Would We Fit in?

cruisekitty22

Considering going on the Scarlet Lady in 2021 for a 4 day cruise.  We are 65 and 75 years old.  It looks like this cruise line is gearing towards 20-30 year olds? Anyone else think this is the case? We love there is no kids.  We worry we wont fit in any advise/thoughts?  We don't want a "stuffy" ship!

• Like 1

We will both be 64 when we cruise in December.  I have no worries about fitting in.  I am going on the ship with the full intention of having a good time, enjoying myself, and experiencing a different take on cruising.  I am sure there will be others who are not in their 20s or 30s.  Many will be older, long-time cruisers looking to change things up a bit.  I don't think you have anything to worry about! 

• Like 1

We are 44 and 54 and usually cruise  on Celebrity.  We like the idea of no kids as well. From reading most of the people on this board's comments, it looks like the 30-60 age group will be better represented than the 20-30.  I think if you are young at heart you will enjoy the cruise. Worst case scenario - it is only a 4 or 5 night trip and then you will know once and for all whether Virgin is for you. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We are in our mid 50’s and have only experienced 3 lines so far ( carnival, royal carebean and celebrity). I don't think virgin will be for us.

We have to save for a few years to go on a cruise, it's a real treat for us, so I look forward to a bit of luxury. I can see they want modern and sleek, but it all looks like a shopping center / airport lounge to me. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We've sailed all the major lines except HAL. I'm 78 and my wife is 69. From what I've seen of the Scarlet Lady, and I've been following it from the beginning. I just can't see ourselves on this line. It just doesn't fit. From the cabins to the pool, doesn't turn us on.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 5:53 AM, deliver42 said:

We've sailed all the major lines except HAL. I'm 78 and my wife is 69. From what I've seen of the Scarlet Lady, and I've been following it from the beginning. I just can't see ourselves on this line. It just doesn't fit. From the cabins to the pool, doesn't turn us on.

I've been watching as well, have also gone on lots of lines, and I believe many aspects I have seen won't appeal to younger people either.  Certainly  certain games and activities might appeal to different age groups, but I don't think that "weird" appeals to younger people then older people. Some will be the opposite.  Put a turntable in a room and older people will say "cool" younger people won't even know what it is. Younger or older all want basically the same thing, good food, lots of room storage, lots of activities, etc. 

• 7 months later...
On 6/18/2020 at 2:13 PM, mnocket said:

You might take a look at this video review to see if the atmosphere appeals to you.

While I enjoyed this video, it is from a press/influencer event. The typical clients won't be this young/trendy. It will be a mix. Go and enjoy! I am going to celebrate my 40th birthday. I expect folks younger and older and it will be all good!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 5:08 PM, cruisekitty22 said:

Considering going on the Scarlet Lady in 2021 for a 4 day cruise.  We are 65 and 75 years old.  It looks like this cruise line is gearing towards 20-30 year olds? Anyone else think this is the case? We love there is no kids.  We worry we wont fit in any advise/thoughts?  We don't want a "stuffy" ship!

If you were wanting to check out this ship and this line's offering - these short UK cruises will not be filled with young people - even by August the majority of people who will be fully vaccinated will be over 50 at the very least - so if a bit of a nostalgia to the good old Virgin Radio days tempts you, this might be the only cruises where the demographic is on the mature side so to speak

• Like 1

We are both 69 and just booked a 4 night cruise from Portsmouth, I reckon that the younger ones will all be in work leaving the ship to us slightly more mature age group . I do not think I would have booked VV as a matter of course, but thought this was a great time to try a new cruise line. 

• Like 1

I've just booked a 3 night cruise, and will be 69 by the time we sail.  It's a good opportunity to try a new ship, and sailing out of Portsmouth has been on my wish list for a while.  As it's only a mini cruise, I'll have a small suitcase, so will arrive at the port on a local bus!

I'm taking my 87 year old mum on the 9th August 4 day- due to her I'll be vaccinated so it seems only fair I take her! She is very open minded so I am sure she will love sitting on her aft terrace and people watching.

Wendy

• Like 2