Searching for old threads

Divi

I know there is lots of information on here about beverage cards but I can’t seem to find how to search older threads.

It used to be so easy and perhaps it still is but I can’t figure it out.  We will have beverage cards for the first time with HAL’s  promotion and I’m curious how difficult/easy it is to get a second glass of wine at dinner.

5 hours ago, Divi said:

I know there is lots of information on here about beverage cards but I can’t seem to find how to search older threads.

It used to be so easy and perhaps it still is but I can’t figure it out.  We will have beverage cards for the first time with HAL’s  promotion and I’m curious how difficult/easy it is to get a second glass of wine at dinner.

There should not be a problem.  

HAL has waxed hot and cold on beverage cards.  On some ships, i.e. Nieuw Statendam, when I tried to purchase one, you would have thought that I was a guest from Mars by the bartender's response.  December 2019 on the Volendam and January 2020 on the Eurodam, beverage cards were available.  The bartenders on both ship wondered why I wanted to buy them, but when I explained my reason, they found what I was asking for.  (This was in the Ocean Bar on both ships.) 

Hi Divi.  Are you referring to a "Signature Beverage Package" which entitles you to 15 alcoholic beverages per day plus unlimited non alcoholic beverages or a "Beverage Card" which has a defined dollar amount, like a debit card?  I only ask because of the comment rkacruiser made about the crew questioning her.  Either way, as kwb101 stated, you just ask for another glass of wine and the waiter will bring it!   Enjoy!

~Nancy

It is the Signature Beverage Card and it is part of the “Have It All“ promotion. We haven’t had this before and would normally order a wine package. I was just curious how easy/convenient it is to use at dinner in the MDR or any other venue.

Thanks for the replies, specially Sir PMP😆

We had the Signature Beverage Package.  It was very easy to use at any bar, just order whatever you want, under $11.  Also good at the Explorations Cafe. In the MDR it seemed to take a long time to get my wine,  so I usually stopped at a bar before going into the MDR and got a glass of wine and carried it to the table.  Then, I ordered another glass when I ordered my meal.  I could sip my first glass of wine while chatting, then the next glass would be delivered to me by the time my main course arrived.  Getting an after dinner drink didn't seem to take as long as waiting for that glass of wine during dinner.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

We had the Signature Beverage Package.  It was very easy to use at any bar, just order whatever you want, under $11.  Also good at the Explorations Cafe. In the MDR it seemed to take a long time to get my wine,  so I usually stopped at a bar before going into the MDR and got a glass of wine and carried it to the table.  Then, I ordered another glass when I ordered my meal.  I could sip my first glass of wine while chatting, then the next glass would be delivered to me by the time my main course arrived.  Getting an after dinner drink didn't seem to take as long as waiting for that glass of wine during dinner.

Hope that helps.

Thank you. Good plan for the MDR 🍷

On 6/20/2020 at 11:01 AM, Divi said:

Here is the result of this search

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q="beverage package"&type=forums_topic&nodes=103&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_in=titles

You need to get to the more search options

I start with this seach box and pick the highlighted items, then search "beverage package" in quotes

image.thumb.png.51b4ebe4bdfc7778e05ec8fe67b933b2.png

image.thumb.png.8f07c7305d99a5926b13f521422a97bf.png

A-

• Like 1