Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

5 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

And how many points do you earn for Go Green sign up?

You get an extra day of points.  So if you would be getting 5 points per day of the cruise, you would get an additional day.  So instead of 35 points on a 7 day cruise, you would get 40.

• Like 1

Well this is first time I have not received my PUP/CC points. I called Celebrity and the person was nice and checked and verified that I had not received the Q &A  points.  She would submit the issue to   (not sure who/where) but it would take  1-2 weeks.  That seems a long time,, thus not many people or too many issues maybe.

I then asked to check on my wife as I had submitted both CC numbers as we both watched the Q & A.  She came back quickly after getting DW's number and she had been credited.

You would think/hope that at this point, the support person would have some guidance/discretion to go ahead and credit me the 3  CC points which would have me in the 860's.  (not like I am getting real close to next level.  Nope, she is submitting a request to check on ( I am not sure on what ).  I watched the video and did not get credit.  I guess I could have put in an incorrect CC number,, but I did key in DW's correct number. 

Guess we will see what  happens.

AS for the Q & A, I thought the answer to the question of syncing up the benefits across Royal and Celebrity was no (and a good reply IMHO) .  We are different and that is one of the differences.  

Edited by shipshape sam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

AS for the Q & A, I thought the answer to the question of syncing up the benefits across Royal and Celebrity was no (and a good reply IMHO) .

That is what I heard as well.  And I agree - they are separate, keep them that way. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sue.young said:

How do you know if you received the points for going green?

Check your account about a week after your cruise is completed and you should see the number of points for night for you cabin category times the number of nights for your cruise + 1 additional night.  So if you are in a Sky Suite it is 8 points per night.  For a 7-night sailing it would be 8x7+8 = 56+8 == 64 points.  In Concierge and Aqua it is 5x7+5 == 40 points. 

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Check your account about a week after your cruise is completed and you should see the number of points for night for you cabin category times the number of nights for your cruise + 1 additional night.  So if you are in a Sky Suite it is 8 points per night.  For a 7-night sailing it would be 8x7+8 = 56+8 == 64 points.  In Concierge and Aqua it is 5x7+5 == 40 points. 

Going Green gives you the points for your cabin category, only one time. So for sky Suite 8 points.

3 hours ago, signe63 said:

Going Green gives you the points for your cabin category, only one time. So for sky Suite 8 points.

I thought that is what I said, sorry it my explanation was incorrect or misleading. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2024 at 10:51 PM, DaKahuna said:

I thought that is what I said, sorry it my explanation was incorrect or misleading. 

I understood your comment, and nothing in there was misleading.  You even have two example formulas...  I'm not sure how someone wouldn't understand it.

Edited by Tharkhold

On 4/27/2024 at 9:56 AM, mahdnc said:

which is why I am earning my Club Points the old fashion way this month:

If you like the locks you have to try the Douro River. The locks are far more interesting there (including the tallest single lift locks in Europe at around 35m each) than the Panama Canal. And you don't have to compete with 2,000 people on the ship to see it all...

On 4/27/2024 at 12:20 PM, Ipeeinthepools said:

Excellent idea.  Is this your first time through the Panama Canal?

Yes, my first time and it was great!  Here is one of my time lapse videos I shot from our aft balcony: link

Untitled-1887.thumb.jpeg.6637d751cbb1c04118924c6e65f0a8d9.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

If you like the locks you have to try the Douro River. The locks are far more interesting there (including the tallest single lift locks in Europe at around 35m each) than the Panama Canal. And you don't have to compete with 2,000 people on the ship to see it all...

Another cool thing about the Duomo is that you go through each lock twice, and they are quite different from one another, giving you the opportunity to experience different locks from different views. 

I'll do the Panama Canal for the first time later this year, on a smallish (<700 pax) ship with lots of forward viewing. We have an aft cabin with a good-sized balcony. I'm looking forward to viewing locks from each vantage point. 

Thanks for the pictures @mahdnc. You're piquing my anticipation! 

13 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

But you don’t get Power Up points on the river cruises ……

That is very true.

However, if I limited myself to Celebrity, I'd miss out on all the wonderful places I've been and will go where X won't/cant bring me. If I limited myself to river cruises, I'd miss out on the wonderful places X can and will bring me. 

There are many types of travel I enjoy. Cruising with X is one of them. I've done that for 60 days this year. Right now, I'm eager to jump into the motorhome. 

• Like 2