Does NCL still offer "bag of laundry" deal?

flwinejunkie

Hello!

When I was on the Epic for a Mediterranean cruise in both 2014 and 2016, NCL offered a laundry deal towards the end of the cruise.  I stuffed everything I could into a laundry bag for a specific price that was pretty reasonable.  Does NCL still offer this deal?  Any idea on the price?

I'm going on an 11 day Greek Isles & Italy cruise in May 2021 and planning to spend some time before and after the cruise in Italy.  It would be nice to be able to have some stuff washed.  

Thanks for your help!

Mary Jon

53 minutes ago, flwinejunkie said:

...When I was on the Epic for a Mediterranean cruise in both 2014 and 2016, NCL offered a laundry deal towards the end of the cruise.....Does NCL still offer this deal? 

Not right now! 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, roger001 said:

at was vs what will be, if or when, only guesses.   However, my last cruise not long before shut down, yes, a laundry special during the week.  $25 to stuff the bag.  

Exactly, we don't know what will be when it all rolls out again in.... who knows when, however, Oct. 2019, the price for that (the bag's a little smaller IMO) it was $19.95 and hopefully there'll be something comparable in the new scheme of things. 

3 hours ago, flwinejunkie said:

Hello!

When I was on the Epic for a Mediterranean cruise in both 2014 and 2016, NCL offered a laundry deal towards the end of the cruise.  I stuffed everything I could into a laundry bag for a specific price that was pretty reasonable.  Does NCL still offer this deal?  Any idea on the price?

I'm going on an 11 day Greek Isles & Italy cruise in May 2021 and planning to spend some time before and after the cruise in Italy.  It would be nice to be able to have some stuff washed.  

Thanks for your help!

Mary Jon

You may get a couple of chances at the fill-a-bag on an 11 day cruise. 

EC16D330-ACA8-4EAA-9208-D04958E88EC8.jpeg

Yea I realize things will be different once we are able to begin cruising again.  Since it has been 4 years since we cruised on NCL I was curious if the service was still an option before the shut down.

Thank you for providing your recent experiences with the bundled laundry service!!  The pictures showing the different options with cost are very helpful!

Can't wait to start cruising again since we've recently decided to pull the trigger and retire!!

7 hours ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

It's amazing what you can fit into those bags with some ingenuity and packing tape!

My husband has it down to a science. He's a big guy and it's amazing how much he can get in that bag. We each get get a free bag so it's a really good deal. And he has never used tape!

1 hour ago, cruiserssandr said:

My husband has it down to a science. He's a big guy and it's amazing how much he can get in that bag. We each get get a free bag so it's a really good deal. And he has never used tape!

Can you share his tips so I can become a scientist too?   😉  Rolling vs. folding?

I have not used packing tape (great idea!) but somebody on CC taught me a similar method years ago.  You line the flimsy paper laundry bag they give you with a plastic bag (medium trash bin size works well) and then roll your clothing items very tightly and stack them in the bag.  It is amazing how much you can fit in.  One thing I would add is to count your items as you add them so you can fill in the number of items without unpacking them all again. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

I have not used packing tape (great idea!) but somebody on CC taught me a similar method years ago.  You line the flimsy paper laundry bag they give you with a plastic bag (medium trash bin size works well) and then roll your clothing items very tightly and stack them in the bag.  It is amazing how much you can fit in.  One thing I would add is to count your items as you add them so you can fill in the number of items without unpacking them all again. 

Great idea!  Thanks for sharing.😃

Funny...but on my last NCL cruise, I had a free bag of laundry as a perk.  I stuffed so much in the bag that I tore it in half.  My steward laughed when he saw my bag sitting on the bed for pick up.  He got one of his cloth bags, put my clothes in it and asked if I had any more I'd like laundered as he had more room in the bag.  I practically threw my entire week's clothing in it.  I filled out a new slip for laundry.  Got it back the next day, all folded neatly in a little basket.  No charge.

• Like 4

How do they announce this, a flyer notice in your cabin? I don't want to miss out because of not hearing or reading some posting. On previous NCL cruise I had a confrontation with a passenger trying to throw a drink on my last clean white clothes, and I almost got the blame because NCL didn't realize the old biddy was very drunk. Thanks

2 hours ago, dumbth said:

How do they announce this, a flyer notice in your cabin? I don't want to miss out because of not hearing or reading some posting. On previous NCL cruise I had a confrontation with a passenger trying to throw a drink on my last clean white clothes, and I almost got the blame because NCL didn't realize the old biddy was very drunk. Thanks

We can only tell you how they did things pre-pandemic  — in this case with a flyer or in the Freestyle Daily — but who knows what they may do in the future to reduce that kind of clutter. I think the one thing you can count on, though, is that NCL will let you know how you can spend money on board. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dumbth said:

Flyer in the cabin...usually left on the bed or on the desk.