Cruise Ship changes

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

I would not either but I am afraid that I would cancel my cruise due to that and then find out that they don't enforce the mask policy.  Just like other policies that they have and don't enforce.  I would hate to miss the cruise only to find out that lots of people didn't wear them 

I see it a little differently. If there is a policy to wear masks, whether or not it is inforced, I don't want to feel like I am breaking a policy  every time I walk out of my cabin. I also don't need the stress of confontations with "mask police" when I encounter someone in a passageway or elevator. 

Also, if there is such a policy, enforced or not, then the virus would most likely still be enough of an issue that I wouldn't get on a ship anyway. Though I am not overly concerned about getting sick I do avoid risky situations the best I can. I spend as little time in stores as possible and have not returned to the gym. And a quarantine after returning home would be a big concern for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Will you cruise if you have to wear a mask?

I would. Going from 5-6 full cruises a year for 4 years to 0 is unbearable.

Masks are only enforced when social distancing cannot be kept and on the ship we rarely in large crowds.

Also .. cruising in masks for us is better than being stuck at home.. even though we live pretty close to the ocean.

It is kinda pointless to wear a mask to a restaurant but take it off to eat. Wear a mask to a lounge but take it off to drink. If it is not left on all the time you are indoors you may as well not have one at all. That is exactly what goes on in most US states that have requirements to wear a mask. I watch the employees at these places.They pull the mask up, down, all around, and off at least 10-20 times an hour. Drop it on the floor and put it right back on. I doubt 5-10 percent of the people who wear a mask have one that is even reasonably effective.

• Like 2

Main point of masks are not to allow your droplets to travel to other people. 
For this it works fine. We kind of used to it by now. People don’t walk, run in them, they only wear masks when they approach other people. Maybe in restaurants arrangements could be made not to put people too close to each other. 
Also tests could be done prior .. temperatures taken

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What about walking in the halls? Sitting in the theater?  Onshore excursions?  Aqua theater?

M8

No one know what will be required. Ships are not expected to sail, at the earliest, until mid September.  Many expect a much later sail date. Who  knows what rules/regulations will be implemented. 

m

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Wearing a mask may turn out to be a major advantage in the Lounges.  You won't have to listen to people bragging about their points and how many cruises they have.

Pin on Just Because

The new brag. “ I had 4 cruises cancelled”. Well I had 8 cancelled.  I had …........

Can’t wait!  
m

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Main point of masks are not to allow your droplets to travel to other people. 
For this it works fine. We kind of used to it by now. People don’t walk, run in them, they only wear masks when they approach other people. Maybe in restaurants arrangements could be made not to put people too close to each other. 
Also tests could be done prior .. temperatures taken

So you enter the MDR with your mask on, sit at your table, then take it off and do what with it? Do you put it on the table with all the germs you have been breathing into it? Do you stick it in your pocket? Then you get up to leave and take this used mask that was crammed in some pocket and put it over your nose and mouth yet we tell people to keep their hands away from their nose and mouth because touching those areas promotes illness. This hardly seems like sound practice. What activities are allowed while your mask is off? It is ok to talk?

It still seems to me that if all this is necessary to keep people safe then it is still too risky to get on a ship.

@HaveWeMetYet makes a very valid points in post #29.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tinkertoy9000 said:

Has Royal Caribbean, or any other cruise line, issued revised up to date information about what to expect on cruises from now on?    How will boarding, dining, attendance at shows, and access to the pool and sun decks be handled?   What should we expect to be different?  Will there still be Diamond and Concierge lounges available?

Cases are exploding, you can be sure there will be protocols, but the drama will be something to watch look at masks, gathering ongoing now on shore and we aren't even getting to the petri dish cruises yet.

I suspect there will be restrictions on density meaning fewer passengers and higher prices, spaced out dining rooms, change in buffets, serves all in mask and gloves etc. etc.   the list of preventive measures will be long and restrictive, that in itself will keep a lot of cruisers off them!    Imagine the pool area with 1/3 the number of loungers, let the chair hogs loose!

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So you enter the MDR with your mask on, sit at your table, then take it off and do what with it? Do you put it on the table with all the germs you have been breathing into it? Do you stick it in your pocket? Then you get up to leave and take this used mask that was crammed in some pocket and put it over your nose and mouth yet we tell people to keep their hands away from their nose and mouth because touching those areas promotes illness. This hardly seems like sound practice. What activities are allowed while your mask is off? It is ok to talk?

It still seems to me that if all this is necessary to keep people safe then it is still too risky to get on a ship.

@HaveWeMetYet makes a very valid points in post #29.

I am sure it can be thought through. As long as a person is not coughing sneezing at other people , nobody should get sick. We had BLM demonstrations and even riots in Boston and Mass recently .. people were very close, but no spikes of COVID since then. And people  were given numerous places to get tested free of cost. 
(I have my doubts about whole story as in our hard hit state I know exactly 3 person who got sick.. 69, 75, 81.. All recovered... and nobody else.. Yes.. I religiously watch numbers, but many things seems strange). Anyway we adjusted to use masks, so they are not as bad. Especially non medical. 

1 minute ago, Tatka said:

We had BLM demonstrations and even riots in Boston and Mass recently .. people were very close, but no spikes of COVID since then. And people  were given numerous places to get tested free of cost. 

And you know these people were tested?

I can see this...  I was looting and destroying property so I need to be tested. Lol

M8

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And you know these people were tested?

I can see this...  I was looting and destroying property so I need to be tested. Lol

M8

Well.. it was interesting proposition. I thought it would be a convenient way to identify them (I feel whole thing is some kind of sick experiment), but of course testing would be anonymous. 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve mentioned this as an experience we often have here. Thank you as an experienced cruiser who sees it too. 

The devil made me do it.

M8

Orher than Mr 1750, I really don't see it all that often.

• Like 1

At the end of the day I doubt cruise lines will sail with social distancing and mask wearing. Just too few people want to spend their money on a vacation with that type of requirement and it will be to difficult to enforce. I doubt CDC will allow cruise lines into the US ports if Covid is still bad enough where it is a local requirement also.

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

Well.. it was interesting proposition. I thought it would be a convenient way to identify them (I feel whole thing is some kind of sick experiment), but of course testing would be anonymous. 🙂 

I've read that the virus will mysteriously end after November 3rd.

• Haha 2