Is this our future?

KirkNC

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Apology accepted.  xo

Thanks - stay safe!

We often disagree in politics but that doesn’t mean we cannot be civil to each other.

Edited by Paulchili

28 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

You need to read "The Great Influenza" by John M. Barry.  It's a bit of a slog and often tedious, but worth the pain.

Truly a great read. Gripping especially for the times in which we live.

11 hours ago, deadzone1003 said:

Rural states were never really affected. 

You are so misinformed. Check McDonald county Missouri. One of the hottest spots in the US for infections. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

You are so misinformed. Check McDonald county Missouri. One of the hottest spots in the US for infections. 

I rarely put on an ignore button but I had to on this poster.

I wonder if it's misinformed or just stubborn and single minded.

13 hours ago, deadzone1003 said:

USA is alot like the EU in that we are more like 50 countries than 50 similiar states.  Rural states were never really affected.  Even within one's own state, the rural area is totally different from the urban areas.  To have 1 policy nationwide is ludicrous unless you like to wear 1 size fits all clothes.  As for Cuomo, he knew the elderly and people with underlying medical conditions were most at risk, yet by decree, he forced recovering covid19 patients back into Nursing Homes from where they came even though they did not know if they were still infectious or not.  Many died later who caught the virus from these returning patients.  After awhile, nursing home patients who died in the hospitals were not counted as nursing home deaths.  So, New York doesn't know how many people died who were living in Nursing Homes.  How successful was Cuomo?  The death rate per million for New York is 1,619 now.  Florida is currently at 160 though it has a portionally larger elderly population.  Texas is currently at 80.  So if you are a resident of New York you are 10 times more likely to die of the virus than a resident of Florida.  That's how good a job Cuomo was doing protecting the people of New York.   

+ 1000

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I wonder if it's misinformed or just stubborn and single minded.

I'm 'dumping' people over the mask issue. I mean in my real life. I also add "arrogant" to the list.

22 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

You need to read "The Great Influenza" by John M. Barry.  It's a bit of a slog and often tedious, but worth the pain.

I definitely should; my spouse agrees that it indeed is an excellent book but I fear I already am rather depressed about the situation in the USA that I would spiral down even more.  

31 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

I definitely should; my spouse agrees that it indeed is an excellent book but I fear I already am rather depressed about the situation in the USA that I would spiral down even more.  

Well, my experience was more of fear than more depression.  I know that there are some folks who think that fear is an enemy, and it often is.  In this case, I think not.  Fears girds our loins for the battle.

On 6/29/2020 at 12:47 PM, clo said:

I don't think there's anything "common" about sense and I don't on this either. Have there been a lot of protests in FL, AZ, etc.? 

And just to be clear, do you ever post links that provide good data on things? Or is it always just your never humble opinion?

Well   every media outlet since May 30..... hundreds...  any person watching any TV channel or reading any newspaper... from NPR to Fox, local or national would have a pretty good grasp of the players and the places......... Beyond that I can help resolve your inherent cynicism.....    Sorry

Ya... Phoenix, Tuscon, and all over FL...  you must have been not watching.....

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 8:42 AM, ORV said:

Very small population and a huge poultry plant where hundreds tested positive.

1 hour ago, Traveler67 said:

Very small population and a huge poultry plant where hundreds tested positive.

Doesn't change anything, those people are still out in the community. The point was that Rural states weren't affected, and they are. 

• Like 2