Edge Dining Preferences

Oceangoer2

I've researched all the dining rooms on Edge but can't find a restaurant which is comparable to Murano Solstice class.  Any recommendations for special anniversary dining?  Looked at Fine Cut but decor isn't comparable.  The complimentary Normandie and Cosmopolitan seem very nice? 

1 hour ago, oceangoer2 said:

I've researched all the dining rooms on Edge but can't find a restaurant which is comparable to Murano Solstice class.  Any recommendations for special anniversary dining?  Looked at Fine Cut but decor isn't comparable.  The complimentary Normandie and Cosmopolitan seem very nice? 

Edge does not have a specialty restaurant with the same “ambiance “ as Murano. Edge was designed to have a different feel than previous ships. I’d call it a bit more casual and overall brighter based on the colors and design of furniture, paint schemes and carpets. 

The 4 MDR’s are all nice since they all much smaller than the S and M Class dining rooms. 

We enjoyed Edge for the most part and will be back on her but only after cruising Equinox one of our favorites. 

Edited by RICCruisers
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

Fine Cut is supposed to be the one...but it can be noisy and crowded...

Try the Restaurant in EDEN ...or of you are lucky enoygh to get a res for Dinner on the EDGE!

• Thanks 1

We've eaten in all the restaurants on Edge except Eden (the menu hasn't been appealing to us).  Fine Cut can't compare to Murano, really.  It's open to the center of the ship and noisy.  I don't think Edge really has anything that compares to Murano on the other ships.  We did really like Normandie.  The combination of great food and wonderful staff made it our go to restaurant several times during our two Edge cruises. 

Although our favorite was Tuscan and we loved our servers in Cyprus, I agree with Anne that Normandie had that very special feeling...beautiful decor and a great menu and attentive service.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Fine Cut is supposed to be the one...but it can be noisy and crowded...

Try the Restaurant in EDEN ...or of you are lucky enoygh to get a res for Dinner on the EDGE!

What is Dinner on the Edge?  A special multi-course dinner?

1 hour ago, Host Anne said:

We've eaten in all the restaurants on Edge except Eden (the menu hasn't been appealing to us).  Fine Cut can't compare to Murano, really.  It's open to the center of the ship and noisy.  I don't think Edge really has anything that compares to Murano on the other ships.  We did really like Normandie.  The combination of great food and wonderful staff made it our go to restaurant several times during our two Edge cruises. 

Thanks Anne....I've reserved in advance our dining choices and Normandie is our choice for 3 nights (decided on that one for the 'special anniversary dinner'), along with Tuscan twice.  Will try Cyprus although I don't eat fish but DH really enjoys it.  Have Cosmo, Fine cut and Roof Garden booked as well.  Is it very breezy dining open air in the Roof Garden? 

46 minutes ago, hcat said:

Although our favorite was Tuscan and we loved our servers in Cyprus, I agree with Anne that Normandie had that very special feeling...beautiful decor and a great menu and attentive service.

Thx Hcat....any of the 4 restaurants or special dining options open to the ocean for viewing...all the pics seemed to be internal rooms.

We dined at Eden for our New Years Eve dinner on Edge.  We were seated by a window, but it was dark quickly so it didn't matter that much. Normandie is just another main dining room, but it was my favorite of the four MDR's.  Did not like the Tuscan Grill at the back of the ship's food...but the view of the wake was stunning.  JMO, I'd go with Eden for a special dinner.

What is Dinner on the Edge?  A special multi-course dinner?

A special menu.. during one or two port nights,.limited seating.

but you have to get  reservations as soon as you board..we were waitlisted as were many others but they so not publish the list so you never know where you stand,

1 hour ago, spiritkat090909 said:

We dined at Eden for our New Years Eve dinner on Edge.  We were seated by a window, but it was dark quickly so it didn't matter that much. Normandie is just another main dining room, but it was my favorite of the four MDR's.  Did not like the Tuscan Grill at the back of the ship's food...but the view of the wake was stunning.  JMO, I'd go with Eden for a special dinner.

Tuscan on Edge does not have a wake view!

• Like 1

Thx Hcat....any of the 4 restaurants or special dining options open to the ocean for viewing...all the pics seemed to be internal rooms.

We booked our res for 6 pm so  we had several nights with beautiful window seats.. & great sunsets.... once the sun sets curtains are closed,  also great views from our Sunset Veranda cabin.

20191119_203834.jpg

20191118_171524.jpg

4 hours ago, Host Anne said:

We've eaten in all the restaurants on Edge except Eden (the menu hasn't been appealing to us). 

Ms. Anne,

We did not think the menu of Eden would appeal to us either.  I could not decipher half of it. But, the food was excellent.  😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texed said:

Ms. Anne,

We did not think the menu of Eden would appeal to us either.  I could not decipher half of it. But, the food was excellent.  😄

Texted, the best meal we have had on any Celebrity ship was Eden in mid-January 2020.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, spiritkat090909 said:

There is no Tuscan Grill on Edge! 
Tuscan Grill with a view of the wake is S class.

Tuscan (not Tuscan GRILL) on Edge is one of the 4 MDRs. Also no wake view.

Edited by Miaminice

10 hours ago, Oville said:

Texted, the best meal we have had on any Celebrity ship was Eden in mid-January 2020.

Agree!! I was nervous as I'm gluten-free and I'm typically not a huge seafood person. But it was such a good meal (Feb 2020)!!! I already have it booked for my last night in February 2021!!

I'd booked it on Apex for my 50th birthday in Summer 2021, but that menu looks to be different and not as good to me, so I'm debating doing something different there.

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Agree!! I was nervous as I'm gluten-free and I'm typically not a huge seafood person. But it was such a good meal (Feb 2020)!!! I already have it booked for my last night in February 2021!!

I'd booked it on Apex for my 50th birthday in Summer 2021, but that menu looks to be different and not as good to me, so I'm debating doing something different there.

First, I wanted to thank you for your "live thread" in February . . . We were booked on the Apex for the westbound TA in October and I enjoyed getting first-hand info on the E-class.  We've moved our cruise to the TA in October 2021 so a much longer wait, but something to look forward to.

i have seen the specialty dining menus posted from the Edge, but where have you found the Eden menu from the apex which you referenced being a different menu?

thanks!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Texed said:

Ms. Anne,

Well....I'm thinking if you liked it ... we might have to try it.  Just booked Edge for Thanksgiving and I will think of you when I have a waffle!!!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

First, I wanted to thank you for your "live thread" in February . . . We were booked on the Apex for the westbound TA in October and I enjoyed getting first-hand info on the E-class.  We've moved our cruise to the TA in October 2021 so a much longer wait, but something to look forward to.

i have seen the specialty dining menus posted from the Edge, but where have you found the Eden menu from the apex which you referenced being a different menu?

thanks!

Thank you!!

I'm trying to remember where I saw it - it's been a while.  I did find this blurb over the weekend: "A sampling of new menu items includes fresh roasted Spanish prawns with melted peppers; cured fresh chorizo; slow-cooked shellfish broth with parsley, garlic, shallots and maldon sea salt from England; pastrami with Devonshire Dijon mustard emulsion, mashed potatoes cooked in duck fat; and crispy rye bread sautéed in butter and melted raclette cheese." I just remember it looked even less appealing than the Eden menu. I'm going to wait and see what reviews are like once they start sailing again and decide.

On 6/13/2020 at 11:23 AM, oceangoer2 said:

Eden is as close to a land based “foodie” restaurant as I have seen on a ship. That said, it is a “foodie” type menu and won’t appeal to everyone. We had a good experience at Fine Cut, we ate at 6:30 by choice and got a table by the window (it was this past Valentines Day). It was not overly noisy that far from the atrium and early evening. It may have helped that we were dressed to nines - tuxedo and cocktail dress- and not everyone was.

All that said, the service was good to excellent, but it is not Murano, no tablecloth and the tables are almost as close together as Blu - definitely not Murano and not even Luminae level of comfort.

Eden gets my vote - we actually went twice, even though the menu didn’t change - but the menu isn’t for everyone.

The Daniel Boulud Chefs Table would be a neat experience, but maybe not as an anniversary dinner with 6 strangers.....

Really enjoyed Select Dining and the smaller main restaurants .  Cosmopolitan was our favorite (mostly due to the staff like Johanna, Savin and Paul).  The ocean view cafe buffet for breakfast and lunch was phenomenal and very fresh .  

Impressed that there were many hand washing stations at all entrances to the buffet and staff there to make sure people washed up.  We did Eden Cafe for breakfast once and it was very nice but liked the selection in the buffet so we usually stuck to that.

Specialty restaurants - didn’t really use these but we did do breakfast at Eden cafe and it was very good.