Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, TwainWasMistaken said:

I (still) wish that Celebrity would offer milestone awards for levels below Zenith. 

Zeniths get a free Caribbean cruise every 3000 points, I think?

I think if they'd offer a specialty dinner every 300 points, or $100 OBC every 550 points, or a free premium beverage package at 1000 and 2000 points, a photo package at 1250 points... stuff like that, they could encourage folks who feel like they're stuck at E+ (forever) or below to keep sailing with -- or at least looking at -- X.

Picking points levels that aren't multiples of others would keep a constant carrot dangling -- well, a series of rotating carrots. 

But, what do I know? 🤷‍♀️

Well at least they have now addeded the HH drinks on embarkation day for Elite and over. Never thought I'd ever see that. They always said first day was too busy so don't know why it was changed. Guess we should be grateful. 😆 

12 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Well at least they have now addeded the HH drinks on embarkation day for Elite and over. Never thought I'd ever see that. They always said first day was too busy so don't know why it was changed. Guess we should be grateful. 😆 

Because the first day for CC HH isn't in a reserved lounge. Now in any bar/lounge (except for a couple of nights during the cruise, another change but not on the first evening) on the first evening. Also maybe Celebrity paid attention to some of us that complained about not having a CC HH the first evening(?). Agree, nice change and appreciated. 

Edited by doghog

15 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

It used to be in a lounge so that had to be staffed. So that is where the too busy came from. They used that staff in other venues. They didn’t get the evening off. Since they don’t have to staff a lounge the first day the too busy reason does not exist. 

43 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It used to be in a lounge so that had to be staffed. So that is where the too busy came from. They used that staff in other venues. They didn’t get the evening off. Since they don’t have to staff a lounge the first day the too busy reason does not exist. 

They could have implemented this once sailing resumed post covid.  Still appreciate the change though.

10 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

They could have implemented this once sailing resumed post covid.  Still appreciate the change though.

IMO (including my wife) the CC HH should be every evening (5 to 7) in a reserved lounge with drinks and snacks. We always enjoyed the gathering. RC and Princess makes it happen with no problems. Those that don't want to attended can still have the option of going to their bar/lounge of their choice. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, doghog said:

IMO (including my wife) the CC HH should be every evening (5 to 7) in a reserved lounge with drinks and snacks. We always enjoyed the gathering. RC and Princess makes it happen with no problems. Those that don't want to attended can still have the option of going to their bar/lounge of their choice. 

I enjoyed it when it was in the Sky lounge on S class ships. Yes drinks and canapes were a nice touch. Also sat with the same group most evenings. Not so enjoyable now as have to fight for a seat at martini bar and listen to loud music. I just grab a drink and move on. 

• Like 1

Just now, drakes2 said:

I enjoyed it when it was in the Sky lounge on S class ships. Yes drinks and canapes were a nice touch. Also sat with the same group most evenings. Not so enjoyable now as have to fight for a seat at martini bar and listen to loud music. I just grab a drink and move on. 

We don't go to the martini bar. Other bars/lounges are less crowed. Looking forward to the two CC HH gathering held in one of the lounges on our September Edge cruise.

• Like 1

We like Royal's plan where to my understanding,you can get one of your 4/5 drinks anytime during the day including 5 to 7 pm or later. Will find out in November this year.

We enjoyed the get together, but also liked not having to go to a certain location.  For myself, I can not find a beer in lounge I like when it was located at the same fixed location.  I can now go to where the beer I want is and enjoy. Royal's selections were limited too.

What this tells me, at least, is that everyone has a particular preference that Celebrity could not ever satisfy everyone.  They did for a while have the lounge and still allow those of us to go where we wanted.  Not sure why that stopped.

Maybe a PUP video on the beers, wines, and spirits offered onboard ship(s)

Edited by shipshape sam
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

We like Royal's plan where to my understanding,you can get one of your 4/5 drinks anytime during the day including 5 to 7 pm or later. Will find out in November this year.

Diamond gets 4 drinks a day. Diamond Plus get 5 drinks a day. Pinnacle gets 6 drinks a day. Per member, per day. No matter where you want the drink or the time. If you attend the CAS HH in the evening in the Crown Lounge (use to be called Diamond Lounge) you do not get additional drinks from your allocated 4, 5 or 6. No carryovers either. Drink them or lose them. 

Edited by doghog

We’re drifting,,,,,we’re drifting…..

back to power up points….what will the next video be about, do you think?  The new deployments aren’t due until November and I hope we don’t have to wait until then…..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Do not understand why this keeps coming up.  Laura said clearly in the Q&A with Laura that they were not going to change  Celebrity's CC HH drinks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shipshape sam said:

Yeah, RCL's offering is way better. 

Plus you have flexibility instead of Celebrity's drink selection from the 60s.

14 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

I think Zenith members wouldn’t agree 

maybe you should do what this guy is doing and going back to RCL😉😁

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1

Tables have been restated so that the dates correspond to the month that the PowerUp activity occurred (as opposed to when the points were rewarded).  This means that the dates in my table will match up with the dates in your Points History in the Celebrity website.  I would normally wait until the next PowerUp activity to unveil these tweaks except things are very slow.

image.png.3ce5aaea06d5e9e011a63ab213010b1c.png

Historically August has been a very slow month.  It is likely we will not see anything for the rest of the month which would make it an unprecedented 3 calendar months in a row with no PowerUp Point activities.   But there is hope for next month as there always has been a PowerUp Point activity in the month of September ever since the program started in 2020.

image.png.93ba367310c733962878d332e9d8a61f.png

Here is the list of all the PowerUp Point activities.  It does not include PUPs awarded for Facebook activity--there were a few of those back in 2021 or so.

image.png.7ac7a62dc061c4df11f27ecde5681840.png

image.png.73d191f7ffc0983f62cdca1475904672.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 9

11 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

We all have choices.  If Royal C & A perks work for you that’s a choice you have.  For some the drink perk be it Celebrity or Royal isn’t a factor in deciding who to book our next cruise with.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Why search when I can use this board and people in the know.

33 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

They will be your first 3 Celebrity points, Monk86.  Your diamond points will not transfer over but your status will 

Thank you

4 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

Just need 2 points to Elite Plus - Please Celebrity! PUPS still advertised on Celebrity Website! 

Perfect reason to book another cruise. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

We’re drifting,,,,,we’re drifting…..

back to power up points….what will the next video be about, do you think?  The new deployments aren’t due until November and I hope we don’t have to wait until then…..

I’m assuming from the talk and trend that PUP’s will cease to exist and then this thread will end.  Sorry for the doomsday declaration but that’s how I see it

6 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

To get the correct information 🙄

If you're just going to roll your eyes, maybe avoid interacting with me- whether it be correct or incorrect information.

• Haha 2