Oct 16 - what are the chances?

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Valid point.

Even if the ship sails, isn’t it supposed to be a lower capacity?  Would all the workers make it on board?  If not, how successful would their working vacation be?

Great question. If they have limited capacity, who gets bumped?  

M8

30 minutes ago, crisndeefromde said:

We were scheduled for a charter on the Brilliance in November and Royal is working with our vendor of this charter to get moved till next year.  The vendor had 5 charters in a row on the Brilliance.

There is a Full Ship Charter on Brilliance December 3-10. High Sea Rally. No word yet on go or no go. I would say the Bikers will say go and no masks. 

45 minutes ago, PattiHere said:

There are more cases because of the of the testing.  More important to watch the hospitalizations, if they go up.

Exactly...you are not a part of the "positive" case load...if you are not tested.  

I have already had six cruises cancelled....wondering how many more are going to happen before the end of the year...and gulp...into 2021.  😮  I have one that leaves on 10/18...not getting warm fuzzy feeling on that one either.

Have eight more on the books until end of year....waiting for the RCI chopping block.  😞 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

There is a Full Ship Charter on Brilliance December 3-10. High Sea Rally. No word yet on go or no go. I would say the Bikers will say go and no masks. 

Floggin Molly group is either before us or after us  but our vendor had 5 charters starting the last week of October.  No clue as to when they are being moved to yet as they are apparently awaiting on Royal to see where they are going to position ships at.  

We are set for a Aug 26th, EOS, Galveston. We are getting good feed back that it is a go. CDC has not extended the no sail order, and I would say it would take a lot for that to happen. The industry as a whole can't sit and wait much more. They are going to lose a lot of money running the ships at reduced capacity without increase of fares.  They are close to break even just with fares on a full ship, the make the money on extras, booze, photos, ECT.  

We are happy to go and be a test case.  Been playing life for months, no mask, no virus, standard practice of being clean, and keeping people out of my personal bubble. If I get it, I get it, like the flu. 

2 hours ago, mbardsley said:

We are set for a Aug 26th, EOS, Galveston. We are getting good feed back that it is a go. CDC has not extended the no sail order, and I would say it would take a lot for that to happen. The industry as a whole can't sit and wait much more. They are going to lose a lot of money running the ships at reduced capacity without increase of fares.  They are close to break even just with fares on a full ship, the make the money on extras, booze, photos, ECT.  

We are happy to go and be a test case.  Been playing life for months, no mask, no virus, standard practice of being clean, and keeping people out of my personal bubble. If I get it, I get it, like the flu. 

Once the cruises from the US will begin RCL will very likely start with it's largest ships and rather shorter cruises out the FL ports.

5 hours ago, island lady said:

I have already had six cruises cancelled....wondering how many more are going to happen before the end of the year...and gulp...into 2021.  😮  I have one that leaves on 10/18...not getting warm fuzzy feeling on that one either.

Have eight more on the books until end of year....waiting for the RCI chopping block.  😞 

That’s a lot of points. 

5 hours ago, mbardsley said:

CDC has not extended the no sail order, and I would say it would take a lot for that to happen. The industry as a whole can't sit and wait much more.

The CDC has not even begun to have discussions with the cruise industry on reopening ports. Until the CDC has a detailed plan on what is going to be required and the cruise line detailing how they are going to implement those plans, there will be no discussions of opening the ports. The US and the CDC do not care if the cruise line industries are losing money. They do not pay corporate taxes here so it is limited pressure they have...unlike Disney World. The biggest hurdle will be the rules in place for returning to port. If someone gets CV19, is the CDC going to allow the ship to port or quarantine the entire ship off shore? 

I want cruises to begin as well. I am hoping we are not the Guinea Pig cruises in November. However, I am getting the feeling it will delay until October 1 in about 3 weeks.

• Like 2

I'm scheduled to cruise out of Galveston on Enchantment on August 31 and it's not been cancelled yet

4 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Once the cruises from the US will begin RCL will very likely start with it's largest ships and rather shorter cruises out the FL ports.

I'm not sure why you'd say that unless you've read something i haven't, which is possible. But River cruises are running in large part because they are SMALLER ships.  I think getting things organized and implemented is easier on a smaller ship.  So I'm optimistic.  Possibly delusional, but optimistic. 

3 minutes ago, SuitCaseBears said:

I'm scheduled to cruise out of Galveston on Enchantment on August 31 and it's not been cancelled yet

I'm not sure why you'd say that unless you've read something i haven't, which is possible. But River cruises are running in large part because they are SMALLER ships.  I think getting things organized and implemented is easier on a smaller ship.  So I'm optimistic.  Possibly delusional, but optimistic. 

The gross margin on larger Oasis ships is greater and since they are larger, social distancing would be easier especially if they sail at reduced capacity. Logistically Florida would be the key starting point as there are many ports and a greater population who would be able to drive to port for a 4 or 5 day cruise as opposed to those who would have to fly to port.  The River cruises sail with in the U.S. The larger cruise ships have to call at a foreign port which is another issue if the foreign ports are closed to cruise ships.

9 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

The gross margin on larger Oasis ships is greater and since they are larger, social distancing would be easier especially if they sail at reduced capacity. Logistically Florida would be the key starting point as there are many ports and a greater population who would be able to drive to port for a 4 or 5 day cruise as opposed to those who would have to fly to port.  The River cruises sail with in the U.S. The larger cruise ships have to call at a foreign port which is another issue if the foreign ports are closed to cruise ships.

From a conversation I had with RC I got the impression it would be dependent on staffing logistics as well. The bigger the ship the more crew they have to get back in place quicker. The person I spoke with, whilst acknowledging more space and things to do on board larger ships, thought 7 night cruises less likely to sail first. 

They stated less than 5 nights to start due to limited ports so they can easily do CocoCay and Labadee. They also said that if the larger ships did sail they may be shortened from the 7 days to allow cleaning between sailings.

All speculation I know but just passing on what I heard.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spurschick said:

All speculation I know but just passing on what I heard.

What you said makes sense. And one way or the other, I assume I'll hear probably by the beginning of July for an Aug 31 sailing. It's only 4 nights, which we usually wouldn't do, but we were going to try a smaller cabin than we usually take. But with all of the issues with Covid, I upgraded because if we do get to go, I wanted the option to be comfortable staying in our cabin or on our balcony. 

2 hours ago, retiredgram said:

We were wondering the same.  We have a B2B, Oct. & Nov.

The way so many pax are bailing out of upcoming cruises...both L&S and outright cancel...no worries about being bumped off one of the first ships to sail that will most likely go with very, very low numbers.  

Typical passport photo of first pax to cruise:image.jpeg.957d38aab2da62d936136e80186ce638.jpeg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 2:57 AM, bigrednole said:

We are on HotS in November. I started getting a tingling feeling we will not sail. I expect August and September to be canceled in the next 3 weeks. Which would put November in the crosshairs. That begs the question, do we want to be the real first Guinea Pigs.

Yeah we are looking at the October 11th sail date. We are going to wait for August to come and see what happens. If they start sailing, like someone said earlier what ships will they deploy and to what capacity? Hopefully we can book her for that October date.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, island lady said:

Typical passport photo of first pax to cruise:image.jpeg.957d38aab2da62d936136e80186ce638.jpeg

This had me laughing.  Love it.  Seriously, though, I hope that most things are going to be ok.  Know that things will change, but hoping for a nice cruise.

• Like 2