Is this our future?

KirkNC

I actually feel one’s regular doctor probably has an excellent feel for this. That’s why Pontant is requiring the affidavit from their doctor. Good policy, imo.

I do realize that some will dishonesty shop for any doctor that will sign the form. Just like people that currently refuse to wear masks in public, some will always try to cheat the system. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe they mean the spike this month in cases

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/index.htm

Just guessing though

He was referring to states who opened early and we were not one of them.  We were on a statewide lockdown until the end of May and now we are only partially reopened.  The spike in cases is mostly because anyone who wants to be tested can get the test. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

I actually feel one’s regular doctor probably has an excellent feel for this. That’s why Pontant is requiring the affidavit from their doctor. Good policy, imo.

I do realize that some will dishonesty shop for any doctor that will sign the form. Just like people that currently refuse to wear masks in public, some will always try to cheat the system. 

Our cruise to Antarctica was with Ponant. They were very firm with their medical protocols prior to being able to get on the cruise. Everyone had to have a physical and signed by a physician sent in with other documents.

Yes, we did have a passenger die. He rode with us in the freezer for close to 2 weeks.

Well, I dont see a problem with such a new policy but I only wish that it wont last for too long, or even if it does - that it wont last long (as I said earlier) and that it wont be as strict. I mean otherwise almost all elderly people will be banned from cruising for good cause they can be potentially and financially harmless for the company 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunlover12 said:

He was referring to states who opened early and we were not one of them.  We were on a statewide lockdown until the end of May and now we are only partially reopened.  The spike in cases is mostly because anyone who wants to be tested can get the test. 

Thanks

As I said  I was guessing

Wow  so many people must have had the virus  to have the number shoot up in a few weeks

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Our cruise to Antarctica was with Ponant. They were very firm with their medical protocols prior to being able to get on the cruise. Everyone had to have a physical and signed by a physician sent in with other documents.

Yes, we did have a passenger die. He rode with us in the freezer for close to 2 weeks.

I guess they were not as strict as they should have been 😉

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Dr. Pinot would not allowed him to board - some nerve dying on a cruise..

Actually, he was probably in his 50's, thin, but smoked like a chimney. One woman was close to 100 yrs of age and we had a man about 300 lbs. at least. I thought the other 2 would be most likely to go first 😉

Europe released a report today. 78% of those that died of Covid were 75+. Most of the others had severe complications before Covid. 

The Europeans believe we should be targeting the most susceptible, with directed policies, to keep down deaths! Screams of ageism are the result. 

3 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Actually, he was probably in his 50's, thin, but smoked like a chimney. One woman was close to 100 yrs of age and we had a man about 300 lbs. at least. I thought the other 2 would be most likely to go first 😉

It just goes to show you - sometimes it is hard to predict who is at high risk

16 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

It just goes to show you - sometimes it is hard to predict who is at high risk

78% not enough for You? What do you personally need 90 or 95%? Let me guess, if you can find one child that died of Covid it negates all the other data!

Here’s another stat from here in the US that the liberal press isn’t releasing per doctors in the family. Covid loves diabetics. Best buddies. Besides the aged, we have a huge problem with diabetes in this country, therefore we have a more severe Covid problem than many countries. Who needs to be sheltering besides the aged? Those with diabetes! 

6 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

We had similar requirements to Antarctica in 2018 on Hurtigruten. Not a place to need much medical help.

6 hours ago, Roger88 said:

otherwise almost all elderly people will be banned from cruising for good cause they can be potentially and financially harmless for the company 

But aren't these the people who take the extended ATW-type cruises, book the suites, etc.?

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Covid loves diabetics. Best buddies. Besides the aged, we have a huge problem with diabetes in this country, therefore we have a more severe Covid problem than many countries

So diabetics are now forbidden from cruising according to your criteria?

How is this for an interesting statistic. In early March we had 11 deaths  And S. Korea had some 30+.

Fast forward to today and they have a TOTAL of 282 deaths and we - well, you know the number.

I know, it’’s the fat American diabetics that account for tha truly astonishing difference - nothing else.

Shame, shame, shame on how our leadership has let us down in this pandemic (and that is the truth - not a political statement).

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

But it's an underlying health problem. I think this has to be tossed...if they hope to stay in business. I have some issues, all quite benign and controlled at this point, that could stop me from cruising. Not the end of the world for me but still.

11 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I think Dr Pinot  only wants  people  that are like him to cruise 

Only those in perfect health & drink the same wine as he does

Maybe he & his doctor friend will stand at the  check desk & evaluate  those that  can cruise  

Time for the ignore feature 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/27/2020 at 1:04 PM, LHT28 said:

Thanks

As I said  I was guessing

Wow  so many people must have had the virus  to have the number shoot up in a few weeks

It is most interesting  to see   that many spikes come almost 2 weeks after the protesting mobs did their thing in California, Utah, Texas, Min. Fl, NC  NV  and AZ WA. Ore........Hmmm   and its mostly all under 40 , interesting is  in not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

It is most interesting  to see   that many spikes come almost 2 weeks after the protesting mobs did their thing in California, Utah, Texas, Min. Fl, NC  NV  and AZ WA. Ore........Hmmm   and its mostly all under 40 , interesting is  in not.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2020/06/19/so-far-george-floyd-protests-not-behind-surges-coronavirus/3226033001/

The analysis not exactly up to date or a scientific study,  but it has more data than conjecture.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Many States told the protesters they did not have to report if they were involved in a protest and needed a test. Not buying it. 

Can you provide documentation for your statement?  Which states?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Can you provide documentation for your statement?  Which states?

An example would be my state of CO. The Mayor of Denver put it out. You can use Google.

BTW...The virus does not care about your political affiliation. You can get it at an Antifa protest, BLM protest, Trump Rally in Tulsa, or by going out to bars and clubs. If you choose to be in those environments you risk your life and those of many others. Hope you stay safe and healthy.

2 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

An example would be my state of CO. The Mayor of Denver put it out. You can use Google.

BTW...The virus does not care about your political affiliation. You can get it at an Antifa protest, BLM protest, Trump Rally in Tulsa, or by going out to bars and clubs. If you choose to be in those environments you risk your life and those of many others. Hope you stay safe and healthy.

I don't disagree with your points on who can get the virus and how, but I don't think it's responsible to suggest that the protests were responsible for the upsurge, since the situation is much more complicated, as you point out.  And there may be isolated cases where there was some suggestion by a Local official that reporting needing a test (not quite the same as confirmed infections), but isn't your statement that "Many States told the protesters they did not have to report if they were involved in a protest and needed a test." a bit of a broad brush given the limited data behind it?  There was no such suggestion by State or local officials in AZ, for example.  

Anyway we're not choosing any the the environments that are problematic and we are trying to stay as health and safe as possible.  I'm just depressed to see how many of the AZ 20 to 30 somethings are simply ignoring any precautions.

You stay healthy and safe, too.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Perhaps you got it confused. Multiple articles about the mayor of Denver urging protesters to get tested:

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/05/31/denver-mayor-urges-protesters-get-tested-coronavirus/