Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

18 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Still none for me. I'm "talking" with someone via FB messenger, but it's looking not good (lots of "What is your full name again? When did you watch it? We need the exact date." and so forth). Lesson learned to take a picture of my finish screen.

At least I shouldn't *need* them to be Elite after my upcoming cruise. I need 83 points. I'm solo in an Aqua Class cabin on an 8-night - so that should be 80 points - and I'm signed up for GoGreen giving me an extra 5. It would just be nice to have that added cushion.

Ugh, I think I might have to do that too this time. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, paulajj said:

Ugh, I think I might have to do that too this time. 

I have pics of the video playing if you need them.  My email is at the bottom

Edited by doodlefan

24 minutes ago, doodlefan said:

I have pics of the video playing if you need them.  My email is at the bottom

Thank you so much. I did take a screenshot of the end of the video so I should be ok. They say they’ve passed the problem onto loyalty so hopefully they will get it fixed up soon. 

14 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm signed up for GoGreen giving me an extra 5. It would just be nice to have that added cushion.

I just made a rookie mistake with GoGreen....I signed up (even noted the date) but neglected to confirm with cabin steward onboard. Called CC about missing points and she wanted to know if I had a screen shot of the sign up screen.  I did not (never even occurred to me),  so now I wait to see if they will give me the 5 points. It was my mistake to not confirm on board and in the future I will take a screen shot.

Posted (edited)

Still no points for me or better half.

I just sent an email with our details to cxc@celebrity.com. Lost the screenshot (likely deleted it thinking it was another screenshot for something else), but I had the date/time we watched it, so here's hoping that works!

Edited by Tharkhold

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cruisegirlppp said:

I just made a rookie mistake with GoGreen....I signed up (even noted the date) but neglected to confirm with cabin steward onboard. Called CC about missing points and she wanted to know if I had a screen shot of the sign up screen.  I did not (never even occurred to me),  so now I wait to see if they will give me the 5 points. It was my mistake to not confirm on board and in the future I will take a screen shot.

idk why they want screenshots, there's NOTHING in them that is specific to yourself, the cruise/event, date or time, confirmation number, etc.

Here's an "Example" from the last time I registered to 'go green' prior to the actual cruise:

Given Celebrity's history in not attributing points, i DO save the screenshot with a time/date in the filename in case they ask "when did you register?".

To be fair, for our last transatlantic cruise in Nov 2023, the 'go green' points did show up with no issues though; so that's a positive 😉

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 17.33.17.png

Edited by Tharkhold
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tharkhold said:

idk why they want screenshots, there's NOTHING in them that is specific to yourself, the cruise/event, date or time, confirmation number, etc.

Here's an "Example" from the last time I registered to 'go green' prior to the actual cruise:

Given Celebrity's history in not attributing points, i DO save the screenshot with a time/date in the filename in case they ask "when did you register?".

To be fair, for our last transatlantic cruise in Nov 2023, the 'go green' points did show up with no issues though; so that's a positive 😉

the information is in the raw data sent with the picture , date and time it was take 

28 minutes ago, Tharkhold said:

I don't do screenshots either but perhaps someone here can post a copy of their screenshot for you to submit to Celebrity.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

My last cruise I signed up but didn't get anything I was really sick after so never followed up, but this is good to know because I have another coming up and I know I signed up but I doubt I'll get it. So maybe I'll resign up and take a screen shot this time

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

1 hour ago, Tharkhold said:

I thought I had done well to note the date I registered! I really wanted to ask why their program didn't operate like most things that you register for but I remembered my mother teaching me that you "catch more flies with honey than with vinegar!"

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I think we have two different discussions going on here. While this thread is specifically about power up points, go green points have entered in and comments are going back-and-forth.

It is possible to take a screen shot of the beginning and end of the power up webinarrs

and it is also possible to take a screen shot when you sign up for go green

Given what we know about celebrities IT department, it is recommended that anytime you’re doing some thing which would get you extra Captains Club points, you should document it

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I figured out I had at least 4 points missing.  I called the Captain's Club number and they said they'd contact the back office to have them added.  They did not ask for proof, though I think I have screenshots.  Wait up to 2-3 weeks to have the points credited.  We'll see.

Edited by Stockjock

Posted (edited)

It would be so helpful if they would just send an email confirmation after you complete the activity.

Still nothing for me, again. Guess I’ll need to contact them tomorrow. I do have a screenshot of the completion screen this time, but it sure is annoying having to do this constantly (three of the last four times…). At least they’ve been reasonable about giving the points eventually.

Edited by GimmeOcean

12 minutes ago, GimmeOcean said:

It would be so helpful if they would just send an email confirmation after you complete the activity.

Could be worse. Some people don't even get the PUP offers. 

5 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

Oh wow! I have never had to confirm with my stateroom attendant. Guess I’m going back to the page to re-sign up and screen shot either the confirmation screen or the “you are already signed up” screen.

Wonder how I can show proof of solo occupancy in the cabin…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Oh wow! I have never had to confirm with my stateroom attendant. Guess I’m going back to the page to re-sign up and screen shot either the confirmation screen or the “you are already signed up” screen.

Wonder how I can show proof of solo occupancy in the cabin…

I don't think I've ever seen a "you are already signed up" screen.  I'm trying to always ask.  I also always do it twice, once under my last name and once under DH, because I'm not sure if it has to be the lead passenger and I'm not always sure who the lead is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abbydancer2003 said:

I don't think I've ever seen a "you are already signed up" screen.  I'm trying to always ask.  I also always do it twice, once under my last name and once under DH, because I'm not sure if it has to be the lead passenger and I'm not always sure who the lead is.

Yeah, I got the standard "Thank you for signing up" and took a picture of it. Just in case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I’ ve never confirmed Go Green with the State room attendant and have always been awarded the extra points.

I've never had an issue, until last January when they didn't get added.  I called, and it was fixed about a week later.  That's when I started doing both our names, and checking on board.

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

I’ ve never confirmed Go Green with the State room attendant and have always been awarded the extra points.

It's never a problem until it's a problem. It takes three seconds to confirm with the stateroom attendant, so why make it harder on yourself when the inevitable error happens?

Whelp. Looks like no 3 points for the Galapagos webinar for me. Whoever I am messaging with on FB says Captain’s Club says they have no record of me completing it.

I’m going to ask how I prove solo occupancy of the cabin for my upcoming cruise.