seward.  I was pretty confident in my other responses but I may be off track.  It has now become a obsession as I spent over an hour trying different combinations with no luck.    Appreciate the groups help doing my homework!  Kim

7 minutes ago, BellamyGirl said:

Has anyone had problems with the power up quiz for Europe and Alaska.   I think my issues are with the distance from Koper to the Postonja Caves and/or the main type of fish for offshore fishing in Seward.  I was pretty confident in my other responses but I may be off track.  It has now become a obsession as I spent over an hour trying different combinations with no luck.    Appreciate the groups help doing my homework!  Kim

I can direct you to the offshore fishing info. Go here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ports/seward

Then scroll down to this:

Fishing Off the Coast of Seward

Likewise, look at this destination and scroll down a bit

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ports/koper

(look for Tour the Postojna Caves)

But you have to find the answers.

1 minute ago, BellamyGirl said:

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately I had these answers correct so I need to look at some of other answers.   Lots of fun!!!

Well, what I really should have done is point you here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/destinations

and also here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ports

From those pages you can find info on just about any of their ports, local excursions, etc. These are great jumping-off points to look up pretty much any of the info for the quizzes related to locations. And I think this is really why X offered the quizzes in the first place - so we'd read up on these great locations.

Good luck!

Cool Cruiser,  So I went back and looked through the answers and I had one obvious error.  I corrected it and got my congrats response.   Sad part is I went on both these cruises and still struggled to get the correct answers for three of the questions! Thanks again for your help.  Kim 

• Like 1

Well, we have now watched 4 webinars and completed 3 quizzes. 260 PUP  or 26 CC points. That’s more than a 7 night cruise in a verandah/balcony stateroom would get us so if it all goes well with Celebrity crediting the points, we will be quite happy. My hubby kept saying this is for a free cruise, right? Eh, no dear. Not quite.🛳😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BellamyGirl said:

I have not received the power up quiz.  Can someone post the link?  Many thanks

On 7/29/2021 at 5:22 PM, upwarduk said:

It was a wasted 45 minutes, but at least I should get 5 Captain’s Club points.

They don't make you do a follow up quiz... I start it on my iPad and turn down the volume and move on with my day. 

• Like 2