Does NCL still offer "bag of laundry" deal?

flwinejunkie

On 6/20/2020 at 4:24 PM, flwinejunkie said:

Hello!

When I was on the Epic for a Mediterranean cruise in both 2014 and 2016, NCL offered a laundry deal towards the end of the cruise.  I stuffed everything I could into a laundry bag for a specific price that was pretty reasonable.  Does NCL still offer this deal?  Any idea on the price?

I'm going on an 11 day Greek Isles & Italy cruise in May 2021 and planning to spend some time before and after the cruise in Italy.  It would be nice to be able to have some stuff washed.  

Thanks for your help!

Mary Jon

Only one offering me FREE Laundry these days is my wife !

On 6/21/2020 at 1:23 PM, dexddd said:

This was one of the few things they actually dropped price on from $25 to $20 -rounded.

We even had a six day offered twice but that was long time ago.

But.......the bag also got a lot smaller.    

• Like 1

Just now, MSUjohn said:

this is one of the things i "hate" about NCL, no coin laundry on the ship.

The bag of laundry deal is one of my favourite things. I love not having to worry about doing laundry while on vacation. IMO, it's one of the best perks on NCL ships. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can I request a second bag for the $20 laundry deal, especially since I am double paying as a solo passenger? I am linking 2 cruises together and may not be able to get laundry done in the brief turnaround period ashore. Cheers...

3 minutes ago, dumbth said:

Can I request a second bag for the $20 laundry deal, especially since I am double paying as a solo passenger? I am linking 2 cruises together and may not be able to get laundry done in the brief turnaround period ashore. Cheers...

You'll get a bag on each of your linked cruises. Not sure if they'll allow you 2 bags per cruise ... you can always ask. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 11:59 AM, All-ready2cruise said:

The bag of laundry deal is one of my favourite things. I love not having to worry about doing laundry while on vacation. IMO, it's one of the best perks on NCL ships. 

that's very understandable, but I myself pack VERY light and it is the turn around time that kills me.

We were on a 13 day cruise last year and only had one laundry special day. We were allowed to use multiple bags, each one for $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2 minutes ago, Bear Down said:

We were on a 13 day cruise last year and only had one laundry special day. We were allowed to use multiple bags, each one for $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

my last cruise was three weeks long, we got one bag per week.

We're both platinum plus so each one of us get a comped bag of laundry . We usually do one bag mid way through the cruise and the 2nd toward the end . If you are gold latitudes you get a discount at any time . I can't remember the amount. Just check latitude rewards .

17 hours ago, delaware32 said:

We're both platinum plus so each one of us get a comped bag of laundry . We usually do one bag mid way through the cruise and the 2nd toward the end . If you are gold latitudes you get a discount at any time . I can't remember the amount. Just check latitude rewards .

It's 50% off for gold.  

Here's the Lat. Rewards list:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

17 hours ago, delaware32 said:

And you now get a free bag of laundry if you are in a club suite (a.k.a. Minisuite). 

15 hours ago, nhtravels said:

Is there a laundry perk for the Haven?  Discount or otherwise?  I can't seem to find it (and my old-timer's is setting in and I don't remember!) 

Nope, other than if you have certain status level.

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum level get a half-price offer.  Totally agree on hints to tape the bag edge, and roll/squish/roll.  Use the second paper bag as a cover, giving you essentially another half-bag of space.  NEVER been challenged.  Since the steward doesn't trust the paper bag, either, they will put the whole thing into a nylon drawstring bag to haul downstairs anyway.  

I often use a mesh bag for bras and other 'dainties', which may or may not have been crammed into the paper-bag capsule.  Again, never challenged... but they do NOT fold these items.  Which is fine by me. 

• 5 months later...
On 7/12/2020 at 9:03 AM, BirdTravels said:

And you now get a free bag of laundry if you are in a club suite (a.k.a. Minisuite). 

We've only sailed once with NCL, but just booked a 38 day B2B in a Club Balcony suite and are curious if we get one free bag of laundry per person on each leg or just one bag per cabin on each leg? 

On 7/11/2020 at 12:51 PM, Bear Down said:

Also glad to hear they allow multiple discounted bags on the laundry sale day. Definitely a plus as we will be on B2B 19 day cruises!

On 7/11/2020 at 12:54 PM, MSUjohn said:

my last cruise was three weeks long, we got one bag per week.

This option will definitely come in handy as well!! Many of the comments provided on this thread have definitely eased our laundry concerns going on such a long cruise.